toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Robin Williams..Good movie,but there are those who refuse to watch it because they think it is not Biblical.
Truth is,NOBODY can say for sure what processes go on after death.It is one of the greatest mysteries of all time.

God is revealing mysteries all the time.. He is a wonder..

Glory To God

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With the belief in good and evil comes the devil without it he cannot exist.

So allow me to ask another way.. How would you instruct a christian not to eat of the tree.? what would you advise them to do?

Glory To God

Upvote 0

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So allow me to ask another way.. How would you instruct a christian not to eat of the tree.? what would you advise them to do?

Glory To God

Jesus instruct us how..Resist not evil...bear your cross and come after me.

But first we have to believe our Father. The prime command is that we do not believe in good and evil.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus instruct us how..Resist not evil...bear your cross and come after me.

But first we have to believe our Father. The prime command is that we do not believe in good and evil.

what does this mean? that we should not believe in good and evil?

Glory To God

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Its interesting and sad that some love the devil. They know he is darkness and yet they befriend him. outright serve him..

I know many don't have an opportunity to see and hear spiritually because if they did... there would be no way they could love darkness..

and would understand that darkness doesnt "love".. no matter how much you serve him..

I was wondering what your thoughts were..

Glory To God

Jesus called Judas his friend as he betrayed him with a kiss .. and he said of him "but one of you is a devil"

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus called Judas his friend as he betrayed him with a kiss .. and he said of him "but one of you is a devil"

yeah.. sometimes one is unknown to us until God reveals their true intentions.

Glory To God

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
yeah.. sometimes one is unknown to us until God reveals their true intentions.

Glory To God

But God is love . so .. perhaps the whole idea of him doing more than we can imagine or think of the famous benediction .. could really help our imaginations to hope .

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But God is love . so .. perhaps the whole idea of him doing more than we can imagine or think of the famous benediction .. could really help our imaginations to hope .

Yes. a relationship in God is necessary so we can see truth..

Glory To God

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes. a relationship in God is necessary so we can see truth..

Glory To God

if you forgive .. then it is forgiven .. if you do not forgive .. ah .. now it makes sense .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what does this mean? that we should not believe in good and evil?

Glory To God

God said that everything He created was good.

Gen. 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Because of Adam’s unbelief he, and by extension all of us, have been deceived into believing in good and evil.

God speaking through the prophet Isaiah further explained that no matter what we perceive, good or evil He created it all.

Is. 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

In other words the devil is a deception. By believing in the existence of good and evil we have been deceived into the existence of an evil doer.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:) but thank you, anyway ... i went and looked and it seems this 'video no longer exists' ... or something to that effect ... think i remember something about the movie ... did the kids get killed because he was going down the hill in neutral?

No, he got killed in a freak accident and his wife committed suicide shortly after.
The kids survived all of that.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok for those that are not demonstrating in spirit its simple... apply the teachings of christ and for those who demonstrating in the spirit will follow the same good tensions to avoid dark acts/intentions in spirit or manifesting negative things in spirit.

Glory To God

God said that everything He created was good.

Gen. 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Because of Adam’s unbelief he, and by extension all of us, have been deceived into believing in good and evil.

God speaking through the prophet Isaiah further explained that no matter what we perceive, good or evil He created it all.

Is. 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

In other words the devil is a deception. By believing in the existence of good and evil we have been deceived into the existence of an evil doer.

Upvote 0

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
do you think God wants you to befriend darkness?

Glory To God

Darkness has no substance or existence is just the absence of light. Wherever there is light there can be no darkness. It just like the great dragon, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, who has deceived the whole world into believing in his existence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Darkness has no substance or existence is just the absence of light. Wherever there is light there can be no darkness. It just like the great dragon, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, who has deceived the whole world into believing in his existence.

your right to some people darkness has no existence but, to those who operate in spirit see and understand darkness and its existence..

