Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Recently my grandmother passed away. And I suppose in the process of grieving that loss I started going through my stuff to find old letters and cards from her. I found one that I am really touched by and I wanted to share it with you all. The card says on the front: There is a quiet voise that comes from the center of your being. It can be easily drowned by the chorus of a negative world. Only in the stillness that lies inside you can you hear it speaking softly. . .speaking the wisdom you have always known. (it has a beautiful picture of a river with pine trees on one side of the river bank and a grassy meadow filled with wildflowers on the facing side. A blue cloudy sky up above ) Then you open it and it says: You have a beautiful strong spirit within you. . .let it be your guide.

She also wrote me another letter where she speaks of the trials that she experienced when she broke her ankle. She says: Thank you for your encouraging words and for your prayers. You are in my prayers too. Here's one that has been a big help to me for years--The Light of God surrounds me, the Love of God enfolds me, the Power of God watches over me, Where ever I am God is.

I was thinking that those little quotes might lift you up the way they are lifting me up. Yes, Grandma, where ever you are God is. Because you are with Him now. I praise the Lord for that.

lindaunderwood

Memory Book Webmistress
Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
✟7,672.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Grandma, where ever you are God is

That's how I think of Heaven. We only get a taste of the presence of God now (through a glass darkly) but in due course we shall be COMPLETELY INFILLED AND SURROUNDED BY GOD. Completely sharing (as joint heirs with Christ) all the love, joy, peace and presence of God.

That brings me to my definition of Hell (thanks to the Authodox Churches). Those that don't know Christ in life, will in death still be completely surrounded by God (for God is everywhere - except where He's not invited) but they will be unable to feel the love, joy and peace of God. GOD (and His blessings) WILL BE ALL AROUND THEM, BUT NOT WITHIN THEM. They will be like a blind person completely surrounded by light, but unable to share it. Or a deaf person surrounded by music they cannot hear. They will be aware that love, joy and peace are all around them, but they will be untouched by it... Hell indeed.

Upvote 0