So disappointed in Christian Forums lately.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Actually, I am noone's sock, I was a member a couple of years ago and left and then returned just recently and once again find myself being disappointed in the forum in many ways. I have a lot of insight in this forum trust me.

if what you say is true, you had another account

you are a sock

there is no temporal loophole, sorry

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
do we really have to go accusing one another of being a sock ALL the time? OK I do detect some socks around here but I don't know, what if waving palm branches is for real and we're making a huge mistake?
never hurts to be charitable, does it?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
waving palm branches,
You seem OK to me:) It's funny how those who complain about threads being complaint threads often complain more than anyone else :sorry:

I will use this post as an example as an attempt to make a point... I have no ill will towards this poster, who obvious is taking a jab at me.

So, waving palm branches, you mean like this post here? A passive aggressive backhanded insult geared toward me, but yet, never directed at me?

and this is to make a point, they we fail in meeting the standard. Ironic, I know.

Does anyone understand my point? Stop judging, just stop judging ppl and let them be them. Because when you are judging another person, you are failing your own standard.

I don't meet the standard... none of do. we are human beings who are just working it out.

I may ignore 10 of these types of posts, but that 11th one... man... what to do? In the past I didn't allow a single one to get past me, but now, I can let them go... because I have grown.

personal growth is, well, it's personal.

I admit it's hard for me to calm down and let insults it go... it cracks me up when a person thinks they aren't just as insulting. but I realize the type of person the poster may be, and I accept they are just comming from their own wounded place like I am, so I let it go now, becuase there is no merit in me bullying a person.

You see here's the deal none of us are perfect... not one, if anyone here has a problem with anyone else, guess what? You falied to meet the standard.

I know you are expressing your feelings and I'm not discounting them. I'd like it to be different too, but it's not going to be. it's really not.

I'm not offended anymore because like I said, OBOB is more like the real world, not some fake virtual world where we all march in line agreeing with one another.

It is not run by any kind of Catholic authoritative staff. Heck, the mods are all non Catholic, so folks are going to express themselves, right or wrong and we need to all, including myself, be able to handle that.

We are different, we all have personalties and we should not have to defend that, defend constantly who we are.

as long as we aren't foul mouthed and nasty, and I do not see anyone being foul mouthed and nasty. I really don't. I mean this post was pretty nasty towards me... but if this is as bad as it gets, were doing good.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Humm...maybe I should make a sock? Another me under another name huh. Call her Tigg2. ^_^

I can understand if someone has a problem that is sensitive and wants input and figures all or some might know who they really are or that they might get banned for whatever. I assume that would be the two top reasons.

I won't make Tigg2 as I have enough on my docket with Tigg plus I ain't agonna get personal on here to my detriment.

God bless us all, including the double's known as socks! Hummmm, a double blessing then huh! :)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Those with schizophrenic tendencies could invent a sock and stage debates with themselves arguing both sides of the case.

What fun that could be.

It could be an interesting academic exercise for us to force ourselves to argue the points of view of people we disagree with. We might all learn something.

I think my sock will be "Archbishop Burke Fan Club Founder."

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fantine, on another forum, I and others saw that happen - same person debating themselve. Finally called to book for it, denial and a third was created. So we all just said um-hum and went about our business. It was strange, funny and really sad.

I will keep your new sock name so I know who ya might be. Long ago, I was mighty interested in trying to figure who was who and it sure became convoluted and finally silly for me to do so. Life is much easier for me now. :)
At least on this issue...

Edit: By the way, I do know that you are right to suggest playing the devil's advocate or taking the opposite side of a topic. One does learn a lot. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 22, 2010
✟7,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, Joan of Arc. What a wonderful, powerful role model for a young woman to have.

It's OK to be disappointed with CF. Realizing that you only have the power to change your own behavior, you still can hope that your example may inspire others.

Yes, there are some people who communicate by personal attacks. I just figure they are emotionally scarred in some way that causes them to lash out at others, so I try not to take it personally.

