THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO, the people leaving have made decisions based on emotion.
Premature decisions, made while folks are trying to deal with a difficult situation.
There is a time to leave, yes, but if that decision is made while folks are going
thru a hard time, trying to deal with a difficult situation, then that shows a
lack of mercy on the part of the leavers.
For some of us here, OBOB is a family. That may not be true for all.
Family doesn't abandon family.
We work with each other, we show patience with each other.
Above all, we extend mercy, giving others the time they need to come around.
There is not a person here that I don't love, even those who I disagree with.
And there is no way I would leave, over a difference of opinion.
The very idea can't even enter my mind.
So for those who are leaving, I want to say, I love you all.
And I'm very sorry you have decided to abandon your OBOB family.
It is heartbreaking, to say the least.
And it causes me to wonder about the Church, that people are so quick to
leave what was supposed to be a family, I wonder what it means.
There are disagreements, and people walk out the door, forever.
What's that about.
I thought the Church made folks one. One.
Apparently, I was wrong.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Global, baby:

(Can I call you Global, baby ?)

I just got done reading the list of infractions for having the audasity to point out this very thing on the open threads that discussed this murder.

I'm thinking the same way you are.

As much as I hate to admit it, the late great Cosmic was right.

This place sucks.

I don't want to party, so I'm going home.

And you Charlie Tuna, pahlease, if I can stand round after round of Gay bashing, from a small cadre here, then you can suck it up too.

Here is a funny story, my friend wanted to Rip my head of, I taught his stubborn 4 year old, to say to Daddy , "No justice, No peace ! " I think both he and and his wife want to stab me to death, LOL

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Premature decisions, made while folks are trying to deal with a difficult situation.
There is a time to leave, yes, but if that decision is made while folks are going
What's that about.
Apparently, I was wrong.

:cry: Great post.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's get back on track. This thread is deteriorating.

Three people decided to leave OBOB. While they gave a few reasons, their basic purpose was to thank everyone with whom they had shared and from whom they had learned.

Our basic response should be to wish them well and thank them in return, not to judge whether their reasons are good enough.

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
What's that about.
Apparently, I was wrong.
I assure you that my decision was not an emotional one. It's a matter of avoiding a near occasion of sin. But thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt while at the same time calling into question my "Catholicness" :thumbsup: Charity as always prevails in OBOB. This thread is such a prime example of everything that has gone seriously wrong with this once great forum.

I have been here for over FIVE years...just like in real life people move on with their lives, well that's me. I'm moving on with my life. My OBOB family--most of whom have left already or been forced to leave--all know how and where to find and contact me. I'm sorry if you aren't "family" enough with people here to have contact with them outside this poisonous forum.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Pope said 'All life is precious...'

Basically, I am sorry that Tiller died, even though he did murder many children, i have hope that even abortionists can eventually repent.

None of us are so beyond the scope of God's mercy that He cannot do justice on our souls when we need it most so all of us can enter Heaven.

I also believe had he lived and been prayed for - [hopefully he repented] that he would have done penance - then ppl would have been cheering him on.

Maybe thru evil however; other abortionists will pack up and walk away and think things through. Not likely actually, but i believe in prayer and i believe the Lord will give each of us sinners one last time to repent before we die.

This man needed more time on earth for the Lord [had we prayed for him] to send him graces to walk away from this sort of sin.

He saved Paul - even through Paul suffered tribulations and pains and finally beheading. But still - God doesn't like anyone to be killed simply because ALL OF US are deserving of His justice, but He still prefers mercy.
If we take a life before God takes that life - that act is usurpation of God's Choice, His Will.

When we pray the Our Father - we pray His will be done - in His time - how He will do it. We just need to make acts of -gasp- reparation for others...[that means giving of ourselves and not being the man that sits in the front thanking God he isnt like the horrible sinners]

Yes, YOU want a change in someone - fast and pray. DO this often.

If you simply want to sit in the judgement throne, and do nothing more than cast aspirations of hate - you will reap what you sow.

For we are not to find good and count them in acts that 'agree' with what our hearts hold. LOVE is to forgive and most of all - PRAY for the ones you love - which if i am not mistaken is everyone....especially those whom you see is an enemy.

HOW many lives did St Pio - or St Faustina save because of their acts of reparation for others?

For the most important of all things is love. To love is not to HOLD TO THE WRONGS - but to do something to save someone else.
Not gloating - but loving and praying.

Sounds so simple [even sounds ineffective to a human who puts more trust into what men can do]
- since we all see the sins in others more easily than ourselves and we gloat at their misfortunes....how can anyone be happy knowing a human being - altho assuredly deserving of judgement for his crimes - is going to be eternally forsaken of God??

Ya know - a close friend of ours whom we love is also worthy of justice too...but God doesnt want this for anyone. Cutting off somone's life is putting ourselves on His Throne.

Lord have mercy!!

Teach us all to be humble and afraid for our enemies and ourselves.

Peace

GN, we dont always agree - but ya better get yer butt back in here.

Upvote 0

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I am not around more enough, but this thread does make me understand why several people who have been here for multiple years have been leaving.
Shannon, I know where you are, but Global.. let me know where to find you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assure you that my decision was not an emotional one. It's a matter of avoiding a near occasion of sin. But thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt while at the same time calling into question my "Catholicness" :thumbsup: Charity as always prevails in OBOB. This thread is such a prime example of everything that has gone seriously wrong with this once great forum.

