Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟758,532.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Right -- until someone would ask how Adam was able to get married and have children, if he was just created that day.

Then that "nonsense" you called it would suddenly become a salient point against Genesis 1, wouldn't it?

After all, without that "science can take a hike / embedded age nonsense," we'd be vulnerable to everything from science's y-Adam to we being star dust.
That's basing an argument with the assumption that Adam even existed. Which I highly doubt.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is well in the spirit of this discussion since you claim that age can be acquired embedded sans the passage of time
Is there anyone who does not know that age can be put in something, without time passing ?
Thousand of antiques, for example, have been made to look old, when they might be manufactured only a year ago. And that's simply by a man, not by the Creator of the Whole Universe...

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to every man who asketh you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
You probably don't want all of God's Word ....
God Says who not to give an answer to, and different ways to answer different people.

Jesus did not always give an answer to those who questioned Him.
And Jesus is Always Perfect.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is there anyone who does not know that age can be put in something, without time passing ?
Thousand of antiques, for example, have been made to look old, when they might be manufactured only a year ago. And that's simply by a man, not by the Creator of the Whole Universe...

Have you seen my canoe challenge thread?

I cut down a 1000-year-old tree, hollow it out and make a canoe out of it; all in a day's time.

How old is the canoe when I'm finished?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,954.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You probably don't want all of God's Word ....
What I want or don't want is irrelevant. What matters is what you guys profess and are able to live by yourself.
God Says who not to give an answer to, and different ways to answer different people.
"Every man" isn't hard to understand.
Jesus did not always give an answer to those who questioned Him.
And Jesus is Always Perfect.
Maybe Jesus, being perfect didn't need an guideline. But you guys obviously need it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't care. It verse was aimed at you guys. Or at least, that is what you profess if you sincerely believe that the bible is the infallible inerrant word of god. Let us first see how well you live by that before I start to think about joining the club.
The result so far is quite disappointing.

Some people look far and wide for a single disappointment, then magnify it against the whole family of God.

Reminds me of one person who was told by a Christian that it would be a joy to see her hang from a lamp post.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,954.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Committing fraud. But you forget two things
1) It is fake, while AV1611VET insists that embedded age is real age
2) The real age can often be detected.
It has been pointed out to AV1611VET that he described god as a fraudster. It is highly interesting that you now do exactly the same thing. I hope that you realize that you don't make your god look good by that.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It has been pointed out to AV1611VET that he described god as a fraudster.

Adam was created with a physical age of about 20 or 30, and an existential age of 1 day.

If you think that would make God out to be a fraudster, then that's your opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟242,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But they are not old and they are a lie, manufactured by liars, with the intent to deceive and profit thereby. Not the sort of behaviour I ever associated with God when I followed Christianity. In different words, you cannot put age into something; you either allow a thing to age, leave it recognisably young, or fake it. I doubt it had been faked, it does not look young and there are multiple strands of evidence showing it to be old.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,954.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Adam was created with a physical age of about 20 or 30, and an existential age of 1 day.

If you think that would make God out to be a fraudster, then that's your opinion.
It has been pointed out that we see supernovae remnants that have "never existed"; lava layers of eruptions that would have never happened, Civilizations outside the 6000 year time frame. This has been pointed out to you multiple times. Limiting "embedded age" to only Adam is lying by omission. You know that. Yet you decided knowingly and deliberately to spread a falsehood. That is up to you. But I will not be shy of pointing out that you can only defend your embedded age nonsense and your vision of christianity by omitting substantial information. By committing fraud. You really created a god in your own image.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It has been pointed out that we see supernovae remnants that have "never existed"; lava layers of eruptions that would have never happened, Civilizations outside the 6000 year time frame.

Not during the creation week, you don't.

Anything you see, you see it well after the creation week is long past.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,954.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again you claim that, without any shred of reason to believe it. Was there even an Adam, for starters?
That is the way you guys describe him. Don't blame me for just highlighting that. see also post #362.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,954.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not during the creation week, you don't.

Anything you see, you see it well after the creation week is long past.
Nonsense. Prove that there was a" creation week".
And yes we see plenty of events outside the 6000 years time frame.
we see supernovae remnants that have "never existed"; lava layers of eruptions that would have never happened, Civilizations outside the 6000 year time frame. This has been pointed out to you multiple times.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,914,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nonsense. Prove that there was a "creation week".

I'm not going to waste my time doing that in a thread where the creation week is the default position.

And yes we see plenty of events outside the 6000 years time frame.

Then keep it out of this thread please.

Anything you see, you see well after the creation week in 4004 BC, and is not the subject of this Q&A thread.

Upvote 0