On my bad days, I (born Catholic) sometimes muse that perhaps being a convert from the evangelical religions might be akin to being a reformed smoker--that they have taken all the rigidity from their old religion and gone hunting for all the rigidity in their new religion and become completely inflexible. And I don't have the experience of being a convert (and if I had, I would surely have become UCC or Episcopal or something pretty liberal) so I can't criticize.

I was just born a Catholic and try to make the best of it, which, for me, means focusing on all the great things about Catholicism and not thinking very much about the rest of it.

This isn't a complaint about OBOB but just and honest reflection of my emotions toward the website as a whole, everyone is just assuming it is ONLY about OBOB and about them, I only posted this on OBOB because I thought my fellow Catholics could understand me on a personal level regarding our beliefs. BTW I like Joan of Arc very much because of a personal revelation I had leading me into the Catholic faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 22, 2010
✟7,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
waving palm branches,

I will use this post as an example as an attempt to make a point... I have no ill will towards this poster, who obvious is taking a jab at me.

So, waving palm branches, you mean like this post here? A passive aggressive backhanded insult geared toward me, but yet, never directed at me?

and this is to make a point, they we fail in meeting the standard. Ironic, I know.

Does anyone understand my point? Stop judging, just stop judging ppl and let them be them. Because when you are judging another person, you are failing your own standard.

I don't meet the standard... none of do. we are human beings who are just working it out.

I may ignore 10 of these types of posts, but that 11th one... man... what to do? In the past I didn't allow a single one to get past me, but now, I can let them go... because I have grown.

personal growth is, well, it's personal.

I admit it's hard for me to calm down and let insults it go... it cracks me up when a person thinks they aren't just as insulting. but I realize the type of person the poster may be, and I accept they are just comming from their own wounded place like I am, so I let it go now, becuase there is no merit in me bullying a person.

You see here's the deal none of us are perfect... not one, if anyone here has a problem with anyone else, guess what? You falied to meet the standard.

I know you are expressing your feelings and I'm not discounting them. I'd like it to be different too, but it's not going to be. it's really not.

I'm not offended anymore because like I said, OBOB is more like the real world, not some fake virtual world where we all march in line agreeing with one another.

It is not run by any kind of Catholic authoritative staff. Heck, the mods are all non Catholic, so folks are going to express themselves, right or wrong and we need to all, including myself, be able to handle that.

We are different, we all have personalties and we should not have to defend that, defend constantly who we are.

as long as we aren't foul mouthed and nasty, and I do not see anyone being foul mouthed and nasty. I really don't. I mean this post was pretty nasty towards me... but if this is as bad as it gets, were doing good.

:liturgy:

oh wait, nevermind.... hehe that confused me for a min.

Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

I constantly see people throwing insults at one another, I see "back biting" all over the place. Harsh words, unkindness, and total lack of the golden rule. This place shouldn't be a place to harshly debate but a place to educate, inspire, and relax. Christians of all Churches need to really think before they make a post. We shouldn't come on here to insult but have some sort of communion with one another, though we do not hold complete common bonds together in every aspect, we do hold a bond in that the sole purpose of this forum is Christ in the center of it all, and yet, I see Christ absent in people's post and words. It saddens me to the core, that a place one should be able to come to for reflection, has turned into nothing but a "attacking" mob in all sorts of ways and in several of the forums on here.

"But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels". 2 Tim. 2:23

I got my fill of it so bad I finally had to leave for awhile. That meant leaving something very dear to me, Charismatic Catholic Renewal. It was in very good hands with staff watching over it but it was so hard for me to do. I have been hanging out in Facebook.
I hate to see brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ ripping at each other. It is simply awful.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
and that's a mature statement because...?

Just keep in mind what Fantine wisely wrote regarding some that are emotionally scarred and angry, and that anger causes them to lash out.

I would not take it so much to heart, but your points are well taken. :)

Upvote 0