Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
cutting is a really awful thing (obviously) and most who cut themselves hide it - sadly that's often the only way they can deal with the pain they experience in their lives - they aren't able to express it any other way.

even if she didn't injure herself to the point of losing her life - she obviously needs help - good for your daughter in calling 911 - hopefully that will force both your daughter's friend and her parents to deal with the situation

Praying for your daughter in this time of stress and for her friend that she get the help she obviously needs.

Amen - I agree

Thanks girls I really appreciate it!:hug:

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm watching Little People Big World.

It's quiet and comfy.

I like quiet and comfy....

now see - I'm of the same mindset - curled up on the sofa - closed the shades to shut out the snow/sleet - a big mug of cinnamon tea with honey - only difference, I'm watching Paula Deen (ok - I'm flipping to Detroit Red Wings hockey every now and then, but mostly I'm watching Paula)

Upvote 0

HesMyAll

Senior Contributor
Nov 4, 2002
Ohio
✟18,278.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
WOW, Mary! I am so sorry to hear that and how things are going. Will keep this in prayer for sure.

They took her to the hospital and put some staples in her wrists. She's going to be ok but honestly, I don't know if its a good thing for Melanie to keep communicating with her....it scared the daylights out of her!

Upvote 0

Heart of a Seeker

Romans 8:28
Jul 12, 2006
At home in Iowa
✟38,537.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
now see - I'm of the same mindset - curled up on the sofa - closed the shades to shut out the snow/sleet - a big mug of cinnamon tea with honey - only difference, I'm watching Paula Deen (ok - I'm flipping to Detroit Red Wings hockey every now and then, but mostly I'm watching Paula)

I love Paula! Now I'm watching this Christmas movie on Hallmark.

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I love Paula! Now I'm watching this Christmas movie on Hallmark.

she made chicken fried steak and biscuits with gravy (used shortening for the biscuits, but recommended lard!!!) - looked scrumptious, but might as well shoot the cholesterol straight into the heart:swoon::swoon:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I really like chicken fried steak - I love the gravy!! :thumbsup:

Yes, it's yummy, but it might kill ya!

I just got four new cookbooks in the mail and one of them is Paula Deen's new Christmas cookbook.

going to have to look for that.

My daughter wants to marry Bobby Deen - not because she knows anything about him, she just thinks that Paula Deen would be a great mother-in-law

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
I

IBLuke226

she made chicken fried steak and biscuits with gravy (used shortening for the biscuits, but recommended lard!!!) - looked scrumptious, but might as well shoot the cholesterol straight into the heart:swoon::swoon:
LOL

sounds so good now I want that for breakfast,

oh, Armand, how about it, can you whip us up some chicken fried steaks and biscuits w/gravy...Yummy

might as well do some shredded hash browns and make a Sunday morning feast;)

Upvote 0
I

IBLuke226

hi all ! Just checking in... Off to bed as well. Singing 3 services and meeting an online friend after that, then family friends after that. A LONGgggggggggg day! :hug: :hug: :hug:

**Marti sets up auto waffles and coffee... ** Have a great Sunday!
Hi Marti:wave:

Prayed for your back to be better:prayer:

Sounds like a nice but busy day, God Bless Sister:hug:

Upvote 0
I

IBLuke226

They took her to the hospital and put some staples in her wrists. She's going to be ok but honestly, I don't know if its a good thing for Melanie to keep communicating with her....it scared the daylights out of her!
Just maybe it will let her see that Mom has
her better interests at heart too.:hug:

And I do hope the hospital staff is doing an evaluatuion on the young Lady. :pray:

Upvote 0

Abigayle's Legacy

Senior Contributor
Aug 9, 2006
✟29,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Gabby,

I was out late tonight with Tina,
looks like the service is set for Tuesday.
The Dr. has given her some nerve/ansiety(sp) meds so
that has helped some.

So if I don't get up early you can copy and bring over my postings from the other thread if you want.

:hug:
Off to bed now for me:wave:
I have been given something so...you can do that tonight or when you can. I understand do not worry. I will lift you in prayer.
hugs
G

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.