So Jesus starts converting monkeys to believers, join in?

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You and I both know there is nothing, absolutely nothing from an animal in your DNA, the only difference is, I can prove it with principles and you can say you'd rather wait for the science.

So look, if I say monkeys and not apes or gorillas or whatever it is you are on about, it really doesn't matter, the point is that as far as I am concerned you are human, you have to live with your actions and Darwin's brainfarts don't excuse you from doing your homework.

Still want to correct me? Try reading between the lines a little harder.

I wonder if an individual can read between the lines so intensely that they blind themselves to the actual text and only see empty space.

Upvote 0

madaz

dyslexic agnostic insomniac
Mar 14, 2012
Gold Coast Australia
✟9,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You and I both know there is nothing, absolutely nothing from an animal in your DNA, the only difference is, I can prove it with principles and you can say you'd rather wait for the science..

You are mistaken here Gotts, you and I both know homosapiens are members of the great ape family, our DNA demonstated this fact decades ago, no waiting for science here my friend.

The difference between us is you are in denial. :)

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You don't understand the DNA, you won't for decades.

Pipedream.

Someone is projecting, we understand DNA pretty well, actually. Sorry that you are behind on that, but rather than deny the information, you could always catch up on it.

Upvote 0

Old Ned

Oct 23, 2013
Canada... Originally England.
Visit site
✟8,418.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually for what its worth, I think Jesus is all for genetic engineering, I think He wants us to understand how things work. That's why when it comes to Evolution, I honestly think He would stand squarely on my side of the fence. He would say "Man believes many things about his past, but none of them are fit for anything but stories unto God" or something like that. He would laugh if you tried to tell Him that there was no way for Him to pass His genetic interpretation of life onto other people, without screwing them. He would predict that life is going to change very little over the course of its natural life and that the feat of the butterfly is too complex to be a random event.

Then He would attack your hypocrisy that when the Universe is everywhere to be found, somehow Science owns the rights to its discovery.

So Jesus is for Genetic Engineering... but laughs at Evolution....? Ooookay.
Are you and the big J related?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist
Hi there,

So look, I wasn't gonna post this, but I think it makes a neat point.

Jesus starts converting monkeys to believers, join in?

Is this a question?

Do you not believe that Jesus could convert monkeys into believers?

Can you give reasons for your answers?

Shouldn't there be a question first?

Interested to see whether you see this as a provocation or irrelevant.

Are ANY of these threads relevant to anything?

But hey, what the heck...I'll answer:

YES! Praise Jesus! Monkey Christians now run all over the earth. It is a great day because now you don't have to watch a monkey touch at the zoo. But I suppose some of them will still fling poo.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm utterly confused as to the point of this...

What exactly is the question I am supposed to be answering again? That if I saw Jesus preaching to monkeys, would I join in and help him and/or follow him with the monkeys?

Because I'm not seeing the point of the question. If you're going somewhere with it, be upfront. I don't like coy and indirect arguments. Socratic dialogues are reserved for honest questions and teacher/student instances, not debating ones.

I'm obviously not going to say yes, so no. I wouldn't. I probably wouldn't join Jesus unless he performed an undeniable miracle in front of me or managed to convince me through logic and reason that his position was the valid one, regardless of whether he was preaching to humans, apes, dogs, cats, snakes, birds, fish, rocks, or air.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist
I am sure they are just as confused. Not sure what rules he is breaking, but I have seen them take action for less.

To be fair Gottservant is working to explore ALL aspects of evolution's flaws. And Jesus converting monkeys to Christianity is a complete and utter weakness of Evolution.

Darwin himself would be unable to answer the question in OP (as would anyone else who speaks english and understand the construction of interrogatory sentences, but that's beside the point). Hence evolution = fail.

It's almost laughable how this question skewers to the very heart of evolution and destroys it with a simple construct.

Jesus + Monkeys = WIN.

QED.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
In Gottservants defense, I must say that even a science forum can use a bit of artistic work every now and then. I personally enjoy his style of writing which is so utterly unconstrained by scientific conventions, such as "Words have established meanings" or the pedantic quest for logic. To me, his works seem to be written in the tradition of Surrealism, Dadaism and the Absurd Theater (which to me, as a child of the 60s/70s, brings back good memories).

Upvote 0

CarlosTomy

Aug 31, 2013
✟725.00
Faith
Atheist
In Gottservants defense, I must say that even a science forum can use a bit of artistic work every now and then. I personally enjoy his style of writing which is so utterly unconstrained by scientific conventions, such as "Words have established meanings" or the pedantic quest for logic. To me, his works seem to be written in the tradition of Surrealism, Dadaism and the Absurd Theater (which to me, as a child of the 60s/70s, brings back good memories).

Yeah, I'm a sucker for Beckett now and again, but I'm not certain that Gottservant has sufficiently unmoored his creative efforts from more conventional fare.

Gottservant seems to have a desire to make a point against evolution that is "compelling" without ever really getting us to question the essence of being.

When I see a Max Ernst painting or Dali I can gain from it a certain dissociation from form that I don't quite "get" from Gottservant.

Gottservant's works are far more unhinged but seemingly NEEDFUL of our understanding.

Gottservant's failure in his "art", such as it is, is that he is unable to get across the point that so entertains him and so there's a sense of frustration...an unrequited need for communication with the viewer.

It leaves me more unsettled but not in a way that makes me yearn for more. Mostly just in a way to makes me wonder why the docents don't keep more direct control over the computer in the day room.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be fair Gottservant is working to explore ALL aspects of evolution's flaws. And Jesus converting monkeys to Christianity is a complete and utter weakness of Evolution.

Darwin himself would be unable to answer the question in OP (as would anyone else who speaks english and understand the construction of interrogatory sentences, but that's beside the point). Hence evolution = fail.

It's almost laughable how this question skewers to the very heart of evolution and destroys it with a simple construct.

Jesus + Monkeys = WIN.

QED.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or genuine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0