LDS So I just accidentally saw some footage of an LDS baptism for the dead, and I have some questions...

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I don't go out of my way to look at Mormon temple videos. I have seen them before thanks to YouTube's automatic play function, but I've never specifically searched for one. But today I was watching a video discussing the LDS practice of baptism for the dead from an atheist perspective, and it was going along okay (nothing surprising), being filled only with unrelated pencil drawings while the narrator talked over his real-time sketching, when suddenly there was footage spliced in from one of those undercover videos of a person being baptized for the dead, and it left me with a few questions I'd like to ask.

Since I know that their temple ritual is something that Mormons are incredibly sensitive about, and this is an action performed in the temple, rather than just blurting out the questions (which involve describing what's going on in the temple, as per the video), I figured I'd ask first: is okay to discuss these things if these questions are asked in a respectful manner (i.e., I saw them doing X; why do they do it that way?), not in order to criticize the ritual, but to better understand why it is the way that it is? Is this something that Mormons would be willing to discuss in a few specific details if it is not made fun of or criticized as a thing? (I don't feel like I need to criticize it in order to ask about it anyway.)

And if any Mormons would rather not discuss this publicly, but would still be willing to discuss it privately, can I please PM one of you my questions? I really am just curious about what I saw. Thanks.