• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support Groups

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WrongPlanet is really kind of a scummy community. I was a member for about a year and I would regularly see a LOT of really sexist or casually racist posts from people, not to mention a LOT of hostility towards religious members and religion/spirituality in general. I took a break from the site for several months and came back, only to find more of the same from newer members. I really don't recommend it, especially if you're looking for any faith-based support.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
WrongPlanet is really kind of a scummy community. I was a member for about a year and I would regularly see a LOT of really sexist or casually racist posts from people, not to mention a LOT of hostility towards religious members and religion/spirituality in general. I took a break from the site for several months and came back, only to find more of the same from newer members. I really don't recommend it, especially if you're looking for any faith-based support.
Oh, dear. I was wondering about joining them, but if they're worse than the people here (in the debate section), then I suppose that's a bit of a problem. A bit of a shame, too, so many people with Asperger's need the Gospel. :( I can't exactly let my life be an influence if I can't socially interact with them, can I? :doh:

Upvote 0

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean, from what I remember, it wasn't, like, viciously combative or anything: there were just a lot more rigidly atheistic members than religious members, and I think that was the norm. They wouldn't *attack* you for beliefs, but they were frequently condescending. There were several supportive religious members, but I'm better off coming to CF if I wanted any kind of faith-based support for my mental health.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The chat room I go to is great for caring support for ladies with physical problems :) Very strict rules such as no bad language and no offensive pics! There is so many DIFFERENT religious beliefs that can result in a lot of rudeness so there is no religious chat there but at the same time there is no rude chat allowed against it, either :) Seems to be the only way to respect all religious beliefs and ladies with serious physical problems don't feel up to the debates that can get rather rude :( It really is hard to find a clean chat room now days that also doesn't allow rudeness. I believe showing God's Love means more (actions speak louder than words) but that is just me :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have a suggestion...can we form an online Autisms/Asperger's support group? We can tell each other our problems and maybe give each other emotional and spiritual support.

Think it's a good idea?
PERFECT!

There is a world wide support group(similar also forums/chats I think "ANDI's" MOMS) helping thousands of "moms" (dads too):

Autism Network for Dietary Intervention: ANDI
www.autismndi.com/
Dedicated to helping parents understand and implement a gluten and dairy free diet for their autistic children ...

and other groups with anywhere from a dozen to hundreds of members:

We Cured Our Son's Autism - Parents
www.parents.com › Health › Autism › Parenting Autism Stories
Then I came across a book that mentioned an autistic child whose mother .... support organization called Autism Network for Dietary Intervention (ANDI), along ...

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The chat room I go to is great for caring support for ladies with physical problems :) Very strict rules such as no bad language and no offensive pics! There is so many DIFFERENT religious beliefs that can result in a lot of rudeness so there is no religious chat there but at the same time there is no rude chat allowed against it, either :) Seems to be the only way to respect all religious beliefs and ladies with serious physical problems don't feel up to the debates that can get rather rude :( It really is hard to find a clean chat room now days that also doesn't allow rudeness.
Those groups usually are okay with Christian PMs, which is probably a better choice anyway.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Brent is the owner of AC. Is he not the owner of CF?
No idea - I never even thought to look, search or ask.
The short blurb I saw was while surfing and in passing some site about the commercial aspect/ profits/ costs/ etc of maintaining a chat room or forum.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's too bad they forbid threads there exposing the vaccine dangers.
These were well known and proven back before 1955, it's nothing new.(not from the 1986 exposure they claim is discredited) ....
OETA / PBS even had an hour long documentary that was very good about 10 years ago. (it was since 'unfindable'; but dozens of books are available now).

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic