Some Christians don't believe in demons

May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Demons believe in the the LORD and His name alone is enough to send shivers down a demon's spine. What more His presence?:cool:

Besides, the demons have already been judged by LORD.

You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. It is written:

“As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God." Romans 14:10-11

Is that not the objective (to make them less effective)?^_^

There is absolutely no truth in the devil, whatsoever.

"You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and stayed not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." John 8:44

If that's how the Catholic exorcists operate, then they are playing with fire or have simply become arrogant thinking that the devil will reply truthfully to whatever they ask. Never believe anything that comes out of that serpent's mouth, in fact, don't even ask him anything...just operate a "shoot on sight, ask no questions" policy.;)
I have to agree, conversing with an evil spirit is like juggling jars of gasoline in the middle of a bonfire, my wife used to have night seizures, and since we began praying "should any spirit come and try to cause her to have a seizure we ask you Father to cast that spirit into the abyss" In Jesus name! since then they dwindled down (maybe word got out) from what used to be one every two months, and these were serious seizures, many times she was unable to speak for 20 minutes after, to none in almost a year, and even in the last few she has had, a year ago they were substancially less in the seizure itself and the minutes following. It has been a remarkable miracle, and all the Glory goes to God alone.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
obviously this man has seen God face to face, otherwise why would he have an Angelican symbol

No I have never seen God face to face. Although, I would love to have such an experience which would remove all doubt.

The difference is that the devil, Satan, Lucifer, or whatever you want to call him would have no interest in your "faith" he would brandish his appearance on a whim if he were able. Thus, if Lucifer is wandering about town leaping into and out of people at will he would not have any interest in man's "faith" and would not be discreat in his movements as God has been.

I would welcome any oppertunity to observe these things first hand. However, I will not expect that such an oppertunity will be forthcomiong...lol

Upvote 0
May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I have never seen God face to face. Although, I would love to have such an experience which would remove all doubt.

The difference is that the devil, Satan, Lucifer, or whatever you want to call him would have no interest in your "faith" he would brandish his appearance on a whim if he were able. Thus, if Lucifer is wandering about town leaping into and out of people at will he would not have any interest in man's "faith" and would not be discreat in his movements as God has been.

I would welcome any oppertunity to observe these things first hand. However, I will not expect that such an oppertunity will be forthcomiong...lol
which would remove all doubt?....you doubt God exist? wow! Its obvious you don't put much stock in the bible either, I hope your opportunity to meet the Lord comes before you die, so that you will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you

Upvote 0
May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"remove all doubt"! opps double post

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why show yourself when you can deceive in the shadows? Demons don't like to draw attention to themselves. They can be sent to Hell, possibly to stay until the Second Coming. At least according to some exorcists.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why show yourself when you can deceive in the shadows? Demons don't like to draw attention to themselves. They can be sent to Hell, possibly to stay until the Second Coming. At least according to some exorcists.

hmm I think they are sent to the abyss/sheol/hades and not hell, which is a different thing.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

While we are still on the subject, I heard that Roman Catholics believe that demons fear the name of Mary more than God?

"from 'True Devotion To The Blessed Virgin', a certain Louis de Montfort says that the demons fear Mary more than God because out of their pride they can not stand being defeated by a mere woman."

Here is an snipet of an interview with a Catholic priest:

Q: And once it's said it?

At the end, the priest says to the demon, "Go away! Disappear!" The demon usually answers, "No, I don't want to." It rebels and revolts. Sometimes it says "You have no power over me. You are nothing to me." But after a while, its resistance weakens. This usually happens after the invocation of the Holy Mother, she's very important for that. No demon ever dares to insult her during an exorcism. Never.

Q: Does a demon have more respect for Mary than for God himself?

Apparently. Otherwise no holds are barred, and everyone is insulted: the priests, everyone present, the bishops, the Pope, even Jesus Christ. But never the Virgin Mary. It's an enigma.

Link.....Pedro Barrajon, Paul Badde: Hell is a state (28/12/2005) - signandsight

:doh:

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hmm I think they are sent to the abyss/sheol/hades and not hell, which is a different thing.

You have caught my attention. Elaborate?

While we are still on the subject, I heard that Roman Catholics believe that demons fear the name of Mary more than God?

"from 'True Devotion To The Blessed Virgin', a certain Louis de Montfort says that the demons fear Mary more than God because out of their pride they can not stand being defeated by a mere woman."

At the end, the priest says to the demon, "Go away! Disappear!" The demon usually answers, "No, I don't want to." It rebels and revolts. Sometimes it says "You have no power over me. You are nothing to me." But after a while, its resistance weakens. This usually happens after the invocation of the Holy Mother, she's very important for that. No demon ever dares to insult her during an exorcism. Never.

Apparently. Otherwise no holds are barred, and everyone is insulted: the priests, everyone present, the bishops, the Pope, even Jesus Christ. But never the Virgin Mary. It's an enigma.

Link.....Pedro Barrajon, Paul Badde: Hell is a state (28/12/2005) - signandsight

He must be mistaken. It is not possible for a mere human (however sinless she may be) to be more powerful than God, incarnate or otherwise.

