Struggling with lonliness since my wife passed away.

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
in 17 hours it will be 3 weeks since my wife went home with the Lord, and while I am happy for her that I know where she is, and she is doing great, I am feeling terribly lonely. I know this is a normal part of grieving the loss of your spouse, but even in a room full of family and friends I feel so terribly alone.

Spending time in prayer helps yes, but honestly, not enough.

Just please pray for my peace of mind and continued healing through this ordeal.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟200,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is very difficult to grieve the loss of someone you were so close to. I pray you will find comfort in the Holy Spirit's presence in your life, and, indeed, that you can heal.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
in 17 hours it will be 3 weeks since my wife went home with the Lord, and while I am happy for her that I know where she is, and she is doing great, I am feeling terribly lonely. I know this is a normal part of grieving the loss of your spouse, but even in a room full of family and friends I feel so terribly alone.

Just please pray for my peace of mind and continued healing through this ordeal.

Even though it may not feel like it, grief can be a source of great hope. Your reaction against what is wrong comes from a deep yearning for things to be made right. Loss can open us to ultimate wholeness and restoration.

As believers, we know that a much better day is coming when God himself will wipe every tear from our eyes. On that day “There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Revelation 21:3-4).

It's not goodbye .... it's until we meet again. I remind myself of this daily.

Start engaging in activities that you enjoy doing. Spend some time out in nature. Not sure if you have a pet ... if not perhaps consider about getting one ... they are indeed a joy in many ways. If not perhaps donate some time with a shelter and take some walks with them ... their joy becomes your joy. Maybe you enjoy fishing or something.

There is a void in your heart ... it will get better with time ... but in the meantime you need to shift your focus on your different life forward ... you are never alone ... Jesus is always beside you. Talk with Him, walk with Him.

Anyways ... engage is some sort of service and/or hobby ... there is a lot of need out there and it will help you refocus. Find something you like to do!

May the Lord heal your heart and show you the path forward. AMEN

Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even though it may not feel like it, grief can be a source of great hope. Your reaction against what is wrong comes from a deep yearning for things to be made right. Loss can open us to ultimate wholeness and restoration.

As believers, we know that a much better day is coming when God himself will wipe every tear from our eyes. On that day “There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Revelation 21:3-4).

It's not goodbye .... it's until we meet again. I remind myself of this daily.

Start engaging in activities that you enjoy doing. Spend some time out in nature. Not sure if you have a pet ... if not perhaps consider about getting one ... they are indeed a joy in many ways. If not perhaps donate some time with a shelter and take some walks with them ... their joy becomes your joy. Maybe you enjoy fishing or something.

There is a void in your heart ... it will get better with time ... but in the meantime you need to shift your focus on your different life forward ... you are never alone ... Jesus is always beside you. Talk with Him, walk with Him.

Anyways ... engage is some sort of service and/or hobby ... there is a lot of need out there and it will help you refocus. Find something you like to do!

May the Lord heal your heart and show you the path forward. AMEN

I know it is part of the grieving process, but there are things that I DID enjoy doing that I just can't do now. Like play my bass. I literally pick it up, and can't bring myself to plug it in. Not sure why, just not motivated I guess...

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know it is part of the grieving process, but there are things that I DID enjoy doing that I just can't do now. Like play my bass. I literally pick it up, and can't bring myself to plug it in. Not sure why, just not motivated I guess...

well ... play it for the Lord .... maybe it's just taking the first steps ... healing from the loss of a loved one is not easy .... don't think that I am suggesting that it is .... however .... having been through this myself (for what it is worth) .... until I started getting the focus off myself and how I felt and intense focus on the Lord, and started down the road of my changed life and doing other things ... it was like a depression box I couldn't get out of.

Take some steps ... even if they are small ones ... and keep taking them.

Praying the Lord will heal your heart and fill it with His Love. Amen.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟667,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
3 weeks is not very long at all, and I can only imagine how lonely you must feel. You are still very early in the grieving process, and the emotions will be raw for awhile. I pray that the Lord comforts you in this time and gives you healing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Dave, I prayed that God fill your heart with optimism that the day is coming when he will wipe away your sadness with joy - Jesus is coming soon, be of good cheer. Occupy until He comes. You are not abandoned. Everyday brings us all closer to being together again in one great big happy family in the kingdom of God. I am looking for that day as well. May your spirit be lifted up. God is with you, now and forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0