BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been at Steve Munsey church for about 13 years. I started to question his church like at the end of 2014. In January of 2015 I went to another church. He was reading from the bible, speaking about sin, and others and I felt a conviction. I even questioned my salvation. For years I thought I was saved. I did get baptized and I was still living in sin.

One thing I noticed is he talks about money a whole lot. Even when we have Memorial Day prayer the only thing he talked about was getting a job, clothes, a new house and others. I did not feel God or the Holy Spirit. I feel lost because I have to learn a whole lot of stuff now. Plus I feel like his church is a business. It's always about building a kingdom. We have Atonement Offering and Pentecost and we give money too. He has a book about the Atonement Offering and how God will bless you with seven blessings.

I have made the mistake of looking at horoscopes, numerology, Chinese astrology and fortune cookies too but the weird thing is when I went to C.O.G.I.C I was not interested in that stuff when I was there. We never talked about Blood Moons or how like for instance 2016 the is a significance with 16 the number and it means something. He said that for every year. When at C.O.G.I.C. we never talked about the Hebrew calendar that much either not like he has. So I am confused. And I would like someone to tell me the truth regarding this. Also, the have Christian yoga now there too.

What I am asking is he a false prophet and the stuff he teaches legit to the bible. I do not feel I have spiritual fruit and I have not been the best Christian. I have volunteered there but it is not the same when I was in Catholic school. We help people, shared, had teamwork, I was at joy and peace etc.... We actually really helped people and people actual cared for one another. There was no selfishness.

Also, I suffer from Depression but I have found a deliverance ministry to help me with this.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I just want a true authentic relationship, be around believers, have the fruit of the spirit, able to read my bible with no problems and understand it.

Last edited:

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The vast majority of the churches today are operating in manipulative witchcraft in order to control congregants and keep the money flowing in. We are in the midst of the "falling away" Paul warned about.

After a quick search, I found Munsey referenced on a cult warning site here:

http://www.culteducation.com/group/...cal-megachurch-navigates-precarious-path.html

I've come out from under the influence of hypocritical ministries and was able to see in the scripture what's going on right now. If you want to find a decent church, be very, very careful. A lot of places are so deceived they have no idea.

Take a look at the stuff on this website, it may help you get untangled:

www.becarefulhowyouhear.com

On a final note, and most importantly, if you want to be in right relationship with Father God, forget about following other people, you need to follow and trust Jesus.

Believe (trusting Jesus' work of the cross paid for every sin you've ever committed and has gained you access to Father God when you pray in Jesus' name by faith)
Repent (recognizing there are some things you need to turn away from immediately such as sexual immorality or occult practices, but even more practically, recognize repentance is an attitude of humility before God so when we read His word and realize there are things that need to change in our life we come into agreement and call upon Him to help empower us over sin).
Follow Jesus for Real (get into that word daily, spend time in prayer daily, not for dead works, but because you believe He's real and are walking out your faith no matter how you feel or what's going on in your life. Ask God questions and expect an answer, but be patient as you continue to study His word and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you). Nothing can stop you from following Him if you really want to.

Don't worry so much about church right now. Cultivate your relationship, get in the word and get to know Him. Church can come later when you're stronger in the faith and your guard is up enough that you will not fall under deception again.

Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The vast majority of the churches today are operating in manipulative witchcraft in order to control congregants and keep the money flowing in. We are in the midst of the "falling away" Paul warned about.

After a quick search, I found Munsey referenced on a cult warning site here:

http://www.culteducation.com/group/...cal-megachurch-navigates-precarious-path.html

I've come out from under the influence of hypocritical ministries and was able to see in the scripture what's going on right now. If you want to find a decent church, be very, very careful. A lot of places are so deceived they have no idea.

Take a look at the stuff on this website, it may help you get untangled:

www.becarefulhowyouhear.com

On a final note, and most importantly, if you want to be in right relationship with Father God, forget about following other people, you need to follow and trust Jesus.

Believe (trusting Jesus' work of the cross paid for every sin you've ever committed and has gained you access to Father God when you pray in Jesus' name by faith)
Repent (recognizing there are some things you need to turn away from immediately such as sexual immorality or occult practices, but even more practically, recognize repentance is an attitude of humility before God so when we read His word and realize there are things that need to change in our life we come into agreement and call upon Him to help empower us over sin).
Follow Jesus for Real (get into that word daily, spend time in prayer daily, not for dead works, but because you believe He's real and are walking out your faith no matter how you feel or what's going on in your life. Ask God questions and expect an answer, but be patient as you continue to study His word and allow the Holy Spirit to teach you). Nothing can stop you from following Him if you really want to.

