Teaching (no posting) Spiritually guided messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: If our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and He knows all things.

Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God, and we will receive from Him whatever we ask, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight. And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another just as He commanded us. Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us." 1 John 3:18-24

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#PrayersforTrump #Loveournieghbors #JESUSISLORD

"Brothers, consider the time of your calling: Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were powerful; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly and despised things of the world, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast in His presence.

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God: our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:26-31

"“In righteousness you will be established;
You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear;
And from terror, for it will not come near you.

“If anyone fiercely assails you it will not be from Me.
Whoever assails you will fall because of you.

“Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals
And brings out a weapon for its work;
And I have created the destroyer to ruin.

“No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their vindication is from Me,” declares the LORD." Isaiah 54:14-17

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The interesting thing about tongues is you may often repeat certain words that you did not know had a meaning. One such word that I find myself uttering when I sing in tongues is actually a name. It is the name "Adonai" which in plural means "my Lords" or "the Lords" which makes sense since there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I don't actually study Hebrew, the names of God, or Jewish tradition but it seems the Lord gave me that name to use during worship sometimes. I believe that if we love the Lord, He can and will give us knowledge about Himself. I am amazed at the findings of knowledge associated with that name as I research it. This is the interpretation.

Although I would refer to this as a tongue of angels, because it is wholly submissive and obedient with no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17) (Isaiah 6:1-13).

(Deuteronomy 10:17) (Psalm 136:3) (Ephesians 5:19) (1 Corinthians 13:1) and 1 Corinthians 14 on tongues and prophecy.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When you're immature, there will always be people telling you to 'grow up' and when you're grown up, there will always be people telling you to learn to laugh, take a joke, and be yourself. You see, people will always tell you to be something you're not. This is why it is best to please God (not people) and He will shine through you as He wills in every different situation.

The issue arises, when we come to think we must have a set attitude at all times. I believe there is a correct set attitude, but often I think we try to do that before God is finished forming us at the potters wheel. To walk in the fullness of Christ, is to come experience and mature in all these parts.

Jesus displayed 7 different attributes in his teachings. The Sevenfold Spirit of God (Mind of Christ). (See the letters to the seven churches in Revelations 2-3)

Isaiah 11:1-2

"There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord."

Wisdom/Experience (pure religion James 1:27) (Proverbs 9:10 )
Understanding (love/mercy/forgiveness!)
Counsel (sound judgment)
Courage/Faith/Boldness (steadfastness James 1:4)
Knowledge (relationship) (Proverbs 9:10 )
Piety/Reverence (might/power) (Proverbs 9:10)
Wonder/Awe/Loyalty (filial fear of the Lord, not the fear of punishment). (Proverbs 9:10)

"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

A call to Maturity (Hebrews 6:1-12) Covers this quite splendidly. What does it mean to be Mature in Spirit?

You can impress people, but you can't surprise or impress God. He is waiting for us to accept what has already been granted and revealed.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justification imputes the righteousness of God to man through Faith in Christ's sacrifice. Sanctification is the activity of the righteousness of God through or bodies and mind. We are dead to sin through righteousness but we are made alive through the liberation from the POWER of sin, through sanctification. Know the difference between the two. Yes. Faith without works is dead faith (James 2:14-26) because you are still practicing the things that lead to death. How do you expect to bring life to others (in any form), when you refuse to bring life to yourself? This is the lukewarm Christian/Church in Revelation 3:14-22. This is not to say that Satan and his forces do not attack us. We remain reliant on God's strength in Christ, always.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"
#BoldThoughts #Nothingtohide #Nothingtofear #Fromyesterday (I was going to redo with self-control but I'm told to spill my transparency here.
1f641.png
:( )

Learn some humility.

Jesus is life, so what does that make everything apart from Jesus?

Walk by faith in the truth, not by the senses.

Stop beating around the bush. Now is not the time to be lazy and timid in our thoughts.

Stop being people pleasers and start pleasing God. You don't need a bible degree to share thoughts.

You are more than qualified through Faith in Christ Jesus and His Word (Corinthians 3:6) (Jeremiah 29:13).

With love, the Spirit sets your heart ablaze with a fiery passion for reading and living the gospel of Jesus.

