AlexBP

Apr 20, 2010
Virginia
✟10,340.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
For me, the answer is that everything changed. Completely. The person that I was before I met Jesus is completely different from the person that I am today and the difference is so large that it's tough for me to understand how I lived that previous life for so long.

Ultimately, though, the biggest change is simply my attitude towards other people. In my old life I was almost a total loner. I intensely disliked being around other people and avoided them whenever I could. I particularly steered clear of parties and any other situations where there were big crowds because I simply was unable to mesh with a group of people who were having fun like that. Nowadays I am much more a people person; perhaps I'm not quite what you'd call a social butterfly, but I at least have a normal social life.

The second biggest change would be dealing with anger. In my old life I was an extremely angry person. I was furious for a large percentage of my waking life and when something bad happened I would spend months stewing about it and fantasizing about the sorts of revenge I would like to take. Nowadays that's mostly evaporated. I can't say that I never get angry, but it's certainly much less than what it used to be.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For me, the answer is that everything changed. Completely. The person that I was before I met Jesus is completely different from the person that I am today and the difference is so large that it's tough for me to understand how I lived that previous life for so long.

Ultimately, though, the biggest change is simply my attitude towards other people. In my old life I was almost a total loner. I intensely disliked being around other people and avoided them whenever I could. I particularly steered clear of parties and any other situations where there were big crowds because I simply was unable to mesh with a group of people who were having fun like that. Nowadays I am much more a people person; perhaps I'm not quite what you'd call a social butterfly, but I at least have a normal social life.

The second biggest change would be dealing with anger. In my old life I was an extremely angry person. I was furious for a large percentage of my waking life and when something bad happened I would spend months stewing about it and fantasizing about the sorts of revenge I would like to take. Nowadays that's mostly evaporated. I can't say that I never get angry, but it's certainly much less than what it used to be.

God bless you, I can testify to those changes myself. When I saw my sin for what it was for the very first time I was struck to the heart, I could not believe that I lived that way and used to be such an angry aggressive person.

Now im as gentle as I know how to be and for the first time ever I can turn the other cheek. Its all because of you Jesus, all because of you! :bow:

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I used to be quite introverted and shy, Christ liberated me and I am now a bold professor of Love. Also I was consumed by lust before - mostly inclined toward men in thought and fantasy but not really impressed by the real thing.. I also held grudges toward women because I couldn't identify with the differences. That is changing more and more and more with each thought and day and it was a miraculous conversion that I didn't expect to happen nor did I even hope for. Another thing I noticed is that I can't feel dislike toward everything and wherever I go I see joy in others - in a way I think my conversion extinguished evil in the world around me. It is as though Christ's spirit invokes peace in every direction I look! I think when you hand your life to Christ your whole world becomes alive. The only downside I perceive is the patience required while I wait for Jesus to return, but that isn't negative because I see the meantime like a playground where I can gain pleasure by going about the Father's business and sharing the gifts I have been given.

Upvote 0