Columbus, OH
✟1,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably because they've been called the 'liberal media' so much that they don't actually report any real news any more for fear of upsetting conservatives.

I mean, if they reported what was going on in the world, they might make the administration look bad.

Reactions: the Colonel
Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I'm surprised Amanpour made those comments. I used to think she had integrity instead of the same old tired attitude that says we have to do what the neighbors are doing. I think if CNN and others gave us more real news we would be more educated as a nation and not addicted to trash.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...than CNN would stop trying to emulate the FOX Network's mix of info-tainment, propaganda, and opinions packaged as "news", and start reporting REAL news.

What I wouldn't give for real, honest-to-God NEWS which was free of propaganda, opinions, and talking points!

CNN could even promote it as, "News for Grown-Ups"! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ted Turner Tells CNN to Quit Focusing on Perverts

Yeah, I just had to turn off Larry King for that reason. Woodward and Bernstein. Again.

CNN has been in a precipitous decline since the Golden Years when Eason Jordan* ran the news division a couple months ago. But it all started when that man for news, Rick Kaplan * was dumped.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have largely given up on tv news. When I watch it it's usually more because there is nothing else on or its entertaining. Print media and now internet media is more in depth and allows the reader to choose the subject. TV news is too dumbed down and sensationalized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As usual, the Associated Press does not report the entire story. Ted Turner also had this to say:

"You know, I got the idea to go global from Fidel Castro. The signal spilled into Cuba and he heard about it -- and he's pretty intelligent -- and he bought a satellite dish or got one somehow, and started watching the news and he said it was incredibly important. When I met him in '82, he said, 'Ted, the whole world needs CNN.' He said, 'I use it all the time and it's very important to me.' So I said, 'Well if Castro needs it, certainly the capitalists around the world could use it, and perhaps some other communists, too."*

Upvote 0