Some liberal rag declares Obamacare is working.

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, it was Forbes.
More Small Businesses Offering Health Care To Employees Thanks To Obamacare - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes

When data like this appears, we have the opportunity to really find out who is talking smack for political benefit and who actually cares about getting affordable and available health care to America’s workers. Certainly, there will be elements of the new law that will not work out exactly as planned. That’s simply reality when it comes to any new piece of landmark legislation. But if you cannot celebrate what appears to be an important early success, you really should give some thought as to where your true interests and intents lie.​

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think what it shows is not so much that Obamacare is working, but that tax incentives work. There were many aspects of this bill that would have gotten bipartisan support, and I suspect that this is one of them (although I am not sure that increasing employer provided health insurance is exactly what should be promoted since that is a large part of the problem). It is the mandates, the taxes, the regulations, and the piling of 30 million people into Medicaid that makes up the bulk of Obamacare that people oppose.

Upvote 0

MichaelHelp

Aug 12, 2010
✟16,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think what it shows is not so much that Obamacare is working, but that tax incentives work. There were many aspects of this bill that would have gotten bipartisan support, and I suspect that this is one of them (although I am not sure that increasing employer provided health insurance is exactly what should be promoted since that is a large part of the problem). It is the mandates, the taxes, the regulations, and the piling of 30 million people into Medicaid that makes up the bulk of Obamacare that people oppose.

Yet the conservatives want to repeal the whole thing?

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet the conservatives want to repeal the whole thing?
Repeal and Reform. Reps are working on repeal, but apparently are unaware the they the Senate and Whitehouse won't let them until they have the "reform" part figured out.

Upvote 0

MichaelHelp

Aug 12, 2010
✟16,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Repeal and Reform. Reps are working on repeal, but apparently are unaware the they the Senate and Whitehouse won't let them until they have the "reform" part figured out.

The GOP reform healthcare? What is the GOP plan? Buying across state lines? What a joke!

Until they have some real proposals they will be treated like they have no ideas, because they don't.

Upvote 0

Kroger99

Nov 15, 2004
Louisville, Kentucky
✟1,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, it was Forbes.
More Small Businesses Offering Health Care To Employees Thanks To Obamacare - Rick Ungar - The Policy Page - Forbes
When data like this appears, we have the opportunity to really find out who is talking smack for political benefit and who actually cares about getting affordable and available health care to America’s workers. Certainly, there will be elements of the new law that will not work out exactly as planned. That’s simply reality when it comes to any new piece of landmark legislation. But if you cannot celebrate what appears to be an important early success, you really should give some thought as to where your true interests and intents lie.​
I must say that it is working just as Obama planned. Insurance cost is going through the roof. It shouldn't be too long before these companies have to shut down and give the government complete control of our lives. This is just the first step in what is to come. That is unless Americans put a stop to it. Time will tell! :cool:

Upvote 0