Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/02/n...latest-dominique-strauss-kahn-legal-turn.html
Since her initial allegation on May 14, the accuser has repeatedly lied, one of the law enforcement officials said.

Senior prosecutors met with lawyers for Mr. Strauss-Kahn on Thursday and provided details about their findings, and the parties are discussing whether to dismiss the felony charges. Among the discoveries, one of the officials said, are issues involving the asylum application of the 32-year-old housekeeper, who is Guinean, and possible links to people involved in criminal activities, including drug dealing and money laundering.

The housekeeper is apparently no longer considered a credible witness, and yet....
The woman told the authorities that she had gone to Mr. Strauss-Kahn’s suite to clean it and that he emerged naked from the bathroom and attacked her. The formal charges accused him of ripping her pantyhose, trying to rape her and forcing her to perform oral sex; his lawyers say there is no evidence of force and have suggested that any sex was consensual.

I still think it is probable that he raped her, but "probable" isn't good enough.

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
For some reason, the words "I told you so" come to mind. I said all along these allegations were highly suspect, and probably more about getting him removed as IMF chief. And do note how he is conveniently still not IMF chief...credible witness or no credible witness. So now that the allegations are not credible, can he get his job back? Somehow I doubt it.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Which seems more likely to be true?
1. An immigrant woman who cleans hotel rooms for a living just spontaneously, and for no reason, decides one day to accuse one her customers, whom she does not know, of sexually assaulting her.

2. The former Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, who is also the former Minister of Economy, Finance and Industry and the former Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade of France, and a former and proposed future candidate for President of France is able to wield enough political clout to persuade the New York County District Attorney to back off the case.

Upvote 0

green wolverine

to God be the glory!
May 9, 2009
✟16,164.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For some reason, the words "I told you so" come to mind. I said all along these allegations were highly suspect, and probably more about getting him removed as IMF chief. And do note how he is conveniently still not IMF chief...credible witness or no credible witness. So now that the allegations are not credible, can he get his job back? Somehow I doubt it.

I agree.

A couple of other things that indicate this was a set-up is that the top political operative of French Pres. Nicolas Sarkozy tweeted about DSK's arrest before it happened. When asked about it, he said they had spys following him.

Given how the global elite protect their own [think Bernie Madoff], I agree they wanted to get rid of him as IMF head as he had begun suggesting things like forgiving some of the 3rd world countries debt and the like.

It will be interesting to see if this new rape charge sticks given that it's 8 years old.

Upvote 0