Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eating Amy's is MUCH healthier than the "real" stuff. Amy's uses organic ingredients and has a lot of Quinoa in it. That's good right there! Processed is fine as long as it is processed properly with the healthy things of the Earth we're meant to eat that build us up! I tend to avoid some brands that use heaps and heaps of crazy ingredients like Morningstar Farms, but Boca, some Gardenburger, and especially Gardein as well as some Trader Joe's and Whole Foods brands are outstanding. Amy's is one of the best!
Thank you, gurney! Amy's does make really good stuff. We love her refried black beans that I use to make bean and cheese enchiladas. :) We also use her salsa dip. :) We just went back to using some boca - my husband likes the spicy chicken sandwhich and the boys like the burgers, but we don't use it on a regular basis. But I found they like Amy's better! So, that's good enough for me. :)

Reactions: Yoseft
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually we can't sustain this animal product consumption, Knee-V! We're allowing the Amazon rainforest to be cut down, cleared, burned, and destroyed in order to make room for cattle that is mostly sent to, you guessed it, the good ole U S of A! This country has polluted millions of acres of vegetables, estuaries, wetlands, and other habitats with nasty farm run-off. We've destroyed so much soil and we're raping our environment. Vegetarianism isn't the problem.

I'm not suggesting that we should each eat pounds of meat every day. But when we *do* eat meat, it should be peeled from animal bone, not harvested from a plant.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that redneck bumper sticker all over my area. I live in a part of California dominated by "good ole' boys" for sure. I just wonder if most people knew or saw how these "tasty animals" were slaughtered, the inhumane practices, the genetic meddling in them, and the cruelty, I wonder if we'd be so quick to make fun of people who prefer not to play a part in it?

I'm a proud member of PETA*

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Go to Target or Super Target and try "Gardein" products. I like them MUCH better than Boca. My wife and kids and best friend love 'em, too!

Thank you, gurney! Amy's does make really good stuff. We love her refried black beans that I use to make bean and cheese enchiladas. :) We also use her salsa dip. :) We just went back to using some boca - my husband likes the spicy chicken sandwhich and the boys like the burgers, but we don't use it on a regular basis. But I found they like Amy's better! So, that's good enough for me. :)

Upvote 0

inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I see that redneck bumper sticker all over my area. I live in a part of California dominated by "good ole' boys" for sure. I just wonder if most people knew or saw how these "tasty animals" were slaughtered, the inhumane practices, the genetic meddling in them, and the cruelty, I wonder if we'd be so quick to make fun of people who prefer not to play a part in it?

Here in MS redneckery is the norm. :D

What's spooky is that I even worry about what wild game is eating with all the GMO stuff probably growing in some fields.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Well, never actually saw on a bumper sticker. Saw it quoted once & ran with it! I'm SURE its so prevalent in your area, for the expressed purpose of annoying you.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In all my time in California (All my life - 2.5 Years) and over 800K Miles driven, I've never seen that Bumper sticker.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Go to Target or Super Target and try "Gardein" products. I like them MUCH better than Boca. My wife and kids and best friend love 'em, too!

Oh yes. I saw that brand at Whole Foods. :) I'll check it out the next time I go.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I see nothing wrong in preferring plant to animal

I think he is saying that if we are gonna eat meat, it should be meat. not plants tressed or made to pass as meat. if we prefer plants, go hardcore on the plants.

Upvote 0