I'm sorry Shannon, I certainly didn't mean to offend you, and most definitely
had no intention of "calling into question your Catholicness".
If I came across that way, I'm very sorry, it wasn't my intention.
I've always liked you, and would never mean to hurt you.

I have been here for over FIVE years...just like in real life people move on with their lives, well that's me. I'm moving on with my life. My OBOB family--most of whom have left already or been forced to leave--all know how and where to find and contact me. I'm sorry if you aren't "family" enough with people here to have contact with them outside this poisonous forum.

If you meant to put a spear in my heart, you did a good job.
Goodbye Shannon, I wish you well, may God bless you and yours always.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dear friends,

this is to announce that I am leaving OBOB.

I have been a member since the day Pope John Paul 2 died - no coincidence, though the story is not worth telling - and I have learnt a tremedous lot, received a tremendous amount of blessings, shared, prayed, had fun.

Thank you to everyone for all that, and may God continue to bless you richly and guide you on the right path!

I am leaving because I have finally realised that it is dishonest for me to participate in a forum where it is impossible to separate the concept of "pro-choice" from that of "baby-killer", and where the deliberate murder of a human being - who happens to be a doctor who believes that abortion is allowable in some cases, and acts on this belief - is discussed so coldly that I am forced to acknowledge that the majority of you concur with this murder.

This attitude is, in my opinion, so unethical, and goes so essentially against what I believe, that I do not feel it is right for me to be a member of this forum any longer.

May God bless you all, and thank you again for everything!
Greetings. I am sorry to hear that. I check in on different boards around CF, including OBOB.

May the LORD continue to bring you peace, joy, happiness and love wherever your walk takes you while we all sojourn on this revolving ball in space called "Earth" . God bless. :wave::hug:

Upvote 0

Joshua G.

Mar 5, 2009
U.S.A.
✟5,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What's that about.
Apparently, I was wrong.
Keep in mind that to many of us this is little more than a forum where interesting people meet for interesting conversation. It is not a Church, it is not a parish and it isn't even a Bible Study Group. I know for some people this place has played a more pivotal role in their well being but for most people it is little more than a hobby. And like all hobbies, it is a dispensiable part of our lives. Many of us would proably do our spiritual lives some good by leaving CF.

Given that the two posters who said they are leaving are generally not prone to emotional responses in this forum, my guess is that, whether they stick with it or not, the decision was based more on thought that pure emotion.

The recent discussion surrounding Dr Tiller and abortion has been extremely disheartening to some of us and I speak as one who is quite staunch on the abortion topic.

Anyway, God bless you guys! Thanks for the time you've spent here and I hope in the future you pop in from time to time UNLESS it would distract you from God's will.

Joshua

Upvote 0

Joshua G.

Mar 5, 2009
U.S.A.
✟5,328.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for adding to the silliness of this thread but some of us here are treatinb CF like a Sacrament. Guys... I think life will move on pretty much the same for these three posters... and for us. If not, then perhaps that's a different problem. I've always enjoyed Charlie's humor and frankness and I have enjoyed all of them not afraid of how others percieve them. CF has a tendency to make us (at least in OBOB and TAW) sound like we are the most pious people on the face of the earth and these people have always reminded me to keep it real (CaDan, you've got a lot of responsibility riding on your shoulders now! lol). But even without that... it's just a forum. Maybe we all need to take a long break to remind ourselves of that. E-mail the few people here we have developped extremely deep relationships with (if any) and leave OBOB for like 1 month. Many of us would probably find that the thing tempting us back to the forums when we try to resist is that same part of our brain that makes it tough to quit smoking.

Global, Shannon, Charlie, God bless you and stay strong (but, cmon.. pop in in a few months, please :))

Joshua

Reactions: Maggie893
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Global Nomad,

:hug: :hug: I pray that you will not leave. Please don't leave. I know that the OBOB can be way too rough and I know that there is so much work that needs to be done to bring the OBOB back on track... and the only way that we can do this is with you and Charlie and Shannon and others...

We are Catholic first and foremost and if we all could reach out to each other with love and without the hurtful stuff... put the agendas aside.. I think we all would find how much we really do love each other and how united we all really are... when it comes to our faith and in being human.

I pray that you will come back... I'll miss you.

Upvote 0

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What little time I've had here this week has been spent in the GT thread getting the bird from other Orthodox for defending the Pope:) so it was with sadness that, returning to the haven that is OBOB, I found Globalnomad's post, and read Cosmic's and Shannon's.

I saw no attempt at emotional manipulation, just a sadness at the tone taken at times here; spending so much time on GT, I'm fairly thick-skinned, not least since much of my time there seems to be spent refuting attackes on the Catholic Church, but I would have to say that some of the tone on the other thread she mentions was worrying.

Of course abortion is wrong; of course murder is wrong. Scale does not come into it - every taking of a human life is a tragedy. If we defend life, we do it in all its manifestations. We did not give life to abortion doctors; we cannot take it or condone that.

I have appreciated Globalnomad's contributions and shall miss her; may His blessings be with her.

peace.

Anglian

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.