Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear friends, greetings in the blessed Name of our Lord Jesus Christ :). When we talk about spiritual deliverance, we often refer to deliverance from sin. However, spiritual deliverance is more than deliverance from sin and entire sanctification. It’s not what we’re delivered from, but who we are delivered to that’s important. Spiritual deliverance that merely makes us holy but doesn’t perfect us in our relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is not the objective of our Christian faith.

I’d like to refer to Matthew 19:16-30 which describes the encounter of our Lord Jesus Christ with the rich young ruler. Matthew 19:20 clearly indicates that this rich young man was morally flawless. Some people quote the latter verse 21 to suggest that we can somehow buy our salvation by spending our riches. However, we know for certain that salvation is to be found only in the Lord Jesus (Acts 4:12) (although Luke 16:9 could challenge this understanding). When the Lord Jesus commanded the young man to sell his possessions to help the poor, He wasn’t exhorting him to sacrifice himself. The last part of verse 21 reads “Then come, follow Me.” The call was to obedience and not self-sacrifice (1 Samuel 15:22).

Spiritual deliverance that leaves us narcissistic, but doesn’t free us into an intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is actually Satanic (2 Cor 11:14. Before he was cast out of heaven even Satan was a model Angel!). We may be thanking the Lord for deliverance from some addiction or sin, but if that’s only making us feel good about ourselves then we are squandering that spiritual blessing. Deliverance from sin and self should only make us better disciples of the Lord Jesus and more effective in His service (2 Peter 1:8).

One of the most profound statements in the Old Testament may be quoted from Genesis 5:24 as follows: “Enoch walked with God.” Mind you the scripture doesn’t say that Enoch ran with God. A life of faith is not one of spiritual thrills, although we could occasionally be blessed with such experiences (Matthew 7:12). To walk with God is to be a friend of God (James 2:23), and to be so intimate with Him that we know His innermost thoughts and plans without having to ask Him (John 15:15). When we walk with God, we are His will (John 14:20). Deliverance from sin and self should be deliverance into a profound and eternal relationship with God, in our Lord Jesus and as affirmed by His blessed Holy Spirit in us.

Dear friends, I’m quite certain that all of you are sanctified, Holy Ghost baptized saints. Should there be any amongst you that don’t know the Lord yet, I pray that the Lord of the Universe will set you from sin and disobedience into His glorious light and freedom. Amen.

PS: If you find a lot of similarities between this writing and those of Rev. Oswald Chambers, that’s because the late Rev. Chambers is my mentor. Dear friends, please forgive me if I don’t respond to your mails and debates. I’m a full time college professor and haven’t the time to debate (plus I’m not very good at it.) The eternal God is our refuge, and underneath are His everlasting arms. Amen.