Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
What does the Church say about tapioca, that is what I want to know -- just kidding. ;):D

Are you speaking about tapioca as a thickening agent or in pudding? :clap:
The little tapioca pearls in pudding and elsewhere. I like them in pudding, and in regular teas and milk-teas/smoothies. :yum:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't mind the flavor. It's the texture of the stuff that gets to me. Yeeuck! It looks way too close to my snail's eggs in my aquarium.
9.gif

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
hmm I'm not really a fan of the tapioca pearl things.. whenever I have bubble tea ;) I get it with the jellies instead :)

do any of you like bubble tea too? lol
at those "QQ tea-shops" etc.
it's popular among my friends here although only one of us is Asian lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
mmmmm Buble tea is so good, I just get the black tea w/ honey or green tea w/ honey
my mom uses tapioca in her blackberry pie to thicken it and she makes good tapioca pudding, although one time she did not have enough milk, and you could cut it in slices and it held its shape me and my Dad were "yum slices of pudding"... mom did not think that was funny

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
mmmmm Buble tea is so good, I just get the black tea w/ honey or green tea w/ honey
my mom uses tapioca in her blackberry pie to thicken it and she makes good tapioca pudding, although one time she did not have enough milk, and you could cut it in slices and it held its shape me and my Dad were "yum slices of pudding"... mom did not think that was funny

mmm blackberry pie :D that sounds really good lol.

"slices of pudding"^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You know about bubble tea? I love it. Used to get it all the time during work. Here I just thought it was an Ann Arbor yuppie collage town thing. He He.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tapioca is a flavorless, colorless, odorless starch extracted from the root of the plant species Manihot esculenta. This species, native to South America, is now cultivated worldwide and has many names, including cassava, bitter-cassava, manioc, "mandioca", "aipim", "macaxeira", "manioca", "boba", "yuca" (not to be confused with yucca) and "kappa" in the state of Kerala in India. Tapioca is a staple food in some regions and is used worldwide as a thickening agent, principally in foods. Tapioca is gluten free, and nearly protein free. The commercial form of tapioca most familiar to many people is pearl tapioca.

Tapioca pudding (also known as sago pudding) is a sweet pudding made with tapioca and, usually, milk. It is made in many cultures, in many styles. Its consistency ranges from thin (runny), to thick, to firm enough to eat with a fork. Like its close relation bubble tea, very thin tapioca pudding resembles an emulsion.

The pudding can be made from scratch using tapioca in a variety of forms: flakes, coarse meal, sticks, and pearls. Many commercial packaged mixes are available also. Uncooked, tapioca pearls resemble pellets of styrofoam; cooked, they resemble fish eggs.

:angel:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yum, especially large pearl tapioca:yum::yum:

I bought a case of large pearl on Amazon about two years ago. A deal too good to resist. Trouble is it takes a while to make the non pre-cooked kind and after the first batch....well the other 11 packages are sitting in the pantry. Doesn't spoil however I guess so someday...

These are very big and somewhat rubbery pearls and if I had it to do again (which I won't until the year 2030 the way I'm going now) I would have selected the small pearls.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
isabella
You know about bubble tea? I love it. Used to get it all the time during work. Here I just thought it was an Ann Arbor yuppie collage town thing. He He.
I live in Columbus when I am not away at school, there is a buble tea place up near OSU campus

Reactions: isabella1
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.