for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is nothing new. I moved from central Texas to the panhandle over a year ago and it was hot and heavy (all the town hall meetings and protests) WAY before then.

This is a case of the government thwarting the will of the people and it's disgusting. This has NEVER had support in Texas and likely will NEVER have support, but lawmakers pandering will cause it to pass, we will be even more overrun by crime and then we'll have to deal with the consequences. I just pray that they avoid coming close to where I live now with that stupid highway. (BTW I'll also NEVER pay to ride on it, even if I have to go 100 miles out of my way)

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The NAFTA highway is speculation at this point. Right now, this is for Texas only, and would take around 50 years to finish building TTC-35 and TTC-69.

Of course it's par for the course with the republicans of this state. Texas is a perfect example of why no state should be solidly red or blue. The people keep electing these rats because they think the other guy will be worse, all the while forgetting that the guy they keep voting for has done most everything that people are afaid the other guy is going to do.

Higher taxes, bigger government, selling off the state peice by peice, lousy education, rampant corruption, wasteful spending, more intrusive laws, inadequate roads, nothing done on the border, this TTC scam that no one in this state wants but it being forced on us anyway. These are the problems Texans face because most of them are too dumb to wake up and smell the crap that's been fed to them for decades.
Texas Republicans are like the National ones?
Means it will take even longer to get the whole party back on track.

How do you think the existing highway system got there in the first place? And besides, eminent domain requires the property owner to be compensated for the lost property.

Property owner gets "compensated" with what ever the
goverment wants to pa for it.

I am not against it for the land stealing, but for the job stealing that will follow the road.
The one thing stopping industry from moving to Mexico is the poor roads(sometimes its cheaper to build a road to the USA then to stay in the USA, but thats another thread) With a good road, the Perot hissing sound will be jobs going south, and they won't be back in the summer.
I don't agree with a foriegn controlled road way in the USA. The transAmerican highway won't divide the country, but put another route to build businesses on.
More gas stations, more hotels, more tourist traps, etc.
There will be over passes, underpasses, bridges, and tunnels, just like any other road. And the road won't bulldoze over other roads, they will have to work with the other roads. Some minor roads might have to be rerouted, or just deadended, but traffic planners will have to work out the main avenues.

I don't support the Nafta expressway, but it won't divide the country.

Upvote 0