Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The idiosyncraticies of preparing the turkey. Stuffing in or outside the turkey. Both orifices. Tradition works for me. I like the beer idea. And plan on putting beer in the dressing, it makes it richer. Along with stuffing it i also put a goodly amount in foil and place it outside the turkey. Mine is very seldom flakey. That too is traditional. More like gummy and that reminded me of what my mother used to do with it the next meal. She sliced the gummy dressing and fried it. I guess i haven't figured out how you can make it both moist and flakey without it being gummy but it seems to be a better consistency outside the turkey. My last comment,. What do you do with the tail? YUCK! Any odd balls to add?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,688,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stopped stuffing the inside of the turkey. I’ll use broth from bones to add moisture but it’s just safer to do the stuffing outside of the bird. Never heard of using beer in stuffing. Not sure I’d like that. :eek:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,688,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The most beautiful turkey I ever roasted was Martha Stewart style. I used cheesecloth and melted butter. It was so golden.
Didn’t she have an episode on a show where she showed one being prepared? For some reason, I have a memory of seeing that somewhere.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Didn’t she have an episode on a show where she showed one being prepared? For some reason, I have a memory of seeing that somewhere.
I don't remember.

I found this today, But I don't buy alcoholic beverages and don't remember if I substituted something. My stepfather was a horrible alcoholic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,688,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,688,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't remember.

I found this today, But I don't buy alcoholic beverages and don't remember if I substituted something. My stepfather was a horrible alcoholic.

Maybe nonalcoholic wine??

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My parents have never put stuffing inside Turkey. It's always a side dish- delicious! :)
My mother always stuffed the turkey. I never had it as a side dish until I was an adult and I didn't even know it was made that way until I was invited to someone else's dinner.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums