George Town Tasmania
Visit site
✟181.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Part 1:

At some time in the late 1990s a friend of mine, John Bewick, sent my wife and I a copy of a Mr. Reg Priestley's guide to The Revelation of St. John the Divine. I had taken prophecy quite seriously in my youth, at least from the age of about sixteen, in 1960, until perhaps the early 1970s partly because in those years in the Baha’i community I had joined there was a special interest in the subject of prophecy.

After about a dozen years of interest and study I found that I had run into three groups of people in the wider world insofar as prophecy was concerned. One group had absolutely no interest in the subject, and this was by far the largest group. A second group had a great deal of interest. Their views were as fixed as the rock of Gibraltar and such a thing as dialogue with them was fruitless. A third group expressed a mild interest and this group was so small that it seemed to be pointless to continue investing time in a subject for which there was little 'payoff' so to speak.

After nearly thirty years of general lack of pursuit of this field, 1970 to 2000, an interest began to slowly reawaken. By then I had retired from my professional work as a teacher. The interest, though, was not a bright spark of enthusiasm. Rather it was a slow kindling based on this work of Mr. Priestley, on the work of several Baha’is who had by the 1990s begun to write extensively on the subject and on several books on prophecy which had been on my book shelves. There was, too, the introduction into my life, slowly but surely, of a few people with an interest in the subject who were keen to discuss the subject and I with them, but only on occasion since I had developed a wide-ranging interest in much else, academic and popular. The ones I did discuss prophecy with were all on the internet.

Part 2:

I began to collect notes as the millennium turned its corner. The notes were for the most part ones off the internet. I opened a file in 2001 as a gathering place for these notes. Time would tell how much time and interest I would invest in this subject which I began to examine over fifty years ago. After nine years, 2001-2010, this file is filled to overflowing, but I do not take a serious interest in the subject.-Ron Price, Pioneering Over Four Epochs, 11 December 2010.

There is much information one rarely
or never uses in life: prophecy and a
particular form: Biblical prophecy is
in such a category. I used to know a
great deal about this subject when I
was young and all those old ladies &
men filled the spaces of the group of
Baha’is in that little town by the lake
where I was a youth so very long ago.

Daniel and the Book of Revelation verse
by verse and line by line as well as that
book Thief-in-the-Night filled my brain
with dates, with time-of-the-end stuff, &
eschatology, millennialism, but I’ve rarely
used it in the last half-century except with
Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses and those
occasional evangelic Christians who were
in my path in the years of young, middle
and late adulthood. And so now all these
pages lie dormant on my book shelves to be
brought out rarely when someone talks to me
about the Return of Christ, the Messiah, 1844
and all that jazz, and then returned to its place
until the next and rare time when the subject
comes into my life in these evening years!!!

Ron Price
11 December 2010

Last edited:

The writer

Jul 28, 2008
✟222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ron,

I read your post. I would like to take this opportunity to share a prophecy with you, that when it is shared will be fulfilling a prophecy of Jesus. In Mark 14:3-9, you will see that Jesus made a prophetic statement that wherever the Gospel is preached, in all the world, it shall be told for a memorial of the woman who anointed Jesus at Bethany for His burial.

I used to read over it and not realize that when the Gospel is read, spoken etc,
a prophecy is coming to pass. And as you have read this message, that prophecy is being fulfilled.

May the Lord Jesus manifest more of His prophetic truth to you

Kind regards
The Writer

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you thought much about the possible continuity of God's communication with Man?

You might be interested in the Dreams & Visions section of this forum; many people feel that God speaks to us daily, by various means. It can be disturbing to see it treated so commonly, until realizing that the historic prophets lived normal lives too.

In any case, it sounds like you have a great collection of information in your brain, and nowhere to go with it!

Upvote 0

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ron, I want you to know that the old dusty book of Revelation is opening up. There is a call for a "One World Currency". To have that there has to a "One World Government."
A Global Government by 2025? | Prophecy Update

Everything is happening as Jesus said it would.

