Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think ESV study bibles are all from the same folks, Crossway. That's who mine is by and out of the hundreds of styles I've seen, they're always Crossway.

Either way, it's an excellent resource. You can buy the hardback for maybe $35-45 on Amazon.

... OK so I took the liberty of finding it on Amazon.com and it's super cheap. $28.78.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think ESV study bibles are all from the same folks, Crossway. That's who mine is by and out of the hundreds of styles I've seen, they're always Crossway.

Either way, it's an excellent resource. You can buy the hardback for maybe $35-45 on Amazon.

... OK so I took the liberty of finding it on Amazon.com and it's super cheap. $28.78.

True, they are Crossway. Each publisher has their own versions for copyright reasons. I do like the ESV.

Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in study Bible, so I recommend not using one. Use a King James Bible. That's all you need, and the Holy Ghost will teach you all things.

No harm in what you do. There are some really bad study bibles. I wouldn't exactly call the ESV Study Bible a bad one.

Upvote 0

preacherinblack

the Hot Gospeler in black
Feb 24, 2014
✟15,250.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a bunch of study stuff including a little theological libray in real life and on my bible study program ( I use e-sword) and I have been reading as of late a bunch of Dr Henry A. Ironside's work . I kind like how I'm doing it right now with my NKJV I sorta have made it my own study bible with my marks in it and all , but I would like to have like a commentary on hand so that why I'm looking for a study bible. What do you guys think of the Scofield study bible( particularly the one for NKJV aswell) ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

preacherinblack

the Hot Gospeler in black
Feb 24, 2014
✟15,250.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've got the latest update for e-sword and I have also gone over to bible support.com and got a bunch of modules that's how I stumbled across Dr Henry A. Ironside . What do you guys think of the New Scofield for the NKJV I'm thinking of getting it ?

Upvote 0