Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So I guess this is partially my fault but I play an online game and I like to chat and meet people there. Two nights ago I met this one guy and he seemed really nice, but now he won't stop talking to me. I just ignore him but sometimes I honestly feel like just telling him that he creeps me out.

I also have a myspace, and sometimes when I'm on there I'll get a message from some random guy that says "i would love to get with you! are you available for dinner tonight?" That's just one example that I copied and pasted word-for-word, but I've gotten similar messages from other guys. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was married. Ew.

Last year I was walking to work and some stranger asked me if I had a boyfriend. I lied and said yes in self defense.

And the other night one of my guy friends drunk dialed me and told me that he loves me. Too bad I don't have the same feelings for him, the poor guy. I seriously did not know how to respond to that, but I asked him about it the next day and he told me that remembered and meant every word he said to me. :help:

Anyone else have this problem? Or similar? It baffles me. I don't consider myself all that attractrive, but I have to admit that all this attention is mildly flattering, but more weird. Seriously, how desperate does someone have to be? Smiling at a hansome stranger is one thing, asking someone you never met before out on a date is another. Agh!

Bitnd12

Children, get your hearts right.
Apr 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, creepers. You silly (and duh, CREEPY) guys, you.

I don't consider myself particularly attractive and right now I'm not actively seeking out a boyfriend/relationship here at home (and have made that known), so any "normal" guy usually just lets me be. Unfortunately, that makes me a target for creepers because they don't see any other guy perusing me.

Recently, I was in the Baltimore area for the weekend and I was approached by a guy whose line was, "I noticed you from across the bay. Couldn't miss your eyes... I was just going to head home for the night, maybe you'd like to join me?" :eek: Once, I was looking at the bras at American Eagle and a guy came up to me and said, "You should get that one, the one with the lace." Thank God some sales girl saw it and came to my rescue. I've also lied about having boyfriends to get out of weird situations.

I've had clingers, too, and THAT'S weird. You know, the kind who stare at you when they think you aren't looking, the kind who give you THAT look when you barely even see them more than a few times a week. Blehhhh.

And honestly, I think it might have to do with location, Julina. I happen to know where you're posting from (Man, does that sound creepy... and in the creeper thread, no less) and I'll be the first to say that guys from our area are just plain nuts. I'll PM you in a minute because I'm curious if you've ever been to some spots locally and had any trouble. Williamsport and I don't have a great track record.

Anyway, yeah, creepers. Ewww.

:wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: Julina
Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Understand that you can't have your cake and eat it, too. If you are going to attract people, there will be some you like and others you don't. Such is life.

How many gals are there (on this site and elsewhere) who constantly complain that they don't get any attention from guys, for one reason or another?

Believe me, it's easy to be a turnoff, if that's what you wanna be. Or you can take the attention as a compliment and accept the good with the bad.

Upvote 0

Bitnd12

Apr 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Honestly, I think some people are taking what Julina and I said the wrong way. I don't go out of my way to attract/seek men, like I said. Occasionally though, I get approached by men who are genuinely scary. As in, how they approach me is so socially strange and non-standard that I walk away feeling afraid. Also, I don't have a negative outlook on dating or men in general. I would appreciate a compliment or interest from a man, generally. However, the thread was about "creepers", so I shared some of my negative, "creeper" experiences. And for the record, the last mini-paragraph of my first post was laced with sarcasm because I figured Julina would understand the inside joke. I then proceeded to PM her in case she didn't. Sheesh. Unless, of course, none of that was directed at me. I'm not out to make enemies here, especially over "creepers."

Upvote 0

nbiol

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
✟11,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's why I don't use AIM anymore, actually. There have been far too many guys who got my AIM off of my myspace at one point in time or another [when I was naive enough to put my messengers on myspace..without it being protected] and will ask me if they can come over tonight for "a lot of fun." I even got one from a guy saying, "I bet you have a bed big enough for the two of us." [That one, incedentally got reported to the police.]

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was in college I was out swing dancing at a place with a bunch of friends.

And one of the girls was asked to dance by this guy and she accepted. But then he started doing really weird stuff and picking her up. I noticed this and could tell she was uncomfortable I thought I should do something. I told my friends I was going to go over there with my cell phone and tell her that her mom was on the phone and it was urgent. (Either that or I was going to cut in, I hadn't decided at that point)

But my other friend (who was a girl) told me "no no she's fine." So I sat back down thinking another girl would have better instincts on that then I do.

And then my friend came back and expressed her discomfort with the guy (who was drunk) and said that she wished we had done something.

Something I've always felt bad about. Also a reason as to why I tend to trust my own insticts more then I do other's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ecuison

Servant of Christ, Father, Protector
Nov 6, 2006
Southern, California
✟15,664.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I feel it is how you present yourself. There is this chick I knew that I talked to and she was always telling me how she always attracts guys that just want to have sex with her. Well, with the way she dressed, always out at the bars, going to concerts in skimpy clothing, well, you get the point...

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many strange people in the world... probably more online than in real life (present company excluded). So it's always something to be wary about. Don't be bothered by it, just know to be careful, and ignore people like that when you meet them :)

Clearly you have never listened in on Melissa and I's conversations. :p

Upvote 0

AuburnMeg

Contributor
Apr 24, 2004
✟17,606.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel it is how you present yourself. There is this chick I knew that I talked to and she was always telling me how she always attracts guys that just want to have sex with her. Well, with the way she dressed, always out at the bars, going to concerts in skimpy clothing, well, you get the point...

Unless you know how they present themselves, you can't really make that judgement.

I don't own skimpy clothing, let alone wear it, and I have the same problem. I've been hit on by creepsters when I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I went to Foot Locker last night and had the guy who worked there hit on me. Foot Locker...I go there for running shoes - not men.

Upvote 0

Julina

Veteran
Apr 14, 2008
New Joisey
Visit site
✟18,285.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Unless you know how they present themselves, you can't really make that judgement.

I don't own skimpy clothing, let alone wear it, and I have the same problem. I've been hit on by creepsters when I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I went to Foot Locker last night and had the guy who worked there hit on me. Foot Locker...I go there for running shoes - not men.
yeah. i feel like some men want me ONLY because i'm a woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bitnd12

Apr 3, 2008
New York
Visit site
✟17,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
^^ What they said.

I usually wear jeans, a t-shirt or a shirt that's not so fancy and a pair of dirty old pink pumas. Not like I walk around in fish nets and 4-inch heels. Plus, I'm not a particularly bubbly or "flirty" person to begin with, so for them to misread me is, well, pretty impossible. Like meg said: running shoes, not men. :p

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Girls can be same way with the constant IMing and Text Messaging. Don't know if there's a term for them though, I just call it crazy.

Clingy

This is slightly different though. With Clingy you usually get to know them and they are constantly trying to talk to you or get your time etc.

What they are talking about is random guys typically that they don't know approaching them in an overly forward manner.

Upvote 0

AuburnMeg

Contributor
Apr 24, 2004
✟17,606.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Girls can be same way with the constant IMing and Text Messaging. Don't know if there's a term for them though, I just call it crazy.

They can be creepsters too.

I don't really have a problem with people IMing me because I rarely sign on these days, and as for texting...I'm pretty selective about who gets my number, so I've only had a problem with that once or twice.

I have an idea. Maybe people should just act NORMAL. That would be fabulous. :)

Upvote 0