Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The real question is not 'can I wear pants?' but rather 'why should I, as a woman, wear skirts?'

(LifeSiteNews) – One hot, muggy day during the summer of 2021, I took a good hard look at the skinny jeans I had in my closet and finally decided to chuck them in the garbage.

The decision to part ways with the skinny jeans wasn’t just because they really weren’t that comfortable in hot weather, or because (if I were honest) they weren’t that flattering for my figure, or because I was in the mood for a shopping spree to replace half my wardrobe.

lg.php

A few points converged that propelled me to make a serious way-of-life change regarding what I wear, which I now challenge ladies out there to consider – and not just regarding skinny jeans or leggings but all forms and styles of pants (or, trousers, depending on your version of English).

Like many Catholics, I grew up close to the Fatima message and thought I was doing all things rather well: prayed the Rosary daily, assisted at First Saturday Masses, and wore dresses to church on Sundays. I never considered one of the Fatima messages – that of modesty – as being one that I was not abiding by.

I did not consider myself immodest: I was never one to wear plunging necklines or short shorts. Being one who is easily chilled, my sleeves are usually at my elbow or longer, and pants, well, pants are just pants. Right? Everybody wears them, men and women alike. That women wear pants has been a cultural norm all my life.

Then I saw this short video from Father David Nix, which touches on a myriad of points, but the one that got my attention was around the 9 minute 44 second mark when he makes the connection that immodesty leads to inappropriate contentography, which leads to birth control, which leads to abortion. Hmm. But if that were true, what could I do about it? Other women are immodest, not me.

Then I read Father Nix’s blog post on common mortal sins Catholics miss in their confessions (see no. 3: “Immodesty, Including Wearing Leggings and Short Shorts”).

Being as skinny jeans are not a far cry from leggings in the way they fit the body, it was clear to me that if skinny jeans could even possibly fall into a category of “mortal sin,” I could not wear them. And if a reasonable case could be made that they are immodest, I wanted nothing to do with them.

Continued below.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
The real question is not 'can I wear pants?' but rather 'why should I, as a woman, wear skirts?'

(LifeSiteNews) – One hot, muggy day during the summer of 2021, I took a good hard look at the skinny jeans I had in my closet and finally decided to chuck them in the garbage.

The decision to part ways with the skinny jeans wasn’t just because they really weren’t that comfortable in hot weather, or because (if I were honest) they weren’t that flattering for my figure, or because I was in the mood for a shopping spree to replace half my wardrobe.

lg.php

A few points converged that propelled me to make a serious way-of-life change regarding what I wear, which I now challenge ladies out there to consider – and not just regarding skinny jeans or leggings but all forms and styles of pants (or, trousers, depending on your version of English).

Like many Catholics, I grew up close to the Fatima message and thought I was doing all things rather well: prayed the Rosary daily, assisted at First Saturday Masses, and wore dresses to church on Sundays. I never considered one of the Fatima messages – that of modesty – as being one that I was not abiding by.

I did not consider myself immodest: I was never one to wear plunging necklines or short shorts. Being one who is easily chilled, my sleeves are usually at my elbow or longer, and pants, well, pants are just pants. Right? Everybody wears them, men and women alike. That women wear pants has been a cultural norm all my life.

Then I saw this short video from Father David Nix, which touches on a myriad of points, but the one that got my attention was around the 9 minute 44 second mark when he makes the connection that immodesty leads to inappropriate contentography, which leads to birth control, which leads to abortion. Hmm. But if that were true, what could I do about it? Other women are immodest, not me.

Then I read Father Nix’s blog post on common mortal sins Catholics miss in their confessions (see no. 3: “Immodesty, Including Wearing Leggings and Short Shorts”).

Being as skinny jeans are not a far cry from leggings in the way they fit the body, it was clear to me that if skinny jeans could even possibly fall into a category of “mortal sin,” I could not wear them. And if a reasonable case could be made that they are immodest, I wanted nothing to do with them.

Continued below.
I've seen testimony of people that claim it's wrong for women to wear pants, then again i've heard a pastor that i know is following The Holy spirit say that it's not wrong. I do not know what to say regarding the issue in fear of saying wrong one way or the other. I just advise to pray about it and see where Jesus leads you.

• Winner
Reactions: Michie