Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they do they are not self absorbed, more likely following God's will rather than their own. Might be an indicator how to approach them, no?
I am sometimes humbled by the kindness and grace of people.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you had CPE. A good CPE is very helpful if one is not defensive and open to critique, challenge, question.
The diocese I trained in required it for ordination. I had a good experience, but there are lots of people with horror stories. Some CPE supervisors seem to think they need to break down their interns, which imho is downright abusive. I was fortunate not to have such supervisors.

My understanding is that under the Code of Canon Law of the Eastern Catholic Churches if you can’t arrange a priest for an Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrian or, if I recall, a member of the Polish National Catholic Church (I am pretty sure they are included), they are allowed to receive the sacraments from Catholic priests if they are properly disposed to do so.

And furthermore in an emergency, or in extremis, this even applies to Protestants if memory serves, with some caveats.
Or, the way a Catholic priest put it to me once, he could give me the sacraments "if you're dying and there's no Anglican priest available." :crossrc:

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status