Upvote 0

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
which would remove all doubt?....you doubt God exist? wow! Its obvious you don't put much stock in the bible either, I hope your opportunity to meet the Lord comes before you die, so that you will believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to save you

Of course I have doubts. I think that is why it is called "faith". Even the apostles doubted. I would guess that the vast majority of christians have some degree or doubt, at least from time to time. To be "absolute" in ones belief would require concrete proof which unfortunately does not exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Perhaps, I have often wondered this myself. This is why I have always wished I could actually see something like this for myself. It is also why I have doubted the whole "sold my soul to Satan" thing. You may well be capable of "giving" your soul to Lucifer, but I doubt he is capable of giving you anything in return. Of course I have heard/read of stories of this person or that person being "alleged" to have contracted with Lucifer, but I have seen no real proof of a "Faustivian bargin"actually being consummated, although I am open to explore the possibility of its reality.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have caught my attention. Elaborate?

I thought that it was common knowledge that hades and hell were different?

Luke 8:27-31 (ESV)
(8:27) When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. (8:28) When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.” (8:29) For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.) (8:30) Jesus then asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Legion,” for many demons had entered him. (8:31) And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss.

Matt 12:43 (ESV)
(12:43) “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none.

Luke 11:24 (ESV)
(11:24) “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and finding none it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’

Rev 18:2 (ESV)
(18:2) And he called out with a mighty voice, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! ​​​​​​​She has become a dwelling place for demons, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean spirit, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean bird, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.
​​​

to me it seems that hades/sheol/the abyss are right now and the lake of fire and hell are some future judgement. of course there is torment in hades too.

I have no idea what groups of churches believe that hades and hell are different places, do the RCC believe that they are the same place?

Upvote 0
May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course I have doubts. I think that is why it is called "faith". Even the apostles doubted. I would guess that the vast majority of christians have some degree or doubt, at least from time to time. To be "absolute" in ones belief would require concrete proof which unfortunately does not exist.
I guess I'm one of those who has concrete proof, I have absolutely no doubt about the existance of the God of the bible. although if you believe you will be more blessed, just as Jesus told Thomas that blessed are those who believe without seeing

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps, I have often wondered this myself. This is why I have always wished I could actually see something like this for myself. It is also why I have doubted the whole "sold my soul to Satan" thing. You may well be capable of "giving" your soul to Lucifer, but I doubt he is capable of giving you anything in return. Of course I have heard/read of stories of this person or that person being "alleged" to have contracted with Lucifer, but I have seen no real proof of a "Faustivian bargin"actually being consummated, although I am open to explore the possibility of its reality.

Eh, when Satan tempted Jesus, he promised many things. Jesus didn't say "lol no Satan you don't have the power do offer me anything". Scripture even says that Satan is the lord of this world. So yes, I think it's possible that Satan and his demons can give people things in this world. However, they will only give them things that are detrimental to their soul, even if it appears otherwise.

I thought that it was common knowledge that hades and hell were different?

Luke 8:27-31 (ESV)
(8:27) When Jesus had stepped out on land, there met him a man from the city who had demons. For a long time he had worn no clothes, and he had not lived in a house but among the tombs. (8:28) When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me.” (8:29) For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.) (8:30) Jesus then asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “Legion,” for many demons had entered him. (8:31) And they begged him not to command them to depart into the abyss.

Matt 12:43 (ESV)
(12:43) “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none.

Luke 11:24 (ESV)
(11:24) “When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and finding none it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’

Rev 18:2 (ESV)
(18:2) And he called out with a mighty voice, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! ​​​​​​​She has become a dwelling place for demons, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean spirit, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean bird, ​​​​​​​a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast. ​​​

to me it seems that hades/sheol/the abyss are right now and the lake of fire and hell are some future judgement. of course there is torment in hades too.

I have no idea what groups of churches believe that hades and hell are different places, do the RCC believe that they are the same place?

I don't speak for the RCC because I don't have the documentation on hand, but I've always viewed hell the same way you view hades. Thus, I don't really differentiate. There is hell now, and there is the lake of fire later. Seems we are agreeing in our main points, but our terminology is just a little different. Props for using the ESV though. I use my Revised Standard Version—2nd Catholic Edition, but it doesn't include the OT; I use the ESV for the Old Testament. Which leaves a problem, what do I use for the deuterocanonical books?;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

max1120

seeker
Oct 9, 2008
✟9,676.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Eh, when Satan tempted Jesus, he promised many things. Jesus didn't say "lol no Satan you don't have the power do offer me anything". Scripture even says that Satan is the lord of this world. So yes, I think it's possible that Satan and his demons can give people things in this world. However, they will only give them things that are detrimental to their soul, even if it appears otherwise.

I think the point was that Christ knew he had more to loose than to gain by taking Lucifer's offer. Lucifer was not "selling" he was "buying", and Chrsit correctly assessed this situation. One would also have to realize that getting Jesus to do his bidding would have been a MUCH bigger deal than getting you or I to do so. Thus, I am sure more was offered, but would there be a "catch"? Jesus would have known this and thus, declined.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't speak for the RCC because I don't have the documentation on hand, but I've always viewed hell the same way you view hades. Thus, I don't really differentiate. There is hell now, and there is the lake of fire later. Seems we are agreeing in our main points, but our terminology is just a little different. Props for using the ESV though. I use my Revised Standard Version—2nd Catholic Edition, but it doesn't include the OT; I use the ESV for the Old Testament. Which leaves a problem, what do I use for the deuterocanonical books?;)

well then it looks like we agree. and I would never limit myself to one bible translation, grab as many good ones as you can :D

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Glad you posted this.

Upvote 0