• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stress/depression problems (please help)

Seward14

Cross
Jan 4, 2012
USA
✟15,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lately I've become a hardcore christian and also lately, I have been going through a lot of stress,depression,mood swifts, I have had these going on for about 2 months now because of wrestling, and a lot of school work and to make it worse my brother has recently left to Afghanistan he's a cavalry scout in the army and I wont see him for more than a year and that's what really hit me I tried a lot of things music, talking, eating healthy, working out, etc. but it doesn't work I've prayed to God and now i'm going here to see if anyone can help me. Please respond, thank you

God Bless You.

Dianna_Child of God

He is my All in All
Sep 8, 2011
✟17,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can I ask what you mean by a hardcore Christian?
Sounds like you are under a lot of stress so it can be hard to do the things you mentioned. When a family member is being sent overseas like that it is even hard. Try to hold on to God and he will see you through even when you think it is impossible.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have you tried taking a break, and do something new? It helps to do something new to break the stress. Like get a massage. Or go see a movie that can make you laugh.

Although for me I listen to my Joyce Meyer vids on youtube when I'm frustrated. It helps me stay on track, and learn something.

Although, I don't know what it is like to have someone overseas in the army. But I can imagine. I'd be in a nervous wreck. But it does make me wonder. Is your brother religious too? If he is, we can pray for a victory for him. And pray for God to watch over him, and give him protection, and the strength for a good fight over there. I'll pray for your brother so he can have all of that! ;D

Upvote 0