Don't worry so much about church right now. Cultivate your relationship, get in the word and get to know Him. Church can come later when you're stronger in the faith and your guard is up enough that you will not fall under deception again.
Thank you for that. Oh I know about his foreclosure I was still attending there when he was. I just think it is time to move on. I did look at that website becarefulhowyouhear. It was interesting about what he said about witchcraft and divination in the church. It's sad how you cannot go to church without something bad going on.

Reactions: AGTG
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
AGT, overall you have given some good advice but I agree with DMW that advising someone to stay away from church that his can be a dangerous thing, where they can easily end up listening to little more than their own inner voice. I know that if someone lives in a small town where there may only be a single viable church that may have its own set of serious internal troubles, that this can certainly make life difficult, but we always need to be seeking out fellowship with other brothers and sisters and not rely on a public forum.

Reactions: AGTG
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
AGT, overall you have given some good advice but I agree with DMW that advising someone to stay away from church that his can be a dangerous thing, where they can easily end up listening to little more than their own inner voice. I know that if someone lives in a small town where there may only be a single viable church that may have its own set of serious internal troubles, that this can certainly make life difficult, but we always need to be seeking out fellowship with other brothers and sisters and not rely on a public forum.

I don't say that people should not go to church. In this day and age, however, people need to be very careful about where they go because there is a massive infiltration and apostasy that's been happening in Christianity for over 40 years.

The only thing that's going to protect anyone from the deception at work is to have a deep, intimate relationship with God through prayer and study of His word.

There's nothing wrong with taking a couple months and doing just that before jumping headlong into another church which may or may not be a safe one, especially since she's already been through the ringer in one church.

Between the word of faith churches, the new apostolic reformation churches, the emergent churches, and the mega-churches, churches are proving to be a bad place for Christians who actually love Jesus.

That's not even considering the fact that modern churchianity has all but destroyed the idea that people are accountable to God first, and that Christianity is built on a "personal" relationship with Father God through Jesus instead of showing up for Sunday service and tithing faithfully.

Ultimately, God, Himself, warns that there will be a time when people need to get out of the harlot church:

Revelation 18:4
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "'Come out of her, my people,' so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues

Are we there yet? I don't know for certain, but it is possible. Here is a quick audio clip of Carter Conlon of Time Square Church in New York City right after the 9/11 attacks. Both He and David Wilkerson spoke out against the nonsense prosperity gospels of the 90's as well as all the weird manifestations in the so-called Revivals of that decade.

But you will note in this clip Conlon knew when saw all the foolishness of the church in the 90's that it would not be long that America's walls would be proven to be down (which is an Old Testament reference to the defenses of a people being down) because the foolishness was, in fact, judgment from God on the church. And judgment always begins in the household of God:

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've wept over what's going on in the churches today. It's got to break Father God's heart what's been happening. Christians should be able to come together in Spirit and in truth. Just the same, we should not go to church just for the sake of going to church. It's alright to be discerning and take your time because of the manipulative witchcraft going on which seduces people into deception.

Reactions: BeutifultoGod
Upvote 0

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Christians should be able to come together in Spirit and in truth, but you are broad-brushing whole groups of believers as demonic. Have you been to my church? I doubt it. There are certainly problems in every sect of the Christianity, but assigning them all titles as 'bad places for people who love Jesus" is nothing but hateful and ignorant.
It's actually attitudes like yours that confuse young believers and turn off people from coming to any church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Christians should be able to come together in Spirit and in truth, but you are broad-brushing whole groups of believers as demonic. Have you been to my church? I doubt it. There are certainly problems in every sect of the Christianity, but assigning them all titles as 'bad places for people who love Jesus" is nothing but hateful and ignorant.
It's actually attitudes like yours that confuse young believers and turn off people from coming to any church.

I'm warning you that Paul warned us that hypocritical ministries will be working in conjunction with seducing spirits. It's the leaders that are the problem, the congregation typically pays for it.

Upvote 0