• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug:Sabrina, hey how you doing

:hug:April sounds like you may have found meds that actually help you. sorry your still strugling with food stuff though.

Riana, hiya sorry havent properly said hello yet, hope your doing ok. i agree with April and Criada and hope to see you around here soon.

Sarah huge hugs to you hun :hug:hope your doing ok xx

Hows everyone else doing??

Me, i'm not great no, things arent going too well in majority of areas right now and struggling to manage it all. I'm finding it hard to cope with simple day-to-day things. my meds arent helping at all, i'm not sleeping hardly and i look a complete mess :( unfortuantly juggling was one sport/talent that i was never any good at :'(

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sabrina, sorry I haven't been talking with you on FB... I haven't been on there much lately at all. :hug: How are you doing?? I'll try to catch you on FB soon!!

Katey, I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well. :hug: I wish there was something I could do to help... :( :hug:

Sarah, love, praying for you. Dinonum, how are you doing?? Riana?

I'm... not great. I've recently been realizing just how badly I've been doing with eating, missing about a third of the calories that I need per day, and I'm really scared that my N is going to want me to go back into day treatment. I'm... pretty sure that this is an irrational fear since I'm still eating above starvation diet, but still, it is a little scary to think that it might actually be a good thing for me to go back into more intensive treatment. I'm not going to, though, if I can help it, and anyway, as I said, I'm pretty sure that it's irrational, since I'm not in a lifethreatening situation or anything. Jarrod thinks that I need more intensive treatment that comes from within me, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to do that. I don't know. It just seems so... hard. :| I'm so sick of this.

:hug:s to all.

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug:evryone, how you all doing???

april, how you doing?
Sabrina, sarah everyone else, hope things are going ok xx

its gone a little quiet.

I'm trying to keep going but really struggling at the minute. My CPn is coming out tomorrow along with my community dietician and social worker (which i'm really not looking forward to.) ive sort of ignored them the past week because i didnt wanna talk to them, i got tired of keep running back to them and still not get anywhere. shes bringing my dietician because she worrying that things are starting to get out of control ED wise but wants to try work at it without making a huge thing of it (although right now, anything she does is a huge thing for me!!!) :(

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
hey all,
SOrry I dont have time to comment on all the posts i just read because i am in an internet cafe and my time is almost out.
Just wanted to pop on and say hi and let you know im still alive lol.
still struggling... particularly with feeling lonely atm...
anyways... 15 secs left.
*HUGS*

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone about?? its really quiet in here at min. hope everyones doing ok.

:hug:Bec good to hear from you

:( not great, really struggling with things at the minute. my appointments with CPN n dietician didnt go too well. crisis team arent being helpful and im just not sure what to do.

:hug::hug::hug:April, sarah, everyone else hope your all doing ok xxx

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi folks... haven't been here for a bit.

Katey, sorry it's hard right now, sweetie:hug:
Is there anyone you can talk to? Sorry the crisis team aren't being helpful.. thought that was the point of them! :(

Becky, sorry you're lonely, sweetie. Praying for you :hug:
April, how are you doing?

I'm not great.. missed daycare this week cos I was on a course for work, and am really trying hard to get through the weekend without doing anything stupid. Got a social do tonight which I have to go to, and am getting panicky now...

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
*Steffi makes fresh coffee and hot chocolate for everyone in the room and sits down to catch up with Arnold.

How is everyone doing? What's the best thing that happened today? (I got to see my dog with a citronella colar on...it was the most amazing experience ever :D. She stopped barking :D:D:D:D)

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟788,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've been away from this thread awhile, don't know why.

I have decent days and horrible days as far as my binge eating. tonight I keep eating and eating and eating and never never get full - never satisfied. what is the use of eating supper if you keep having to eat things after supper in the attempt to feel full and you just don't get full?

sorry to barge in, in the middle of others conversations, it's been awhile since I've been here in this thread:|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟788,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
(((((Lady Bug))))))
You're not barging in, it's good to see you. :hug:
Hope you are having a better day today sweetie.
today I am -

last night was weird again in terms of my binge eating:(

haven't seen you on MSN though lately:|

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
*Steffi makes fresh coffee and hot chocolate for everyone in the room and sits down to catch up with Arnold.

How is everyone doing? What's the best thing that happened today? (I got to see my dog with a citronella colar on...it was the most amazing experience ever :D. She stopped barking :D:D:D:D)

Hey Steffi,
Long time no see/speak/talk etc etc lol.
How you going? What are you up to these days?

Best thing that happened today. Was making coffees at work and the duty manager comes up and says i was finished! hehe... i thought there was still like half an hour of my shift left but I guess time flys when your having fun? at work? hmm... lol...

How is everyone else going?

Bec
*hugs for everyone!*

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Hey Steffi,
Long time no see/speak/talk etc etc lol.
How you going? What are you up to these days?

