WI
✟78,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Back in August 2020, Paramount released Lower Decks, a cartoon version of Star Trek for young adults. I tried an episode on a plane ride home from California a few months ago, and it was good. Most young adult cartoons are not interesting in general, as they are too violent or bloody, or just plain crass (cough cough, ahem, Rick & Morty). Star Trek: Lower Decks is different. The show is set in the late 2300s century (end of the 24th century) and features the lives of the crew who work on the lower decks of the spaceships. These lower deck folks are low ranking officers who do not work on the bridge, or flight deck of the ship. Lower Decks features humor and many characters who are not part of the crew that we typically see in the live action Star Trek TV shows and movies.

The live action Star Trek is much better in my opinion to Lower Decks, but this show is perfect to spend an evening to watch while waiting for the 5th and final season of the live action series, Star Trek: Discovery, releasing in April 2024. You can get three seasons of Lower Decks on DVD at your local library to rent and use on your DVD player if you don't have Paramount+, as the last season released on DVD and Blu-ray in April 2023.

Star Trek: Lower Decks
Info: Star Trek: Lower Decks - Wikipedia
Lower Decks Season 3 DVD release date: 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' Season 3 Gets Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Release

Mar 20, 2021
Washington D.C.
✟112,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Lower Decks is not just for young adults. I am over 50 and love Lower Decks. It is a lot of fun and doesn't take anything seriously.

For the live action shows. I don't care much for Discovery, but enjoy Strange New Worlds. I am watching Season 2 of Strange New Worlds this week and looking forward to the SNW / Lower-Decks crossover, and the musical episode.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lower Decks is not just for young adults. I am over 50 and love Lower Decks. It is a lot of fun and doesn't take anything seriously.

For the live action shows. I don't care much for Discovery, but enjoy Strange New Worlds. I am watching Season 2 of Strange New Worlds this week and looking forward to the SNW / Lower-Decks crossover, and the musical episode.
Awesome. It is good that the show is for all ages. I will try Strange New Worlds after the last season of Discovery is released in 2024. The thing that bothers me about Discovery is because in the year 3100-something, the Federation still uses
dilithium as a source of fuel instead of developing a new power source
. Talk about technological stagnation in the Trek universe.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finished season 1 of Lower Decks a few weeks ago, and it was great. Some minor blood in the show, but overall the show was good. Boimler is probably my favorite character, as he has a good sense of humor and. Now waiting for season 2, as it is on my library holds list, but the bad weather last week probably delayed the library transfer truck by a few days.

Bradward "Brad" Boimler character bio (potential mild spoilers for those who have not watched S1): Star Trek: Lower Decks | Who is Bradward Boimler?

Upvote 0