Team SuperJews to the Rescue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Child-of-Zion

Wow that's random! Reminds me of a shirt I saw when I lived in Jerusalem last summer:
stuff.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x7/cleetusthefetus/stuff.jpg

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
:scratch: Is this thread for the purpose of "making fun of" or what? I see it as a fun way for kids (young and old) to become informed on issues and be encouraged to participate in their local Jewish Federation. I see it as not really all that much different from Veggie Tales, Bible Man, and a host of others that are part of the christian community. Jewish Federations tend to focus on reaching out to their communities.

Here is what I found when I clicked on about:
UJC FEDERATIONS:
United Jewish Communities (UJC) represents and serves 157 Jewish federations and 400 independent communities across North America. UJC plants the seeds for Jewish renaissance and renewal; ensures the Jewish community never waivers on its commitment to provide human services and to advocate for just social policy; and works to continuously strengthen the North American Jewish community's link to Israel and the worldwide Jewish family.

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with everything about it but I don't quite get what is so "shocking"
icon_eek.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:scratch: Is this thread for the purpose of "making fun of" or what? I see it as a fun way for kids (young and old) to become informed on issues and be encouraged to participate in their local Jewish Federation. I see it as not really all that much different from Veggie Tales, Bible Man, and a host of others that are part of the christian community. Jewish Federations tend to focus on reaching out to their communities.

UJC FEDERATIONS:
United Jewish Communities (UJC) represents and serves 157 Jewish federations and 400 independent communities across North America. UJC plants the seeds for Jewish renaissance and renewal; ensures the Jewish community never waivers on its commitment to provide human services and to advocate for just social policy; and works to continuously strengthen the North American Jewish community's link to Israel and the worldwide Jewish family.

I'm not saying I'm agreeing with everything about it but I don't quite get what is so "shocking"
icon_eek.gif

I haven't seen anyone making fun at it, least of all me. Last night I was reading articles on the Jerusalem Post website, when I ran across one which was about the SuperJews. After reading it, I just had to go see the website for myself, which I found to be very different and amusing, and that is also why I shared it.

I posted this as a point of interest and not as a point of criticism. If you understood the respect I have for the Jews and how much I enjoy learning about their customs and reading about their feasts, you would also understand where I'm coming from.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

UJC FEDERATIONS:

icon_eek.gif

No on the contrary, I like the sentiment behind the site and judging on my little one's response when I explained to her the significance of each team, I commend it.

No shock here. :scratch:

So........SP are you going to be Eternal Light or do I have to fight you for Beth L? ;) I'm afraid Queen Kabbalah is taken by my 6 yr old, no negotiation, alas. :)

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I haven't seen anyone making fun at it, least of all me. Last night I was reading articles on the Jerusalem Post website, when I ran across one which was about the SuperJews. After reading it, I just had to go see the website for myself, which I found to be very different and amusing, and that is also why I shared it.

I posted this as a point of interest and not as a point of criticism. If you understood the respect I have for the Jews and how much I enjoy learning about their customs and reading about their feasts, you would also understand where I'm coming from.
Sorry,
blush.gif
I was not meaning to sound accusing it was just the "now I've seen everything", and "I'm speechless", and such. I was not sure if people were thinking it was out of bounds or what.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No on the contrary, I like the sentiment behind the site and judging on my little one's response when I explained to her the significance of each team, I commend it.

No shock here. :scratch:

So........SP are you going to be Eternal Light or do I have to fight you for Beth L? ;) I'm afraid Queen Kabbalah is taken by my 6 yr old, no negotiation, alas. :)

Well, my fave color is green so I'll be Eternal Light :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, my fave color is green so I'll be Eternal Light :)
:clap: Yay! Us girls have got it covered! :thumbsup:

I just told HRH that you're going to be eternal light and she paused, went all wide eyed and then turned swishing her invisible cape to run around my living room :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry,
blush.gif
I was not meaning to sound accusing it was just the "now I've seen everything", and "I'm speechless", and such. I was not sure if people were thinking it was out of bounds or what.

My little "Now I've seen everything..." is really a partial saying of mine. It goes "Now I've seen everything...and can die happy." (in jest, of course)

I guess I just forgot that you people don't have that kind of info about me to complete the thought. :sorry:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.