Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I found out I was born to serve God and I found this out late in life for I am seventy-three. I haven't a clue on how to do that. I am not the person I was before Jesus saved me. It's like I died spiritually and received Gods Holy Spirit. What can I do to serve God at seventy-two? name-one

ravindraneee

Aug 25, 2013
New Jersey, USA
✟15,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found out I was born to serve God and I found this out late in life for I am seventy-three. I haven't a clue on how to do that. I am not the person I was before Jesus saved me. It's like I died spiritually and received Gods Holy Spirit. What can I do to serve God at seventy-two? name-one
May be pray and ask God? It is God who sets us apart and He does that for His own purposes.
Just as motivation, Moses was 80 years old when he was called to lead Israel out of slavery :)

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I are in full-time ministry (we are 68 and 60). We spend several hours a day online, a lot of it here, and in Facebook, and in a ministry that God gave me with young people. If you can get out, volunteer. Use your talents to do something for someone, in the Name of Christ. Go to Craigslist and look for opportunities. List your skills (from your old life), and where you live, and I'll try to shoot you some more ideas.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am about your age and I am involved in helping out at a local nursing home. Contact the volunteer co-ordinator and s/he will give you plenty of ideas. (Matthew 25:35-36)

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear nameone. Jesus gave us some good advice in Matthew 22: 35-40.
The first and great Commandment is:" Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. My neighbour is all I know and all I meet, friends and not friends. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told :" On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." We have to give up all our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring, be kind and considerate, and be always friendly and helpful.
The Bible tells us " ask and be given," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us. We keep doing this and God will keep approving and blessing us. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on be kind and loving. That will be a Spiritual awakening, dear nameone. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Dear nameone. Jesus gave us some good advice in Matthew 22: 35-40.
The first and great Commandment is:" Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. My neighbour is all I know and all I meet, friends and not friends. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told :" On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." We have to give up all our selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring, be kind and considerate, and be always friendly and helpful.
The Bible tells us " ask and be given," we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us. We keep doing this and God will keep approving and blessing us. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on be kind and loving. That will be a Spiritual awakening, dear nameone. I say this with love. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0