Glory To God

Upvote 0

DeadlyScimitars

The Lord's Assassin
Jul 23, 2013
Indianapolis, In
✟7,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
that said ... if i am to read your post correctly it would seem only the bad are resting .. in the context of your post, i understand it to read absent from the Lord is purgatory ... a place of rest ... because if Paradise (or whatever it is you believe it is called or otherwise) is a place of rest ... by your definition ... then so must purgatory ... how does that work
Some individuals pass away in flesh and at the moment of the death the Light appears to welcome them into heaven the Light is necessary in order to enter into heaven it is upto the individual to cross into the Light. Some dont because they cant accept their death or they want to watch over family members etc.

When an individual does not cross over they walk the earth attempting to accomplish whatever but, its hard on them because they missed the main concept of God. Trust all things to God. they are not happy.

Then you have those who walked in darkness while alive so when the die in flesh they are in darkness.. just walking the earth in torment.. this is purgatory but, its torment tooo.. they have demons with them knowing their weakness or reminding them of their shame or guilt..

In order to stand before God for a life review you must first be able to cross over into heaven.

you say the rest go straight to heaven ... so the Great White Throne judgement has taken place? judgement has already happened?

After you cross into heaven

not trying to pick an arguement ... just trying to understand how you see it the way you do ... and feel this all needs a little more attention ... jmho ... ty for any answer you may feel to post ...

Hang on....where are you getting this information toolite? I find no biblical backing for your claims or statements or ideals.
This sounds like Catholicism doctrine to me. Where does it say we have to work our way into the "Light", whatever that may be? And where does it say those who have passed have freedom to roam the earth or look after relatives? And where does it say you "cross into Heaven" and then judgment takes place? I find a lot of flaws in your opinions of what happens after death.
The Scriptures leave some mystery BUT it definitely gives us more information than what you propose. Please elaborate on your ideals so I am not misunderstanding.

Light and darkness can coexist for God created it that way.
But when you talk about "light" and "darkness" as good and bad they cannot exist at the same time...meaning one will manifest itself over the other.

I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. Acts 26

This is a verse that may help in this discussion.

Also,

And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh. Rom 13

In such Scriptures there is referral to living in darkness as being under the power of Satan.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. John 3

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Rev 3

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Those who serve their evil desires love the world and live in darkness and love to serve under the power of Satan. For, you cannot serve two masters, either God or Satan.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hang on....where are you getting this information toolite? I find no biblical backing for your claims or statements or ideals.
This sounds like Catholicism doctrine to me. Where does it say we have to work our way into the "Light", whatever that may be? And where does it say those who have passed have freedom to roam the earth or look after relatives? And where does it say you "cross into Heaven" and then judgment takes place? I find a lot of flaws in your opinions of what happens after death.
The Scriptures leave some mystery BUT it definitely gives us more information than what you propose. Please elaborate on your ideals so I am not misunderstanding.

Light and darkness can coexist for God created it that way.
But when you talk about "light" and "darkness" as good and bad they cannot exist at the same time...meaning one will manifest itself over the other.

I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. Acts 26

This is a verse that may help in this discussion.

Also,

And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh. Rom 13

In such Scriptures there is referral to living in darkness as being under the power of Satan.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. John 3

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 9I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Rev 3

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

Those who serve their evil desires love the world and live in darkness and love to serve under the power of Satan. For, you cannot serve two masters, either God or Satan.

None of what you said makes sense.

Glory To God

Upvote 0

DeadlyScimitars

The Lord's Assassin
Jul 23, 2013
Indianapolis, In
✟7,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
None of what you said makes sense.

Glory To God

:confused:

I'm confused...what didn't make sense?

I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss views on how some ppl love Satan?

I was merely pointing out that in the Scriptures the tie between living in darkness and loving the world correlate with being under the power of Satan. So, for those that love the darkness or love the world, would it not be correct to say they love to be under the power of Satan, whether it be acknowledged as such by them?

They may not think or view it as loving Satan, but, in all reality that is exactly what it is. As stated, you cannot serve two masters. Either it be God, or the Prince of this world (Satan).

My first questions though were where are you getting your ideas on the afterlife? I'm curious because what I know of what the Bible teaches about it isn't in line with what you are saying. Strictly curiosity.

Upvote 0