Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I assume it's a reflection of God's decision to repent of His creation right before the Flood; He creates teeth, and then uncreates them. How privileged we are to see this behavior which is certainly metaphysical in origin, not the result of creatures that evolved from a line that had teeth but don't need them anymore.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by ardipithecus
A simple question for the creationists is why is it that several types of animals (like certain whales) do teeth form during development that never cut through the gums and which are reabsorbed never beeing used?

Don't worry. I'll bet these animals will eventually evolve a use for these teeth.

That's been my experience, anyway.

For example, we humans didn't need our tonsils until relatively recently, which is why doctors routinely removed them.

Then all of a sudden tonsils evolved into part of the lymphatic system of protection against infection.

Evolution is great, isn't it? Thanks to evolution, useless features become vital practically overnight.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by npetreley

Don't worry. I'll bet these animals will eventually evolve a use for these teeth.

That's been my experience, anyway.

For example, we humans didn't need our tonsils until relatively recently, which is why doctors routinely removed them.

Then all of a sudden tonsils evolved into part of the lymphatic system of protection against infection.

Evolution is great, isn't it? Thanks to evolution, useless features become vital practically overnight.

I honestly can't tell whether you're joking or not.

Tonsils did not "evolve" a functionality; they had that functionality for a long time, but doctors weren't aware of what it would be.

Either way, this shows a deep and abiding misunderstanding of how evolution works, whether it's a joke or a serious claim.

Upvote 0