Studies on Sharing Your Faith????

jomarc

Jan 19, 2012
✟7,982.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am the small group leader of my church. I am looking for some studies that might be of benefit to our groups on the topic of sharing our faith.

I am familiar with F.A.I.T.H., and have taken it. I think the program is good, but there is almost too much memorization involved....almost to the point that if one is not careful he/she can sound a little 'robotic' when they present the plan of salvation using the F.A.I.T.H. method.

I welcome your suggestions.

Again, I am not being critical of F.A.I.T.H. I am just wanting to know if there are some other options.

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am the small group leader of my church. I am looking for some studies that might be of benefit to our groups on the topic of sharing our faith.

I am familiar with F.A.I.T.H., and have taken it. I think the program is good, but there is almost too much memorization involved....almost to the point that if one is not careful he/she can sound a little 'robotic' when they present the plan of salvation using the F.A.I.T.H. method.

Again, I am not being critical of F.A.I.T.H. I am just wanting to know if there are some other options.
Share Jesus Without Fear

It was a good short course, only 3 weeks if I remember correctly. You can get just the books, or booklets and/or the leader's kit which includes all the stuff you need. I put his stuff in note form along with some of EE and Ray Comfort for my own quick notes on it. It's good. Not the only way, but good.

At Lifeway just search for "Share Jesus Without Fear"

or
amazon

or
Christianbook

Last edited:
Upvote 0

least

To God be the Glory!
Dec 20, 2011
✟13,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen many people drop out of FAITH because it is rather lengthy. I took to FAITH fairly well because I am an outline kind of guy. I remember when I first started the class, I learned the outline in one week because I drove a truck around a large area in central Mississippi. I pulled in to a Wendys to eat lunch one day and took my Bible in so I could read while I ate. I was the only one in the restaurant and the guy taking my order I asked me about the book I was reading. There, at the counter in Wendy's, I used the FAITH outline to lead that young man to Christ! Another young lady came up to me while I was eating and told me that the young man was her cousin and that their grandmother had been praying faithfully for him. I haven't used that outline much in a while, but after that time I used quite a bit.
Share Jesus Without Fear seems to be a good evangelism strategy. I have not done the study, but I do have one of the pocket testaments and have used it to witness. The good thing about it is that you don't have to memorize anything. The bad thing about it is that you don't have to memorize anything..LOL!
I hope you will add to this thread what ya'll decide on and maybe even share what happens in your Church. I am starting Liberty University soon and my first class will be on evangelism. I am looking forward to it and hope to learn new ways of sharing. There are many methods, but thank God we only have one message. May God bless your work!

Upvote 0
K

Kormagh

One option to "faith sharing" studies is to know your Bible. To know what you believe and why you believe it. To proclaim the Gospel, as you know, is to tell the good news, so know the Gospel! And remember that your testimony is NOT the Gospel, but what affect the Gospel has had on your life.
Also, the Apostles and the early Church didn't have the Romans Road to salvation, but the Old Testament and the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

spartakis

Feb 14, 2012
✟7,696.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Its a 3 year course but I highly recommend Faith Bible Institute.

Upvote 0