ModCon

Jun 9, 2009
Ohio
✟7,816.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They abandoned the mall attack plans after their weapons contact said he could find only handguns, not automatic weapons, authorities said.
Someone with training wouldn't need fully automatic weapons.
Automatic weapons waste alot of ammo, with little effect.

I am glad he didn't get the training he wanted. Lone activists are the hardest to find. With every person that enters the gang, the chances of being found out, go up drastically.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Someone with training wouldn't need fully automatic weapons.
Automatic weapons waste alot of ammo, with little effect.
A major effect is terror which is, after all, the goal.

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I read a book about a Moroccan who trained at the Kaldon camp in Afghanistan. It very much resembles special forces training but in many cases without proper equipment. The first day they ran for 4 hours barefoot through the snow covered mountains. Most of the reading material they had was American manuals on everything from kidnapping to handling nuclear weapons. They had to learn the backstory of each weapon before they were allowed to even touch it and their AK was their "girlfriend", never leaving their side.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Causing terror isn't that hard. Wanna cause terror, just walk into a packed mall's food court while everyone's eating, and set off a vest made of dynamite. The death toll is gonna be possibly in the hundreds.
I guess most people feel the suicide part would take the "fun" out of fundamentalist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If these clowns were able to get in touch with terror training camps I can't help but wonder why they haven't already been identified and destroyed.

If they weren't idiots they would have just joined the Army or Marines and recieved thier training that way. I suspect they wanted to belong to the movement that was "defending Islam" more than they wanted to actually commit acts of violence. Like you said violence is easy... ways in which one could kill hundreds doesn't really require a lot of thought.

Causing terror isn't that hard. Wanna cause terror, just walk into a packed mall's food court while everyone's eating, and set off a vest made of dynamite. The death toll is gonna be possibly in the hundreds.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
I suspect they wanted to belong to the movement that was "defending Islam" more than they wanted to actually commit acts of violence.

Sadly, not only do some Muslims ascribe to this idea, but a large number of non-Muslims believe this is true Islam.

Upvote 0

ThankGodforGod

Jul 17, 2009
✟9,281.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I am sure you know more about explosives than I do and I know I personally could build an IED and remote detonator for about $100 that could cause a major amount of terror on the highway.

I think malls, IEDs/VBIED and food/water supplies is where we are most vulnerable.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sadly, not only do some Muslims ascribe to this idea, but a large number of non-Muslims believe this is true Islam.

Who doesn't want to be the lone hero defending the one true faith against the evil hoards. It's a seductive scenario.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums