Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is very sad. I am a little bit familiar with the Benedictine sisters in Clyde. They call themselves the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, and they are contemplative but not totally cloistered. What is interesting about them is that they were very media savvy. They have been live streaming their prayer services for years.

Looking at their website now, I see that they must have closed their third monastery as well--it was in Wyoming or Montana, a very isolated rural area, and it looked as if it were quite small.

Pray for vocations.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That is very sad. I am a little bit familiar with the Benedictine sisters in Clyde. They call themselves the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, and they are contemplative but not totally cloistered. What is interesting about them is that they were very media savvy. They have been live streaming their prayer services for years.

Looking at their website now, I see that they must have closed their third monastery as well--it was in Wyoming or Montana, a very isolated rural area, and it looked as if it were quite small.

Pray for vocations.

That's the same community. The atheist I work with was teasing me, "I guess it's not so perpetual anymore".

As fate would have it, or Catholicville being Catholicville, the chaplain from the VA and one of two priests in Tucson trained to say the TLM came into the store later that day. He told me he was hoping to obtain the monastery for the Latin community. It certainly would be the most appropriate and beautiful church in Tucson for that purpose.

We got our letter from the sisters this week informing us of their plans. They're going to be out of there in two years. I'm going to miss them.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. Sad news, but maybe some new interesting folk will move into the monastery?

The VA chaplain was concerned that it would suffer the same fate as a similar property in Phoenix which is now a retail center. He said developers are interested in it. I hope we can keep it in the Church.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Huh. That would be a pretty unceremonious fate.

Does the property have much history?
I would hope that the building(s?) would at least be converted into something that benefits the local area more so than a retail center.
[side note: this is my 5,666 post]

Upvote 0