tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Based on these statistics it seems that folks are buying guns in record numbers because of the threat by Obama of more gun control, not for the purpose of self defense. Who wudda thought? :scratch:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...-in-a-row/ar-AAffYEt?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=U147IDHP

Yep, pretty much every time gun sales start to lag the manufactures/NRA start ringing the "they're trying to take your guns away!" bell and people just line up to give them more money. :wave:
tulc(it's pretty Pavlovian at this point) :cool:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, pretty much every time gun sales start to lag the manufactures/NRA start ringing the "they're trying to take your guns away!" bell and people just line up to give them more money. :wave:
tulc(it's pretty Pavlovian at this point) :cool:

Are you saying that the NRA and Obama are in cohoots?

Upvote 0

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Based on these statistics it seems that folks are buying guns in record numbers because of the threat by Obama of more gun control, not for the purpose of self defense. Who wudda thought? :scratch:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...-in-a-row/ar-AAffYEt?li=AAa0dzB&ocid=U147IDHP

I would say, good for them.
However, given there's gun registration laws, bad for them when or if gun control goes into effect. The cops can come to homes with a list of registered guns and seize every single one there.

And if you don't have the guns they have on the list, they take you away.

What good does it do to have a ton of guns bought because of fear of the gun control laws that can be expanded so as to seize them?

And if it comes to a shootout because people would fight before they're disarmed by the American government, that's just a set up too because it stands to set off another law; martial law.

When gun registration laws were passed by the Congress that's when American gun owners were sunk. When the authorities know where the guns are they can come get the guns.

Best to buy a few that are legally registered, and seek an avenue where that unconstitutional snag doesn't apply if you want to buy a lot of guns.

One day and probably soon, you'll have to show ID to buy ammunition. And there will be a limit on how much you can buy every month. And the ammunition, due to showing ID , will then either with knowledge of that new law or with no new law pertaining to ammunition registration, will still come into effect because you showed your ID in order to buy it. And that means that information was filed on a federal database somewhere.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds like the gun industry and the NRA have some sort of deal worked out that they begin a huge propaganda campaign every time Obama says anything about guns. What are they going to do to keep their high profits when he leaves office I wonder?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say, good for them.
However, given there's gun registration laws, bad for them when or if gun control goes into effect. The cops can come to homes with a list of registered guns and seize every single one there.

And if you don't have the guns they have on the list, they take you away.

What good does it do to have a ton of guns bought because of fear of the gun control laws that can be expanded so as to seize them?

And if it comes to a shootout because people would fight before they're disarmed by the American government, that's just a set up too because it stands to set off another law; martial law.

When gun registration laws were passed by the Congress that's when American gun owners were sunk. When the authorities know where the guns are they can come get the guns.

Best to buy a few that are legally registered, and seek an avenue where that unconstitutional snag doesn't apply if you want to buy a lot of guns.

One day and probably soon, you'll have to show ID to buy ammunition. And there will be a limit on how much you can buy every month. And the ammunition, due to showing ID , will then either with knowledge of that new law or with no new law pertaining to ammunition registration, will still come into effect because you showed your ID in order to buy it. And that means that information was filed on a federal database somewhere.

The government doesn't need registration to know where the serious weapons are. All they have to do is find out who bought a hunting license.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like guns, but I hate the NRA. I guess that is blasphemy for other gun lovers.

I agree. I left the NRA because they won't publish an annual report on gun violence in the U.S. that reveals the stories behind the statistics. Such information would put an end to the gun debate once and for all.

I would receive letters about once a month outlining the devious plans of the government to seize all our guns and that we must flood Washington with calls and letters. After awhile I got sick of it. After reading an article in either Newsweek or Time, revealing a brief history of each gun death that took place in a week's time across America, and researching each of those nearly 600 deaths, it was clear to me that gun violence statistics were misleading at best and outright lies at worst, and that America didn't have the gun violence problem portrayed by the anti's and the media.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The government doesn't need registration to know where the serious weapons are. All they have to do is find out who bought a hunting license.

Or, they can just go to inner cities, projects and places where gang graffiti is all over the place. There, they'll find a treasure trove of guns, most of them acquired illegally. That's where the bulk of the shootings take place. If they want to start confiscation, those are the places to start. 31,000 shooting deaths a year in those places. But when the exception to the rule takes place, (school shootings, etc), which accounts for less than .2% of shooting deaths, it's all about more "gun control".

Thugs and gangsters registering their guns and getting hunting licensees? Yeah, right. :D

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or, they can just go to inner cities, projects and places where gang graffiti is all over the place. There, they'll find a treasure trove of guns, most of them acquired illegally. That's where the bulk of the shootings take place. If they want to start confiscation, those are the places to start. 31,000 shooting deaths a year in those places. But when the exception to the rule takes place, (school shootings, etc), which accounts for less than .2% of shooting deaths, it's all about more "gun control".

Thugs and gangsters registering their guns and getting hunting licensees? Yeah, right. :D
You mean enforce gun control on actual criminals? ain't nobody got time for that.

Upvote 0

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
here's an idea
Firstly, dis arm half the police as I understand they have a tendency of shooting before asking questions.
Secondly, make guns harder to get hold of. Not ban all together, but to ensure there are less shootings just make sure people go through more checks to get them.
And maybe put a ban on hoarding??

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that the NRA and Obama are in cohoots?

Just as an aside? I LOVE the word "cahoots"! I wish people would use it more! ;) Anyway I don't think the word cahoots would be accurate it's more like each of them uses the other as a sort of "boogie man" to score political points off each other, still they do have pretty opposing views when it come to guns and their place in America. :wave:
tulc(suspects gun manufacturers and the NRA could be in cahoots) :)

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, dis arm half the police

And after that, send those unarmed police officers on calls/patrol where gangland shootings take place daily. They'll be just fine. I can see it now. "Hey you, waving that gun, drop it now ..... 'cause I says so!" ^_^

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like the gun industry and the NRA have some sort of deal worked out that they begin a huge propaganda campaign every time Obama says anything about guns. What are they going to do to keep their high profits when he leaves office I wonder?

Correct.

On one hand, I believe we should do everything reasonable to keep guns out of the hands, of those who should not have them; those who have criminal records, or serious psychological disorders.

With that said and I hate to sound defeatist, I don't think it will make a bit of difference, just as making alcohol illegal didn't make a difference of people getting their hands on it in the 1930's and only increased the criminal element.

The US, is a gun culture and there is demand for guns and if you make them harder to purchase, people will simply get them through black markets. The real issue in the US, is the gun culture, that creates the demand and the desire, to use them.

Upvote 0

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
And after that, send those unarmed police officers on calls/patrol where gangland shootings take place daily. They'll be just fine. I can see it now. "Hey you, waving that gun, drop it now ..... 'cause I says so!" ^_^

uh, see that shows what a worrying mind you have TheBear. Gangland shootings? Is that still in the bronx? I thought a lot of them were cleaned up now. No of course you put them on traffic.
And by the way Police here in UK can sort a lot without guns.

Upvote 0