Best thing that happened today. Was making coffees at work and the duty manager comes up and says i was finished! hehe... i thought there was still like half an hour of my shift left but I guess time flys when your having fun? at work? hmm... lol...

How is everyone else going?

Bec
*hugs for everyone!*
Hey Bec :). I'm doing well...I'm still at uni with social work and otherwise working when I can :D. How are you doing? Are you still studying?

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all, sorry I've not been about. I've checked but it never seemed like this thread was updated... guess CF isn't showing me the right stuff all the time, haha. But I'm here now... :)

Steffi, great to see you. How are things going? how much longer do you have in uni? :hug:

Bec, good to hear from you, been wondering what's been going on with you lately. How are you doing?

Sarah, did you end up going into hos? are you feeling better now than you were? :hug:

Lady Bug, good to see you too. How've the past few days been?

Katey, sorry to hear that the crisis team isn't being very helpful. :( That sucks. How are you doing? what are you filling your days with? :hug:

I'm doing okayish. I'm keeping a food log now, per orders of my T, and that's helping me be more honest with myself about how much I'm eating. Been doing alright, I guess, with that, although not great. I'm seeing my T twice a week again, since we decided that that would be best. I've not been doing so great SI-wise, just cut two days ago, although it wasn't awful. Gonna leave a scar, though.

Best thing that happened to me today... ummm... I got my knitting straightened out, after a week of not having the chance to work on it since I don't know how to fix problems. :p The lady at the yarn shop was really nice and funny and glad to help my mum and me with our scarves (since she was the one who taught us, she better be glad to help, haha).

Daniel says hello. :) He was sleeping on my lap a little bit ago. I'm not sure if you all have seen the newer photo of him I put in my profile pic place. Check it out if you have the time... he looks stoned in it but that's just kitty sleepy happy time. :p

:hug:s for all.

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hiya everyone sorry ive been in for bit, ive been at the crisis unit since last monday night/tuesday morning. things came to a very bad point and ended up being rushed to hospital :( id contacted the crisis team over the weekend but not got much help from them, alhough i told them how bad i was feeling and how scary my thoughts were getting and that i was starting to struggle with thoughts of hurting other people which sint me and really scared me. i was really struggling with my psychotic symptoms. i was a mess and feeling really really unstable but did they help.... no. my foster sister had to pretty much much babysit me on the sunday night, even that didnt help i ended up getting up at like 3am getting dressed and trying to get out of her flat (which woke her up.) monday during the day i was really unsettled and by late afternoon i wasnt feeling too with it. but then i went really flat, but seemed okish. i went back to my flat after convincing my sister i would be ok (part of me knew i wouldnt but needed to be on my own) she eventually agreed to me going home but as long as i came back and stayed at hers over night and i wasnt ages, told her needed to get some clothes n stuff. i dont really remeber much about being at my flat i know my sister turned up but i didnt let her in, and ended up ringing the police. they eventually got in and the last thing i remeber then was the paramedics tuning up then being at hospital with police stood in my room. was all a bit mad really. but the psych team in ane were really good was lady i know pretty well and like. we had a good chat and she managed to get me into the crisis unit that night as she agreed that going straight onto the ward wouldnt be helpful. we were going to see how i was over the next few days and take it from there. so ive been at the unit since then, but came home this morning. and crisis are going to come out later on and see how im doing. :(

Its been a hard, tiring week and its drained me so much.

Hows everyone else doing???

:hug::hug::hug:April, Becs, Sarah, Steffie Lady bug.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, Katey, sounds like you have had a bit of a rough time there. :hug: I'm sorry about all of that... it really sucks that the crisis team wasn't more helpful. :( I'm glad that you had your sister there to help you, though, that's good. Do you live on your own? and how are you doing now? :hug: Hopefully a little better, I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I'm doing okayish, still keeping the food log, still plugging away at eating enough and exercising enough (not doing so well with the latter though :|). T appts have been rough, have talked about the sexual abuse in my past and the last appt was pretty rough, urk. Not looking forward to the next appt (next week).

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hey Bec . I'm doing well...I'm still at uni with social work and otherwise working when I can . How are you doing? Are you still studying?
Thats good to hear. YOu will be awesome at social work :). So still enjoying it? and ditto to aprils question, how long do you ahve left?
Im ok... hanging in here lol. doing the best I can which is all anyone can do. Yep, im still studying. In my last semester of Biomedical Science and then im starting a Masters of Occupational Therapy which will take two years.

Hiya everyone sorry ive been in for bit, ive been at the crisis unit since last monday night/tuesday morning. things came to a very bad point and ended up being rushed to hospital
Im sorry things are so hard for you at the moment katey. Did being in the crisis unit help a little bit? How are you feeling now? Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Oh and even more HUGS (which is my specialty):p

Bec, good to hear from you, been wondering what's been going on with you lately. How are you doing?

