✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm glad nobody was killed.

In light of this awful incident I will be arguing for a complete ban on all US immigrants coming to the UK. There's no way we can be 100% sure of their intentions.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

In light of this awful incident I will be arguing for a complete ban on all US immigrants coming to the UK. There's no way we can be 100% sure of their intentions.
I cannot determine if you are being serious here or not?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes I'm sure the five or six US citizens clamoring to emigrate to the UK should be rejected because after all these particular scumball terrorist US citizens are somewhat incompetent assassins. The UK should continue to welcome only those from countries where the scumball terrorist assassins actually succeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Yes I'm sure the five or six US citizens clamoring to emigrate to the UK should be rejected
There are around 50,000 UK visa applications from North America every year. data

because after all these particular scumball terrorist US citizens are somewhat incompetent assassins.
I'm concerned about intent as much as efficacy.

The UK should continue to welcome only those from countries where the scumball terrorist assassins actually succeed.
Does that translate to 'The UK should assist people fleeing the same terrorism that we're fighting'?

In case you're confused, I am not genuinely suggesting we prevent Americans coming here. I am merely satirising the idea of judging a large group of people by their worst representatives.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are around 50,000 UK visa applications from North America every year. data

Does that translate to 'The UK should assist people fleeing the same terrorism that we're fighting'?

In case you're confused, I am not genuinely suggesting we prevent Americans coming here. I am merely satirising the idea of judging a large group of people by their worst representatives.
thank you I was actually was wondering that.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And of course everyone asking for a visa wants to permanently move to the country.

That tends to be a bad idea. Give me efficacy every time. Intend in one hand and do in the other and see which one fills up first. Intending to do good but ending up with incompetence is often what happens with government programs.

No, it is English and, for the moment anyway, ought not need to be translated for a citizen of the UK.

Wull, what a serprise I sure am easy to con fuhse ain't I. All this time I thought you was auntie Merican when all you wus being wus satirical like . Hoo ooh wee! An who would a thought you only wanted to tell me not to believe in any of them stereotyers with your fancy satirizationals ? well I'm a changed man I has seen the light. No more stereotypin fer me.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And of course everyone asking for a visa wants to permanently move to the country.
WEll, looking at the numbers, there were 7,814 Tier 2 and 24,273 Tier 5 work visa applications via sponsorship alone from North America in 2014. My understanding is those are the types of visa applications that indicate an intent to stay in the country for a long time. According to this document, https://data.gov.uk/dataset/immigra...resource/0cbe4aba-4216-4ccd-8add-5c8d780224f7 there were 4170 people from north america that were granted UK citizenship in 2013.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WEll, looking at the numbers, there were 7,814 Tier 2 and 24,273 Tier 5 work visa applications via sponsorship alone from North America in 2014. My understanding is those are the types of visa applications that indicate an intent to stay in the country for a long time. According to this document, https://data.gov.uk/dataset/immigra...resource/0cbe4aba-4216-4ccd-8add-5c8d780224f7 there were 4170 people from north america that were granted UK citizenship in 2013.

Again all North Americans are US citizens right? If you all are so keen to prove that there are more than 5 US citizens clamoring to emigrate to the UK , I'm sure you can find that statistic somewhere. Y'all aren't looking hard enough. Maybe I should have claimed 3 or less citizens to make it easier to debunk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again all North Americans are US citizens right? If you all are so keen to prove that there are more than 5 Us citizens clamoring to emigrate to the UK I"m sure you can find that statistic somewhere. Y'all aren't looking hard enough. Maybe I should have claimed 3 or less citizens to make it easier to debunk.
I'm just going by what the UK releases in public numbers. According to wikipedia, if you break the population down by country of origin, the US is the 6th largest group of foreign born residents with 217,000 in 2012. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom) that doesn't include just include citizens though. Canada is the next largest foreign born resident population from North America. So I think it's a safe bet that Americans make up the largest group of the numbers I posted in my previous post.

ETA: Ah, here we go, the UK granted citizenship to 2591 US citizens in 2011. (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...data/file/148368/citizenship-q1-2012-tabs.xls)

ETA 2: And in the previous document I listed, there were 3,350 and 3,119 US citizens that were naturalized as UK citizens in 2012 and 2013 respectively.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
upload_2015-11-25_11-8-58.png

A chart on US citizens granted UK citizenship since 1990 with trendline.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Back on topic, is there any update on this story? Have they caught these folks? Do they know who they are? Do we know if they are really White supremecists or Trump supporters, as has been claimed?

Upvote 0