New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Teach Us To Number Our Days

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
PSALM 90:12

Every year at about this time I think a little more seriously about a topic that interests everyone but concerns only those who have reached a certain age plateaus. The topic is "getting older." The reason I think about it at this time of year is that I celebrate another year of life during June.

The interesting thing about this aging process is that each of us faces the same inescapable prospect, yet we all handle it differently. It all depends on our perspective.

Our lifetime passes quickly, as the writer of Psalm 90 pointed out so bluntly. Because that is true, we need the kind of attitude poet Robert Browning displayed when he wrote, "Grow old along with me! The best is
yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made." Life is cumulative, Browning was saying, and each of our days is a foundation for tomorrow.

For us to use those days properly, we need to develop a positive outlook on the passage of time. In Psalm 90, we learn that a correct view of life includes a search for wisdom, a dependence on God's mercy and a request for God's favor. As we maintain this perspective, we will enjoy the passage of time.

WHAT YOU WILL BE TOMORROW
DEPENDS ON THE CHOICES YOU MAKE TODAY

NOTE: We cannot stop time from passing. But we can make the most of the time we do have here on this earth. The days of our lives are counted, but only the Lord knows the day we will leave this earth.

Sadly, because we think we have all of the time in the world, we often leave the most important matters for later. The Bible never promises tomorrow, we may not be here tomorrow. Today is the day we have. We
should use it wisely, live it well and seek God's wisdom and guidance.

Do you know Jesus as your Savior??? If you do, you are enjoying the fellowship with God. If you don't, ask God to come into your heart today, forgive you and guide your life. Don't delay, you may be running out of time.

Think About it!!
Author Unknown
Submitted by Richard