The Bible As History by Werner Keller, has anyone heard of this book?

Mrs Butterworth

Oct 4, 2008
✟639.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible As History by Werner Keller, has anyone heard of this book?

I'm interested in the book but It's last publish date is 1980 and I'm afraid it's a bit out of date. Furthermore the table of contents suggests that the shroud of Turin, which has since been proved to be a fake, might be authentic. Can anyone suggest a book of similar topic that is more contemporary?

Webers_Home

May 1, 2009
Oregon
✟1,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RE: The Bible As History by Werner Keller, has anyone heard of this book?

I own two hard-cover copies of this fascinating book and found it to be extremely useful in my own private study of the book of Genesis.

The book can be easily found online at monster suppliers like Amazon dot com

RE: It's last publish date is 1980

My copies are dated 1995 by Barnes & Noble Books. At present, Amazon is offering two copies dated 2008.

RE: the table of contents suggests that the shroud of Turin, which has since been proved to be a fake, might be authentic.

The table of contents in my copies questions the shrouds authenticity; and the chapter itself leaves no doubt that it is impossible to prove the shroud was used to bury Christ.

Even if you don't care to read Mr. Keller's book at this time, I still urge you to get a copy anyway and keep it in your collection of references as the day may come when you (or perhaps your posterity) will wish you'd gotten it when you had the chance.

C.L.I.F.F.
/

Upvote 0