✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'll call it what it is:

Ignorance is not a disqualifier for public office....
Nor is it a disqualifier for posting here. Rather than attack her intelligence, why not spell out what you think is so ignorant in what she said. If you can.

Upvote 0

ConqueredbyLove

Jul 8, 2008
Northern California
✟803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll call it what it is:
quote]

I will also....

The Democrats are in such a bad place that they are concerned they might loose control of Congress next year :wave:

Yes...that is what Gangster government accomplishes. The American people see it for what it is, now :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'll call it what it is:
quote]

I will also....

The Democrats are in such a bad place that they are concerned they might loose control of Congress next year :wave:

Yes...that is what Gangster government accomplishes. The American people see it for what it is, now :thumbsup:

Just a question for you...

Were you as concerned with Bush's warrantless wiretaps, extraordinary renditions, and lying to take us to war as you are with Obama's "takeover" of a few hundredths of one percent of the American economy?

Upvote 0

ConqueredbyLove

Jul 8, 2008
Northern California
✟803.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just a question for you...

Were you as concerned with Bush's warrantless wiretaps, extraordinary renditions, and lying to take us to war as you are with Obama's "takeover" of a few hundredths of one percent of the American economy?

You know, that is not going to cut it in the next election, try as you might.

And it is not a "few hundredeths of one percent of the American economy as you erroneously state. With their health care plan, alone they want to take over 1/5th of the economy.

You might want to get your facts straight before you reply to me...

Even VP Biden said this is Obama's baby now.

In the next election people are going to be concerned with what is happening to them now.......

And now, is quite sad for many Americans...

Upvote 0
R

reverend C

Nor is it a disqualifier for posting here. Rather than attack her intelligence, why not spell out what you think is so ignorant in what she said. If you can.

be happy to. the representatives party's answer to gm's woes was to let them go under and liquidate. there would be no one to appeal to if you felt you had a case to keep your particular dealership open. there would be no gm at all. that was the free market solution. millions would be out of work with that solution.
the czars are advisors. they don't bypass congress. they have no business with congress. they are presidential advisors. bachmann is a fruitcake, as clueless as palin to the big picture. not only is she not credible, she is incredible. she is a fear monger with a power agenda and a fundamentalist fervor.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

And it is not a "few hundredeths of one percent of the American economy as you erroneously state. With their health care plan, alone they want to take over 1/5th of the economy.

In the next election people are going to be concerned with what is happening to them now.......

So what's YOUR fix for the health care situation?

And how do you account for the numerous countries that have national health plans AND freedom AND vibrant economies?

The whole socialized medicine=Stalinism argument isn't going to "cut it," either.

Upvote 0
R

reverend C

there is currently no plan in the house or senate that has the u.s. government taking over the health industry. it regulates the excesses and provides, at best, one option among many that the public can choose from. if you believe the u.s. will take over 20&#37; of the economy you are <staff edit> badly misinformed and manipulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
be happy to. the representatives party's answer to gm's woes was to let them go under and liquidate. there would be no one to appeal to if you felt you had a case to keep your particular dealership open. there would be no gm at all. that was the free market solution. millions would be out of work with that solution.
Millions? <staff edit> Bankruptcy would not have necessarily led to the end of GM. And if it did, so what? That is the way the free market works. You may not like the free market, but advocating it is not a sign of ignorance as you and your pal are trying to claim. <staff edit>

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

To be fair...you could make a cogent argument that allowing GM to go under would have, over the long run, been the best course of action to take. Maybe the future of automobiles is startups like Tesla Motors rather than the big, old-school auto companies.

However, most of the crowd excoriating Obama for the bailouts overlooks the fact that Bush was the one who set the precedent for bailouts of this nature. And I'll bet most of them would have then jumped on Obama's back next year asking "where's the recovery" and blaming him for not doing anything to stop the economy from cratering, had he went with the conservative doctrine of letting the market cull the weak.

It's not that some folks oppose government bailouts that gets me. It's the intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy many of them--not all, but many--have exhibited in raking Obama over the coals.

Upvote 0
R

reverend C

Millions? <staff edit> Bankruptcy would not have necessarily led to the end of GM. And if it did, so what? That is the way the free market works. You may not like the free market, but advocating it is not a sign of ignorance as you and your pal are trying to claim.<staff edit>

between dealership employees, manufacturing, parts suppliers, and so on, yes, millions.
they DID declare bankruptcy. did you miss that memo? they are currently under reorganization. please tell me the operational title of any government employee in the hierarchy of gm's corporate structure.
wasn't that last comment of yours an ad hominem?

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
To be fair...you could make a cogent argument that allowing GM to go under would have, over the long run, been the best course of action to take. Maybe the future of automobiles is startups like Tesla Motors rather than the big, old-school auto companies.
<staff edit>

However, most of the crowd excoriating Obama for the bailouts overlooks the fact that Bush was the one who set the precedent for bailouts of this nature. And I'll bet most of them would have then jumped on Obama's back next year asking "where's the recovery" and blaming him for not doing anything to stop the economy from cratering, had he went with the conservative doctrine of letting the market cull the weak.
Since neither Bush nor Obama has done anything to correct the underlying cause of the economic crisis, everyone will be asking "where's the recovery?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

reverend C

Millions? <staff edit> Bankruptcy would not have necessarily led to the end of GM. And if it did, so what? That is the way the free market works. You may not like the free market, but advocating it is not a sign of ignorance as you and your pal are trying to claim.<staff edit>

how was what i said about the czars an ad hominem, by the way? or could you just not deal with that so you hoped no one would read the previous page?
timid at best, bt.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
between dealership employees, manufacturing, parts suppliers, and so on, yes, millions.
they DID declare bankruptcy. did you miss that memo? they are currently under reorganization. please tell me the operational title of any government employee in the hierarchy of gm's corporate structure.
wasn't that last comment of yours an ad hominem?
<staff edit> Your argument against Bachman was that she supported the free market approach of just letting GM go bankrupt. Now you lecture me as how their bankruptcy saved millions of jobs. Pick a side, will you? As to the rest of your post, who owns GM? Is it public, or private?

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
how was what i said about the czars an ad hominem, by the way? or could you just not deal with that so you hoped no one would read the previous page?
timid at best, bt.
You mean this?

bachmann is a fruitcake, as clueless as palin to the big picture. not only is she not credible, she is incredible. she is a fear monger with a power agenda and a fundamentalist fervor
Unless you consider that a reasoned argument, I am going to stick with ad hom.

Upvote 0
R

reverend C

<staff edit> Your argument against Bachman was that she supported the free market approach of just letting GM go bankrupt. Now you lecture me as how their bankruptcy saved millions of jobs. Pick a side, will you? As to the rest of your post, who owns GM? Is it public, or private?

no silly, i said liquidate. you just can't read. in their condition, without the governments help, they would not have gotten a bankruptcy plan approved.
it is private. look at their corporate structure. their is no fed on their payroll. their profits go to them. they have a government loan.
never read e.e.cummings. he will really make you crazy. kerouac, too.

LOL! (is that better?)

Upvote 0