Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you completely. What I do here is not trying to tell people what God wants them to do or not do, the main reason I am here is to defend God’s Truth. If someone is teaching others that they have been released from God’s Holy and perfect Standard, free to follow their “hearts” or “live in love” I know that this is not the truth, so I try to bring the truth. God says in His Word extremely clearly that "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.” Those who claim that the “Christian walk” is simply “believe” and living in love…are not speaking complete Truth.
God’s will is revealed in His Word, that is why we are to live by every word that proceeds from God.
Wonderful and Glory to God for unity of the Spirit and fellowship. I think the other side of the coin is though that if, like the apostle said, If you are not living your own life but Christ is living through you, you would be living following your heart, because it would be God's heart. I think we can both agree that we can live in love. You and I love God and many other things the same. The Bible tells us often to practice love in our lives. If God is lead of our lives, we will have fruits and works that follow that. I don't think you believe that by your works and following of the Law of Moses you can gain salvation. I understand that a lot of Christians simply believe and have no fruits or works, and it's a shame. Ignoring parts of scripture certainly will lead to luke warmness and such. I think it's more in your method of reproof that you garner such resistance. We're not to seperate the tares from the wheat, that's the angel's job. I'm all for standing up for the truth when the devil confronts you, when we're tested, to the unbeliever and blashpemer, etc. I just think it causes more dissention if done amongst loving and believers.

God Bless,
Dave

Upvote 0

triplet347

Mar 9, 2012
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First Nothing in the OT is obselete. That is like saying God's word is irrelevant in some parts. The OT is essential to understanding the NT and visa versa. If you truly want to understand what was going on in the OT in light of the new, then study the Hebrew understanding of covenant. The covenant is what connects the OT and NT. It is what permeates throughout all of scripture. In order to understand the NT and what Jesus was doing, you need to study and understand the OT.

God bless,

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
First Nothing in the OT is obselete. That is like saying God's word is irrelevant in some parts. The OT is essential to understanding the NT and visa versa. If you truly want to understand what was going on in the OT in light of the new, then study the Hebrew understanding of covenant. The covenant is what connects the OT and NT. It is what permeates throughout all of scripture. In order to understand the NT and what Jesus was doing, you need to study and understand the OT.

God bless,

I concur :)
It is after all the foundation!

If a house "erases" or "disregards" it's foundation...
it's bye bye house.

Upvote 0