Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For my undergraduate and credential work, I never missed a class.

I'm not far into my graduate work, but I intend to do the same.

I really don't see the point in paying tens of thousands of dollars for an education that I'm not going to fully participate in.

Exactly. If I got a free ride, it might not bother me, but especially since tuition just went up $2,000, I'm glad I've never skipped a class in college. There were two P.E. classes that I skipped: once, the teacher told we didn't have to show up the last day if we'd done well the rest of the class, and during January it was blizzarding and we didn't have to go if we weren't able to, so I didn't.

During my high school career, I only missed two half days of class, so attendance is pretty much ingrained within my blood. Not that my grades show that. :p

Upvote 0

alldogsDONOTgotoheaven

Apr 6, 2005
✟15,539.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You know, one of the best indicators of student success is class attendance.
I only skipped one class due to illness and it was a test my teacher let me make-up. I also skipped a day of classes to go on a field trip to a school for the blind and deaf but I let my teachers know ahead of time. Oh, I did skip one graduate class to attend a friends wedding because it was a Saturday class. I met with my professor to go over some things in class. I think she took of some points from my grade but it didnt' hurt me any. I have had classes where 20% of the grade is attendance/participation. It's pretty stupid not to show up unless you have a legitimate reason then. I had one professor take random attendance. I think that's the best method if you're going to count attendance.
Parking was always worse the first and last like 2 weeks of the semester because people actually attended class (or were cramming/studying on campus).

Upvote 0