Tehran Iran releasing American pastor Saeed Abedini and 4 others!

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
As expected I'm sure. Praise God they're to be free.
The blessing that came out of Pastor Saeed's incarceration is that while in custody he reportedly, per letters to his wife, led many Muslims that were also in the prison to Christ.

That would be a really dumb thing to put in his letters. Is he trying to get them killed?

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The enemy of God will be enraged to learn of this. Isn't that marvelous?
loveshower.gif

Wife: Saeed Has Led 30 to Christ in Iran Prison = CBN World Article of the speech below.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bragging about it this way may get them to eternal life a lot sooner.
How tragic for you to be of that heart and mind. It must be a terrible existence to see Pastor Saeed's belief and choice during his incarceration by this evil power as something other than an opportunity God afforded him in bringing hearts to Christ.

Fortunately, Pastor Saeed has afforded over thirty souls the opportunity to achieve salvation and they received it by their choice. And now they shall live as they are this day filled with the light and love of God in Christ. And God willing shall one day be free so as to bring the truth of God in Christ to other Muslims and anyone else who is thirsty for the truth.

May God call you to salvation if it is his will.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And with this agreement Iran gets billions of dollars back that were formerly frozen in foreign accounts by the UN.

Actually, that has to do with them massively scaling down their nuclear capabilities and essentially putting a halt on their ability to build an atom bomb for the time being. The hostages were not a part of that deal, although it most likely paved the way for this round of negotiations.

All in all, this is a good thing. A sign of really strong diplomacy from the Obama administration. :)

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Along with a pinch of capital letters, a dash of exclamation, a sprinkling of scare quotes, and a hearty sauce of insinuation. It's almost a meal unto itself.
th

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
How tragic for you to be of that heart and mind.

I'm speaking as someone who knows Iran and what can happen to someone who is accused of apostasy.

Fortunately, Pastor Saeed has afforded over thirty souls the opportunity to achieve salvation and they received it by their choice.

I'm not criticizing him for converting those people, I am criticizing him for advertising that fact, (if indeed it is a fact) thereby endangering their lives. I find that unconscionable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm speaking as someone who knows Iran and what can happen to someone who is accused of apostasy.
We know what Iran does to people accused of Apostasy. This is why Pastor Saeed Abedini was incarcerated in the first place.

I'm not criticizing him for converting those people, I am criticizing him for advertising that fact, (if indeed it is a fact)
So you condemn his "advertising" which isn't at all true, and in the same breath question his word through the letters to his wife and in essence imply he could be lying.

thereby endangering their lives. I find that unconscionable.
To clear things up for you, the Pastor isn't advertising anything.
Pastor Saeed's wife shared his remarks that he put in his letters. And if you did know anything about the Iran prison system where he was being held you would have known that his letters were read before they were delivered.
Your hostility is unconscionable. Not something that is a characteristic of Bahai.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some people apparently cannot just praise the Lord for a blessing. Instead, they have to criticize it - "it's about time, he never should have been imprisoned, this is bad for 'Murika, Iran gets the better deal, etc. etc. blah blah blah..."

As for me, I thank and praise the Lord that He has provided freedom to one of His Servants!!!

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
We know what Iran does to people accused of Apostasy. This is why Pastor Saeed Abedini was incarcerated in the first place.
So you condemn his "advertising" which isn't at all true, and in the same breath question his word through the letters to his wife and in essence imply he could be lying.

Knowing how prisons in Iran operate when it comes to dealing with prisoners of conscience, especially the notorious Evin prison, it seems unlikely to me he would even have contact with thirty people. Usually they are kept in solitary confinement. So yes, I think he could be lying. But if he had converted thirty people to Christianity and told his wife about it in letters that were surely read by the authorities, do you realize how easy it would be to identify those people?

Pastor Saeed's wife shared his remarks that he put in his letters.

Think for a minute. Do you really think that the Iranian government lets prisoners send out letters without reading them first? Even we don't do that!

And if you did know anything about the Iran prison system where he was being held you would have known that his letters were read before they were delivered.

That's exactly my point! He is announcing to the authorities that he got 30 Muslims within the prison to apostatize! If that is true, do you think the prison authorities wouldn't be able to identify who those are?

Your hostility is unconscionable. Not something that is a characteristic of Bahai.

I bear him no personal hostility, I just think endangering 30 people's lives this way is wrong and I'm not sure why you approve of it.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some people apparently cannot just praise the Lord for a blessing. Instead, they have to criticize it - "it's about time, he never should have been imprisoned, this is bad for 'Murika, Iran gets the better deal, etc. etc. blah blah blah..."

As for me, I thank and praise the Lord that He has provided freedom to one of His Servants!!!
Amen!
We must forgive those who are hostile to the truth of God in Christ. It is that which prevents them from consciously knowing this is a blessing because they do not know what a blessing is in order to recognize it.

Hold Pastor Saeed Abedini and his family and all who are now free of the confines in Iran in prayer. Those are who matter here. :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In my experience, most of the Baha'is I've known have exhibited a lot of passive aggressive hostility.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Some "online", most "in real life".

I've known Bahai in personal one on one relationships and they were gloriously happy and peaceful people.

I've encountered those on forums who claim they are Bahai and not one can be compared to those others.

The passive-aggressive one's were always the on-line variety and it wasn't hard to tell they had no clue as to what it meant to be Bahai.

I suspected they were posers and especially when they'd attack those who were Jewish or Christian personally. Or, they'd make nasty remarks about those faiths in their posts. It didn't take long to realize they'd never read a single writing of Bahá'u'lláh.

“O ye that dwell on earth! The religion of God is for love and unity; make it not the cause of enmity or dissension.”
Bahá'u'lláh

“All peoples and nations are of one family, the children of one Father, and should be to one another as brothers and sisters.” Bahá'u'lláh

Upvote 0