I'm doing okayish. I'm keeping a food log now, per orders of my T, and that's helping me be more honest with myself about how much I'm eating. Been doing alright, I guess, with that, although not great. I'm seeing my T twice a week again, since we decided that that would be best. I've not been doing so great SI-wise, just cut two days ago, although it wasn't awful. Gonna leave a scar, though.
April, I sorry to here that you are struggling. Do you think it will help seeing your T twice a week again? Ive been thinking about scars alot lately. I hate them because im constantly trying to hide them and it reminds me of so many horrible times... but yet they are probably one of the main things stopping me from SIing more because I do not want any more scars to hide. along with not wanting ppl to know...

Sorry I ahvent been around lately. For one, I have been on holidays with limited access to internet. and as for before then, I didnt want to bother anyone with what was going on in my mindd... Im ok... well, my acting skills are getting fairly good lol... so if im honest with myself and with you im not doing too good i guess... for a number of reasons... that arent very clear to me and i wont bore you with.

Im starting up with a personal trainer this semester... because i have been excercising like crazy and not losing any weight... so im hoping maybe this personal trainer will be able to give me some more insight in the right exercises to do... some more guidance... *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im sorry things are so hard for you at the moment katey. Did being in the crisis unit help a little bit? How are you feeling now? Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Oh and even more HUGS (which is my specialty):p

Sorry I ahvent been around lately. For one, I have been on holidays with limited access to internet. and as for before then, I didnt want to bother anyone with what was going on in my mindd... Im ok... well, my acting skills are getting fairly good lol... so if im honest with myself and with you im not doing too good i guess... for a number of reasons... that arent very clear to me and i wont bore you with.

Im starting up with a personal trainer this semester... because i have been excercising like crazy and not losing any weight... so im hoping maybe this personal trainer will be able to give me some more insight in the right exercises to do... some more guidance... *fingers crossed*

Hey Bec :hug:, good to see you. hope youve had good holiday? and dont worry about borthering us, if you need to get it out and feel safe doing it here then go ahead, if we can well try help, but sumtimes just sharing things is helpful, and your not going to bore us at all hun. Hope you get the guidance you want from personal trainer, theyre good especially if sometimes theres a tendency to maybe over excercise. but i hope they help you in the best possible way.

As for being at the crisis uni, erm it kept me safe so thats i suppose if good thing. Thankyou for the hugs theyr much appreciated. x

Wow, Katey, sounds like you have had a bit of a rough time there. :hug: I'm sorry about all of that... it really sucks that the crisis team wasn't more helpful. :( I'm glad that you had your sister there to help you, though, that's good. Do you live on your own? and how are you doing now? :hug: Hopefully a little better, I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I'm doing okayish, still keeping the food log, still plugging away at eating enough and exercising enough (not doing so well with the latter though :|). T appts have been rough, have talked about the sexual abuse in my past and the last appt was pretty rough, urk. Not looking forward to the next appt (next week).

April:hug: how you doing? talking about painful things from past is hard and can often bring up so many unwanted and hard feeling, but well done for starting to april, just remeber that your talking about it in a safe environment thats what i used to tell myself. hope your next app goes ok x hows the food log going? xx:hug:

The crisis team vary with how helpful they are and arent and its really annoying especially when theyve just got a load of new staff and arent helpful at all because they dont know you. some of the team are really good but theyre the ones that have known me for a while but theyre not always on so gotta work with whats there. i do live on my own, in a flat theres five flats, i dont mind it but sometimes its hard when im not well. and more often than not people dont like me living on my own. My social worker is trying to get me into like supported living as soon as possible as they feel i need that extra support.

erm how am i now........ not that fab but bit better than i was, well trying to be anyway :S things are a bit all over the place and havent been doing too well on the SI side of things but ive sort of needed to try and stop things going further, if that makes ne sense. and the ED side is well yeh really not too good at all, :( feel pretty messed up at the minute if im honest :'(

:hug::hug:huge to everyone hope your all ok xxx

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
((((((((Katey)))))))))
I'm sorry sweetie... it sounds very rough. I hope they can find you the support you need quickly!

April, I know how hard it is to talk about the past... it does help in the long term, though. :hug: I have been having EMDR therapy for a few weeks, and it has been amazing... the memories are still there, but a lot less painful, and I am getting a lot less flashbacks as well. It might be something worth asking your T about.

I am getting by.. spending a couple of days a week at the hospital which is a good safety net. Things are better, I think.. I feel able to cope some of the time, which is an improvement!

Praying for you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou, i dont know if i want to move out, i like having my own space n stuff. i dont kno wots going to happen and to be honest i really dont have much faith in my mental health team, (does that sound really bad??!!) im just so used to things being said and not happening that why should i expect ne thing different??

Sarah, im glad that your feeling things are better, thats really good :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.