P.S This might shed some light on this somewhat obscure inclusion of Scripture from earlier, in case you found it...odd.

Jude 1:8-9

"Yet in the same way, these dreamers defile their bodies, reject authority, and slander glorious beings. But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

(Where I see glorious beings as any believers in Christ, who obey even through persecution *but not limited to* (also angels and heavenly host) (Matthew 5:11-12)

(I know that God wants to be reconciled to all who may come to the truth of salvation in Christ, since we are all made in His image and He loves us!)

"If any of you has a grievance against another, how dare he go to law before the unrighteous instead of before the saints! Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

So if you need to settle everyday matters, do you appoint as judges those of no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Is there really no one among you wise enough to arbitrate between his brothers? Instead, one brother goes to law against another, and this in front of unbelievers!

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you are thoroughly defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, even against your own brothers!" 1 Corinthians 6:1-8 (2 Timothy 3:16, Matthew 7:1-6 on judgment in the Church)

"Not to us, O LORD, not to us,
But to Your name give glory
Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth.
Why should the nations say,
“Where, now, is their God?”

But our God is in the heavens;
He does whatever He pleases." Psalm 115:1-3

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good conduct, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast in it or deny the truth. Such wisdom does not come from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every evil practice.

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle, accommodating, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial, and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap the fruit of righteousness." James 3:13-18

"“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits." Matthew 7:15-20

"Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." 1 John 3:18

"But as for you, continue in the things you have learned and firmly believed, since you know from whom you learned them. From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work" 2 Timothy 3:14-17

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can explain God's Word in ways that others can understand, but we cannot alter the Truth of what has been said. God's Sovereignty and dominion does not change and requires no explanation. There is nothing done, that is done outside of His will. The will that ALL may come to know life through faith in Christ Jesus. There are some who may blame God for what has happened, what is happening, or what will happen. They deliberately ignore the fact that these terrible things have happened due to their own rejection of the life that He promised to us, if we follow Christ. This blaming God is not repentance, it is a hardening of the heart and we know what happened to King Pharoah after hardening his heart. He received the angel of death over his kingdom. Who is this angel of death? (Satan) (Ephesians 2:2).

See Ananias and Saphira: A man and wife act as one person, they were joined as one flesh (Acts 5:1-11) (Mark 10:1-12). They sowed to the flesh and reaped destruction from the flesh (Galatians 6:7-9).

"For the LORD will pass through the land to strike down the Egyptians. But when he sees the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe, the LORD will pass over your home. He will not permit his death angel to enter your house and strike you down." Exodus 12:23 Everything that is not life, is death (John 8:44) (John 16:12-15). This is the truth. That God is a righteous judge (Luke 18:1-8. He shows no partiality/favoritism in His decisions (unlike people). There are many sandcastles that will be knocked down eventually. Sooner is better than later. How can a person choose death and then complain about not receiving life? The days are evil.

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ," Ephesians 5:15-20

This is not condemnation, this is the Truth of salvation. Do not get the two confused. We are saved by faith. But this is why faith without works is dead faith (James 2:14-26). "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 Mercy triumphs over judgment but they are not mutually exclusive.

What I mean is, we can show mercy with judgment/tempering of fear (Jude 1:22-23). We all have different ministries according to the faith God has given us (Romans 12:3, James 3:1). Love was defined in all of its parts (1 Corinthians 13:4-7). It is good to discern love from all of them. If you have God's Spirit, you know He can speak through you.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On tongues and prophecy in 1 Corinthians 14:6-19, and humility.

Paul had to go to such a length because they were not built on relationships within Christ, or within themselves. If they were, they would have known to interpret the tongues in context to the situation or the topic at hand. Although there are tongues that should be interpreted for encouragement (edification). This is why love is the way beyond comparison, and the most excellent way. (1 Cor. 14).

Tongues to the Lord is a love language to God, if it is built in love it will sound like it (can change according to the purpose) It is always good to encourage no matter what it sounds like. This is the Truth. (1 Cor.13 (1-3)

Tongues can also be extended to mean most anything that someone does not understand. However, the onus of understanding sometimes lies with the one who does not understand, because they have no interest in understanding (2 Corinthians 6:11-13.)