Upvote 0

RonPrice

Mr Ron Price
Jul 24, 2004
George Town Tasmania
Visit site
✟181.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The Baha'i Faith and Prophecy.....Throughout the Bahá'í writings, future events have been prophesied. The most specific prophecies are related to the rise and fall of leaders and organizations. Most of these prophesies can be found in Bahá'u'lláh’s tablets to the kings and rulers of the world and in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas.

Particularly potent to early Bahá'ís was Bahá'u'lláh's prediction in 1868–69 of the fall of Sultan Abdülaziz, who was deposed in 1876.[3] Other prophecies, including statements from `Abdu'l-Bahá, are general in nature, relating to the nature of future society, and the rise of the Bahá'í Faith to prominence

....go to many links for more.-ron

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI Ron,

As a Christian I believe in personal revelation, that God speaks to us. Not that he adds to the bible, or changes biblical stuff but that we can have relationship with God. God to me is a personal God who interacts with His children. Below is a story off my website of God speaking a future event.

Some times it is hard to gauge how your prayers are going. However I recently had an experience that showed me that God does answer our prayers in miraculous ways. We have a client at work who is involved in Market Research, I pray for my clients on a regular basis. One day as I was working on their Website God spoke to me and said "How would I like to work for channel 9?" Channel 9 is a major free to air TV channel in our country. I was shocked by it and did not know what God was suggesting, but took care with the Website incase it was put on TV. However around a month latter Channel 9 approached the very client who I was working for when God asked me the question. And their business was put on channel 9's program called A Current Affair. God is in control of the affairs of men. As a further encouragement another client who I pray for, a charity, was put on the front page of the white pages in Brisbane, one of the cities major business directories.

However I don't believe in prophecy of any kind that comes not from Christ. So I would not believe Bahi Prophecy as coming from God.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi Ron,

From what I gather here, and without following any further links, it seems your interest is in world-scale eschatology. Quite a few are, especially with events transpiring as fast as they are lately. Jesus gives us signs of the time and tells us to watch and pray, but in the Bible that never overshadows the primary dynamic of the Christian, that of abiding in Christ and allowing Him to live through us through the power of love. Some people do get carried away with end times, and it seems to me that they miss the point. As you say, many have no interest, but I think this is changing as the world realigns itself in ominous ways which seem to conform to ancient prophecies.

As far as prophecy on a smaller scale, the charismatic movement has been the fastest growing segment of Christianity for decades. It was prophesied years ago that it would find its way into all kinds of ecclesiastical quarters and become a unifying dynamic for the church, and I would say this has proven true to a great extent.

This is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;
even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
?the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’ -Acts 2:16-21

Upvote 0

Masihi

love based faith is truer than fear based faith
Aug 26, 2010
✟16,803.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Baha'i Faith and Prophecy.....Throughout the Bahá'í writings, future events have been prophesied. The most specific prophecies are related to the rise and fall of leaders and organizations. Most of these prophesies can be found in Bahá'u'lláh’s tablets to the kings and rulers of the world and in the Kitáb-i-Aqdas.

Particularly potent to early Bahá'ís was Bahá'u'lláh's prediction in 1868–69 of the fall of Sultan Abdülaziz, who was deposed in 1876.[3] Other prophecies, including statements from `Abdu'l-Bahá, are general in nature, relating to the nature of future society, and the rise of the Bahá'í Faith to prominence

....go to many links for more.-ron
Hi. I see you mentioned the Bible but no mention of the smaller quran? I dont know if you agree but I see today's world sadly de-evolving. Human character is diminishing in value. The believers in islam are not contributing to the advancement of civilization. Spirituality is becoming a drab repetitive chant called raka' (the muslim ritual prayer). There is no advancement of societies but i do see its breakdown in war-torn areas. In those areas a manuscript of some so-called prophet controls every aspect of society (sharia) and he also left behind his blood stained imprint.
I dont see Baha'i claims coming true. Am i missing something?

Upvote 0