✟69,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not saying you can't.

The teacher was wrong but it pales in comparison to the horrors of Nazism.

Had he put him in a pit & shot & killed him we could bring up some comparisons.

I.

Hate.

The.

Use.

Of.

The.

Word.

Nazi.

In.

Comparison.

With.

Matters.

That.

Are.

Trivial.

Compared.

With.

What.

A.

Nazi.

Actually.

Is.

I love the writing down the left side of the page.

For you, because I like you and respect you I will have the mods close down my little, humorous, ironical Nazi thread.

And I don't do this kind of thing for just anybody so don't get all "I don't care" on me.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,741,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I love the writing down the left side of the page.

For you, because I like you and respect you I will have the mods close down my little, humorous, ironical Nazi thread.

And I don't do this kind of thing for just anybody so don't get all "I don't care" on me.
How do you feel about mushy? :)

I like you too believe it or not.

I just have peeves about certain things. So I hope you did not see it as an attack on you personally. It wasn't.

But I got to say I'm impressed by your generousity on this.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A kid in my high school English class got a supply teacher fired when the teacher was reading a book while we were doing our work. It was a book against GW Bush's war. One kid asked him about it, he told the class about it, the kid complained to the sub teacher, then complained to the principal, and got the sub teacher fired.

I thought it was stupid. I guess the sub teacher could have said, "I can't tell you what this book is about", but oh well.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,741,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Student Punished for Christian Beliefs About Homosexuality Pushes Back

Fort Worth, TX — On Tuesday, high school freshman Dakota Ary was given in-school suspension for stating in class that he believes homosexuality is wrong because of his Christian faith. Liberty Counsel is representing Dakota in this case, demanding full vindication and a full retraction of the suspension. If the school board does not comply, a lawsuit will be filed for violation of Dakota’s First Amendment rights.

Dakota was in a German language class at Western Hills High School on Tuesday when the topic of homosexuality arose. “I’m a Christian and, to me, being homosexual is wrong,” Dakota said to one of his classmates. His teacher overheard the comment, wrote Dakota an infraction, and sent him to the principal’s office. The class topic was religious beliefs in Germany. During the discussion, one student asked what Germans thought about homosexuality in relation to religion. Another student then asked to hear some translated terms such as “lesbian.” These questions provoked the conversation about Christianity and Dakota’s expression of his opinion to one classmate.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not saying you can't.

The teacher was wrong but it pales in comparison to the horrors of Nazism.

Had he put him in a pit & shot & killed him we could bring up some comparisons.

I.

Hate.

The.

Use.

Of.

The.

Word.

Nazi.

In.

Comparison.

With.

Matters.

That.

Are.

Trivial.

Compared.

With.

What.

A.

Nazi.

Actually.

Is.

But its okay to be compare to a serious matter? It should not be compared at all because to do so is to just evoke emotion. its a manipulation tactic.

The articles you post that make these nasty comparisons are, A) are not valid- they are just using the Holocaust to their own end and B) its way more offensive then Charlie's humor and a insult to ones intelligence.

Using the Holocaust and the death of millions to evoke emotion ... is still using it... it does not matter what issue its being used for. Its still being used.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Again, you''re all arguing over half the story, where you have no clue as to the other's side.

The school can not comment on the situation out of legal confidentiality laws.

Also, posting articles from biased blog sites only fuels the fire of misinformation.

Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums