So if I ask a question...?

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
...and you answer it, if I find your answer unsatisfactory, should I press for a better answer or just shut up?

If you answer my question and I don't understand it should I just shut up and pretend to?

If you answer my question and I find I have more should I suppress them and pretend all is fine?

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You have over 8000 posts here. What's behind your asking these questions?

I enjoy asking questions. We don't learn anything by only offering answers. Fear not, not all of those are questions. One or two may be responses.

What's my question limit?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, they're framed as questions, but the purpose of my inquiry was just this--

You write as though you're a newcomer here and are uncertain of how this forum works. But you're not. So one would think that by now you would be aware of how it works. Or is it something else?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Well, they're framed as questions, but the purpose of my inquiry was just this--

You write as though you're a newcomer here and are uncertain of how this forum works. But you're not. So one would think that by now you would be aware of how it works. Or is it something else?

I can always move it. But, this is the Exploring Christianity forum, and that's what I'm doing.

I'm always going to be the guy who asks questions.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...and you answer it, if I find your answer unsatisfactory, should I press for a better answer or just shut up?

If you answer my question and I don't understand it should I just shut up and pretend to?

If you answer my question and I find I have more should I suppress them and pretend all is fine?
JGG, you should at this time be asking yourself a question. Why do you continue to ask for answers by proxy? Why, since you are so thirsty, must you continue to ask for water from other people? You should go to the source, get the water that is for you, and never thirst again. But whereas you have basically flooded this forum today with commotion, and effectively you are working against the purpose of Jesus Christ, which is to lift the world out of sin, and to bring the whole world to a lifestyle of repentance, to make the world what God wants it to be, for everyone's benefit. Look if someone comes here out of the blue today, sees the shameful performance, bickering, useless questions, the inability for The Holy Spirit to convict you of the truth, then surely a person will believe that Christianity is a joke. I know you remember what He said He will do with a person who causes one to stumble. You cannot escape Him JGG, even by believing you can. Please, take heed to the messages He gives you. We know you get hurt by people in His name, and that you want to make a spectacle of it, but do not go on to think that it doesn't hurt Him too. That doesn't help a single person, not even yourself.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
JGG, you should at this time be asking yourself a question. Why do you continue to ask for answers by proxy? Why, since you are so thirsty, must you continue to ask for water from other people? You should go to the source, get the water that is for you, and never thirst again.

I know you don't really believe this. As I said to you privately (and to change the metaphor), I am following my path. However, in the past several days, if my path is not the same as other peoples' path, my path is wrong. You yourself are currently telling me which path I must walk. So, here I am, asking directions. Which way now?

But whereas you have basically flooded this forum today with commotion, and effectively you are working against the purpose of Jesus Christ, which is to lift the world out of sin, and to bring the whole world to a lifestyle of repentance, to make the world what God wants it to be, for everyone's benefit. Look if someone comes here out of the blue today, sees the shameful performance, bickering, useless questions, the inability for The Holy Spirit to convict you of the truth, then surely a person will believe that Christianity is a joke.

Where has there been bickering? I have only replied in these threads to push for less ambiguous answers. Other than that, I've just let them run. As for someone coming on to this forum, I would hope they believe it is okay to ask questions, and to take understanding over blind faith.

Apparently, they would be wrong. That's why I opened this thread. But since people are discouraged by my asking questions, I will happily walk away. But that leaves me in a tight spot. The path I was walking was wrong, and I should follow yours. Now, asking questions discourages people.

I know you remember what He said He will do with a person who causes one to stumble. You cannot escape Him JGG, even by believing you can. Please, take heed to the messages He gives you. We know you get hurt by people in His name, and that you want to make a spectacle of it, but do not go on to think that it doesn't hurt Him too. That doesn't help a single person, not even yourself.

Again, as I have said, I have been informed that messages I have been given are wrong. Fine. I am ignoring them, and listening to you. Instruct away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know you don't really believe this.
Well you should know that I do state my beliefs sincerely. A man of truth will recognize that. Since I do know my own beliefs well, better than you do, all I can do is inform you that while you say that you know I don't believe what I said in this (about you should get the water from the source to never thirst again), the truth is that I do believe this, and that a world of people who do just that is the only solution to the problem of evil. Rather, in saying this, you seem to believe that I want to be a pastor or leader to you or something like that, whereby you will be seeking from me to quench your thirst. I do not believe that to be the right advice for someone as yourself. Rather, as John 1:4 says, the Word of God enlightens us, through the light that shines from men. I want you to light your lamp and make the world brighter, just as I described to you yesterday that I observed in that Muslim messenger.
As I said to you privately (and to change the metaphor), I am following my path. However, in the past several days, if my path is not the same as other peoples' path, my path is wrong. You yourself are currently telling me which path I must walk. So, here I am, asking directions. Which way now?
Yes, an apology is required for this. It is due to my own personal objection to your actions yesterday. I described my reason for the objection, yet even though my concerns are right, it was not right to have passed that judgement. You are aware of the wisdom Jesus expressed concerning the judging of others. Straight away I received judgment of the same measure. I expect that you will know that. Whereas St. Paul describes "who are you to condemn another man's servant? Rather, pray for him and with The Lord's help he will stand approved". While obviously the natural pull for me at this time is to justify my actions, that is deceitful and entirely motivated by my own sense of pride. Whereas the right thing to do is to admit wrong and ask forgiveness.
Where has there been bickering?
This is an interesting question. Flabbergasting. None is found on your threads from yesterday, yet it is found abundantly on threads that contain God's message. What motivated this comment must have been my predetermined belief based on fear and distrust, instead of looking at reality. This is again, motivated by emotion and self interests.
I have only replied in these threads to push for less ambiguous answers. Other than that, I've just let them run.
Hopefully though you will see why I have not implied that you are doing the bickering.
As for someone coming on to this forum, I would hope they believe it is okay to ask questions, and to take understanding over blind faith.
Thank you. You can see in my response the sorts of pressures we all face in doing this, as you say, taking understanding instead of gratifying beliefs.
Apparently, they would be wrong. That's why I opened this thread. But since people are discouraged by my asking questions, I will happily walk away. But that leaves me in a tight spot. The path I was walking was wrong, and I should follow yours. Now, asking questions discourages people.
Now you are making a statement of truth. Yes, asking questions can discourage people, if the question manages to invoke from the other a shameful response. Remember, Jesus said "I am sending you as sheep among wolves, so be shrewd as a serpent and harmless as a dove". I apologize because I failed to be that way yesterday.
Again, as I have said, I have been informed that messages I have been given are wrong. Fine. I am ignoring them, and listening to you. Instruct away.
Sure. Do what you know is right.

Upvote 0