Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Specifically, the University of Richmond Spiders.

They are at it again. Goliath, it is March in the U.S. Meet David.

They are not "my team". But they are the most unique team to frequently play the role of David beating Goliath in NCAA March Madness. That makes me a fan.

A year ago someone said to me that there is nothing intimidating about "Spiders". You can easily squash a spider with your foot and with just about anything else, he said. Well, the sight of a spider does not fill one with terror like, say, the sight of a tiger. But, admit it, spiders are some of the creepiest little menaces that most people have ever seen. Furthermore, there are so many teams with names like "Tigers" that I barely even notice the name when it is uttered.

Even if the name is weak semantically, it gets your attention phonetically. Say it. Spiders. Spiders. Spiders. Spiders.

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
First, THANK GOD this isn't a thread about pictures of real spiders. I don't like spiders. :)

My school's team plays in the A-10 with Richmond, and therefore we're not supposed to like them very much. Actually we probably could have beaten them if we got them in the A-10 tournament, so it's like that. Especially with Gonzalves gone this year.

I wish them the best though. Not like we were good enough to get through to the tourney. :p So they have my minor support, lol.

Upvote 0