Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,
Ive been in complete terror for months. Ive been having revelations. I was born again and instead of going for discipleship i put my money and house, adultery and drugs ahead of God and went home thinking... i got this.
I put money and pride ahead of God and i now believe i rejected the last attempt of the HS. I believe I was put under a dillusion believing i could go on sinning. I was calling good evil and evil good. This ultimately led me to say speaking in tongues was of the devil.
All i can think of is im going to hell. I cant believe i threw away a great salvation. and for those wondering... this is the mark of the beast. Is there any hope in hell for me? Im terrorized and holding on by a thread. My mom even heard my grandpa crying in heaven. Im scared and want Jesus. I even had to go to the psych ward. Help me Jesus i know the end is near.

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why are you still living with your mother?

Is it me, or is there a preponderance of males on forums still living with their mother, and psychologically dependent on their mothers.

Do you think im joking? Did i say i live with my mom? Im serious

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just think part of your problem might be rooted in mother issues. I am being serious.

Do you live with your mother?

Yes because I blew all my money on drugs. I was led to bible scripture about falling away hebrews 6 and blasphemy of the HS. Im serious though about whats troubling me.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't feel that faith and belief in Jesus is enough for your redemption?

What else is bothering you?

I believe i threw away my salvation and committed the unpardonable sin. If the HS was with me shouldn't i have peace? I feel like i was given over to a reprobate mind

• Agree
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

AphroditeGoneAwry

Dec 2, 2012
Montana
Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe i threw away my salvation and committed the unpardonable sin. If the HS was with me shouldn't i have peace? I feel like i was given over to a reprobate mind

I have long believed that Jesus is speaking to those who currently blaspheme the Holy Spirit, not those who are contrite and seek true forgiveness for it. Also Paul makes it clear that once you are born-again, all sins, even blasphemy, is forgiven.

Jesus says here: "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him..." ~Matthew 12:32

So, if you live your current moment, your current life, in the present tense, blaspheming God's Holy Spirit, you will not be automatically forgiven.

But Paul states that "though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief..." ~1 Timothy 1:13

If someone is walking around blaspheming the Holy Spirit, they will not be forgiven. But once you become born-again and you stop blaspheming the spirit, you will be forgiven.

Even if you were born-again, you were probably not completely born-again since you fell away from Jesus and God. You can become born-again and begin walking in the Spirit.

Reactions: Adam113
Upvote 0

2KnowHim

Dying to Live
Feb 18, 2007
✟9,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam, I will say that those who are truly born from above does not go back and do the things that you did.
For The Love of God constrains them, they are bound so to speak out of that Love.
I would suggest that you were never truly born again. You may have had an experience with The Lord, but it was not what you think. Therefore, "the unpardonable sin" that you are concerned about, is not.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Many think this is something to be done over and over again, I do not. Why? because....how many times can "All unrighteousness" be cleansed? Once, that's all one needs.

Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
Ive been in complete terror for months. Ive been having revelations. I was born again and instead of going for discipleship i put my money and house, adultery and drugs ahead of God and went home thinking... i got this.
I put money and pride ahead of God and i now believe i rejected the last attempt of the HS. I believe I was put under a dillusion believing i could go on sinning. I was calling good evil and evil good. This ultimately led me to say speaking in tongues was of the devil.
All i can think of is im going to hell. I cant believe i threw away a great salvation. and for those wondering... this is the mark of the beast. Is there any hope in hell for me? Im terrorized and holding on by a thread. My mom even heard my grandpa crying in heaven. Im scared and want Jesus. I even had to go to the psych ward. Help me Jesus i know the end is near.

2 Peter 3:9
9The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Adam, I will say that those who are truly born from above does not go back and do the things that you did.
For The Love of God constrains them, they are bound so to speak out of that Love.
I would suggest that you were never truly born again. You may have had an experience with The Lord, but it was not what you think. Therefore, "the unpardonable sin" that you are concerned about, is not.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Many think this is something to be done over and over again, I do not. Why? because....how many times can "All unrighteousness" be cleansed? Once, that's all one needs.

Heb 9:25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I had a deliverance dine and thought I had the HS and fell away. I didnt want to give it all to Christ. I never confessed my sins however. If i confess my sins to another Christian is there still hope?

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And besides all that where in scripture do you believe that there is such a thing as "unpardonable sin"?

Dont know the verse but its when the Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of satan. It was the hardness of their hearts. I feel God hardened my heart.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had a deliverance dine and thought I had the HS and fell away. I didnt want to give it all to Christ. I never confessed my sins however. If i confess my sins to another Christian is there still hope?

Of course. It would be better if you were Catholic. Jesus gave the apostles and the Church the authority to forgive sin.

The Sacrament of Confession is powerful and it is hard to describe how wonderful it feels when you leave confession. You are free!

John 20
21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course. It would be better if you were Catholic. Jesus gave the apostles and the Church the authority to forgive sin.

The Sacrament of Confession is powerful and it is hard to describe how wonderful it feels when you leave confession. You are free!

John 20
21Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”22And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.23If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

I grew up Catholic and actually just called a priest to meet so I can confess and talk.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

*How can I be saved? What do I need to do?
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”
(Acts 16:31).
God has already done all of the work.
All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16).

God is offering you salvation as a gift.
All you have to do is accept it.
Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

Upvote 0

Adam113

Jan 8, 2016
USA
✟15,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
*How can I be saved? What do I need to do?
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved”
(Acts 16:31).
God has already done all of the work.
All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16).

God is offering you salvation as a gift.
All you have to do is accept it.
Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

Agreed but didnt i have to finish the race without going back?

Upvote 0