This is the work of the King of the sons of pride, Leviathan (Job 41, Proverbs 16:18), the great "I am and there is no one besides me". That is the pride of indignation against what may actually be love. Worldly wisdom (1 Corinthians 3:18-23).

Pride is a close companion of the devil. That is why God opposes the proud, and gives favor the the humble. The issue with pride is that most do not think that they have it. It can blind us to knowledge of the Truth.

"my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children." Hosea 4:6 (Please don't hoard knowledge for yourself, or reject it).

"But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil." Hebrews 5:11-14 Trained senses. The flesh is made in Gods image (Genesis 1:27).

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I come across this question sometimes. Is medicine bad? The Apostle Luke, was a physician and there is Mark 2:17.

"And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

I think anything that gives life, is a gift from God. Although I will say this.

"But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:9-10

I must add this as well, so being well off financially is not deemed evil, as an absolute. You can be a righteous man AND be well off, but which of these two came first? How does He steward his wealth?

"For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.” 1 Timothy 5:18

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

No, medicine (or wealth) is not inherently 'bad'.

"See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes." Ecclesiastes 7:29

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Discerning/Testing spirits. Spiritual Discernment. (1 Corinthians 2:1-16)

(Was just shown a false angel of light, (2 Corinthians 11:14, James 4:7, Matthew 16:21-23) after sharing this and going to bed, hardly coincidence. It's nice to confidently tell the difference now. Initially felt kind of nice and tried to lull me in, but when I rejected it, it attacked my mind with a few demonic night terrors/nightmares).

"Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. You know that when you were pagans, you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore I inform you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:1-3 (Broad statement, but if you study the Word you will know it *can* be more complex than just these statements, love for the Lord Jesus means obeying/upholding commands/teachings, 1 Corinthians 13:37-40).

"Remember that people who prophesy are in control of their spirit and can take turns. For God is not a God of disorder but of peace, as in all the meetings of God’s holy people." 1 Corinthians 14:26-40 (Hebrews 13:20, John 14:27, Isaiah 9:6)

Let's not get TOO crazy with our worship/prophecy. That would lead to very strange things. (Violent possession etc.- Revelations 2:18-29). Speak life.

Holy Spirit is the Advocate/Helper/Comforter/Truthbringer. (John 14:15-30, 2 Timothy 1:7 ). Sound mind.

Don't dread blasphemy of the Spirit. A respect of persons should not ever influence the discernment or testing of Spirits. (1 John 4:1-6, 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22). Know the Word, regardless of how many miracles or healing's they have done. (Matthew 24:24, 2 Thessalonians 2:9, Matthew 7:15-23)

Blasphemy of the Spirit IS the continual ingrained belief that Christ's sacrifice is not enough to cover sin, by denying the resurrection. (Mark 3:20-30, Hebrews 11:6, Galatians 3:1-29).

*Can* be the perpetual hardening of the heart/mind beyond repentance and complete refusal to listen to correction from God's Word or conviction (mind waging war on conscience, apostasy). (Acts 7:51, Romans 6:1-14, Hebrews 10:19-39, Jude 1, Hebrews 6:1-12, 2 Peter 2). Nothing to be afraid of, if you are in perfect love (1 John 4:18). See above.

Fruits of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23) No law against these.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word fear is so overused in the Church that it's accumulated a negative religious stigma via Pathos (Persuasion by emotion). I wonder what the Word says.

Filial fear is simply not the same as dread. Dread is from the evil one. Filial fear is unique, comfortable, and warranted. Filial fear is willful and a blessed thing. (Speaking of Jesus, Isaiah 11:2). In the passage 2 Timothy 1:7 the sound mind/self-discipline keeps us from willful sin out of love.

All the "fear not" "do not be afraid" passages of Scripture refer to everything else, and come after repentance (Proverbs 9:10) because the Lord is with us. It's no longer about eternal punishment, rather it's about eternal living in being made perfect in love (1 John 4:18).

Filial- of or due from a son or daughter. (Willful, peaceful)

Dread- to fear greatly; be in extreme apprehension of, to be reluctant to do, meet, or experience. (Unwillful, anxious)

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.