Stress and your marriage

How does your marriage get affected by stress?

• Our bond is strengthened as we lean on each other for support

• We tend to bicker more when we are confronted with stress.

Results are only viewable after voting.

rppearso

Sep 8, 2006
Alaska
✟1,061.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thats what we do as well ;) I have a good woman so I can deal with any stressful situation and bring it to resolution becasue I know what she has for me at the end of the day :).

We pull together and get downright clingy to one another in these situations.

Upvote 0

Dave73

Jun 19, 2009
✟15,173.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My wife has this leave me alone and let me get over it attitude to problems. Which is most of the time a good thing ... I don't hear nagging or anything. Give her awhile and she's fine ... you would never know there was a problem between us.

It's aggravating if I think the problem needs to be discussed more ... and I worry about her (is it healthy to do that - will resentment build).

But so far it's worked good and has probably saved us from really getting into it over things that (looking back) wasn't worth the time or effort anyways.

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would say we get closer, we don't bicker.

Interesting Dave, I think I am a little like your wife in this (and I don't know any other women like this). For me, if something annoys me, sometimes I need a bit of time to decide whether or not it's a problem worth getting upset about. Then if it isn't (usually isn't) I let it slide. If it's a problem, or at least, something that has annoyed me often, the time allows me a chance to address it with a level head and look for a solution (something my husband appreciates, these solution focused men!) rather than just having a go at him. :thumbsup: Poor hubby though, has to wait in suspense.;)

Upvote 0

Dave73

Jun 19, 2009
✟15,173.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would say we get closer, we don't bicker.

Interesting Dave, I think I am a little like your wife in this (and I don't know any other women like this). For me, if something annoys me, sometimes I need a bit of time to decide whether or not it's a problem worth getting upset about. Then if it isn't (usually isn't) I let it slide. If it's a problem, or at least, something that has annoyed me often, the time allows me a chance to address it with a level head and look for a solution (something my husband appreciates, these solution focused men!) rather than just having a go at him. :thumbsup: Poor hubby though, has to wait in suspense.;)

Well she's the first woman I've known to be like that. At first I didn't know how to take it ... did she need time to "plot her revenge" against me I would think lol. It really works out best for both of us ... allows us each to cool down. The later in the day when she does want to discuss it she's calm and collected. I on the other hand have gone from raging mad to "what were we arguing about?". I'm sure it has saved us both from saying things we would no doubt regret later.

Your husband is a lucky man. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Hosannainthehighest

it depends on what the source of the stress is...if it is affecting one of us seriously, we usually hash it out alone and then come back together when we feel better...if it's something that affects both of us i try and find a solution and he listens to his ipod lol....then he lets me chatter for a while about the problem and he tries to make out with me, so either way i guess we deal with things seperately and then come together

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

That's my response too (I couldn't vote). We do bicker more, but we know that we're bickering because we're on edge so we tend to make up faster, understand more readily, forgive more easily, and are definitely closer to each other as a result of the stress we're under.

Upvote 0

Kingssman

reawakened spirit
Jul 18, 2009
Illinois
✟7,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Engaged
stress has done both in our relationship. I love how it bonds us together, fear how it increases our bickering.

God places a lot of challenges in our lives through marriage. At times I wish life was a little more stress free, but then it would be boring.

I do thank god that stress is managed and logic prevails.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums