✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
My needs do come before your rights and vice versa
Then you dont have rights. And neither do I.
We are not dealing with whose philosophy of rights is better than the other we are dealing with life and death here .
You dont have a philosophy of rights. You just trashed it in favor of need.
The idea of civilized society is that we are civil rather than animals.
Animals steal from one another.
You cannot be civil towards anyone if you hold your petty pride regarding what is yours over the health of your neighbor ... Your money is nothing compared to the lives of others
What you are saying, perhaps without realizing it, is that the life of my neighbor is more valuable than mine. His need negates any claim I might have to my own life, my own liberty, my own property. So long as there is someone, somewhere in need, my rights dont exist. You should consider yourself lucky that we dont live in that type of world, the type of world you advocate. Mankind has gone through much of his history lacking individual rights. He had to literally claw his way out of the Dark Ages and you want to put him right back there.

your personal liberties that you enjoy in this country are yours only because someone died for them someone went to prison for them someone was black listed humiliated and because someone gave their lives by working themselves into an early grave just so that you have the libeties that you enjoy .
And you just tinkled on their graves by casting aside the liberty they struggled and died for in favor of a morality based upon need rather than rights. Well done.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Except that in the plutocracy that you propose, only the rich effectively have rights. If everything is allocated by ability to pay, and you're not able to pay, you get to die from some easily treatable disease, or starve to death. That's not freedom. That's tyranny of the wealthy elite.
What? No mention of Bill Gates or Sam Walton? Are you feeling OK?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The government would "run" healthcare about as much as insurance companies do but with more sympathy and better regulation.
The government does not inherently have any more sympathy than these companies do. It's all run by fallen people, who just want to get home at the end of the day and maybe reach the small goals for that year.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The government does not inherently have any more sympathy than these companies do. It's all run by fallen people, who just want to get home at the end of the day and maybe reach the small goals for that year.

I don't believe they would ever try and give bonuses for trying to deny as many people as possible. At least, it being the government, we could protest it if it did happen.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then you dont have rights. And neither do I. You dont have a philosophy of rights. You just trashed it in favor of need. Animals steal from one another.What you are saying, perhaps without realizing it, is that the life of my neighbor is more valuable than mine. His need negates any claim I might have to my own life, my own liberty, my own property. So long as there is someone, somewhere in need, my rights dont exist. You should consider yourself lucky that we dont live in that type of world, the type of world you advocate. Mankind has gone through much of his history lacking individual rights. He had to literally claw his way out of the Dark Ages and you want to put him right back there.

And you just tinkled on their graves by casting aside the liberty they struggled and died for in favor of a morality based upon need rather than rights. Well done.

RUBBISH Total Nonsense desperate ramblings based on fear and ignorance

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
RUBBISH Total Nonsense desperate ramblings based on fear and ignorance
Note to self: Next time you suspect you are wasting your time having a principled discussion with someone who lacks principle, go with your first instinct.

Upvote 0

LJSGM

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
Wisconsin
✟15,171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Note to self: Next time you suspect you are wasting your time having a principled discussion with someone who lacks principle, go with your first instinct.

It makes me wonder why you live in America? Why try and convince people who are happy with having a government that it is immoral? Why not just move somewhere that shares your beliefs? Like Somalia?

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Another display of immature ranting I suggest that you go to bed on time tonight just because you are 13 doesnt mean you are all grown up ..

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It makes me wonder why you live in America? Why try and convince people who are happy with having a government that it is immoral? Why not just move somewhere that shares your beliefs? Like Somalia?

Republicans have made it easy for him here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you think Somalia is a representation of my beliefs you either dont understand my beliefs or know absolutely nothing about Somalia. Either way, you dont have any idea what you are talking about. In fact, you make keryakos look bright, and that is not an easy thing to do.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you think Somalia is a representation of my beliefs you either dont understand my beliefs or know absolutely nothing about Somalia. Either way, you dont have any idea what you are talking about. In fact, you make keryakos look bright, and that is not an easy thing to do.

Again another hysterical rant

I could become offended but why? i am a democrat i have already won haha

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Another display of immature ranting I suggest that you go to bed on time tonight just because you are 13 doesnt mean you are all grown up ..

Ahhh 13 now it all makes sense. Doesn't even know what it is like to pay bills yet, let alone pay taxes.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ahhh 13 now it all makes sense. Doesn't even know what it is like to pay bills yet, let alone pay taxes.
Psst. Hey genius. Dont look now, but my age is right next to that handsome face on my avatar. As for taxes, you should be nicer to me. After all, it is my wealth and those of people like me that you cant wait to get your covetous little hands on. Would it kill you to show some gratitude?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
lol

talks about having principled discussions and abandons the principled discussion to insult the other guy! Welcome to the gutter. :wave:

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Psst. Hey genius. Dont look now, but my age is right next to that handsome face on my avatar. As for taxes, you should be nicer to me. After all, it is my wealth and those of people like me that you cant wait to get your covetous little hands on. Would it kill you to show some gratitude?

Why be gracious. He has a need, therefore a right to your wealth.

(Don't tell him that there is probably someone with a greater need, who will take what he has taken from you.)

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

no thanks, we are doing just fine thanks. matter of fact we are in the bracket that will be highly taxed. No complaints here.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Aren't you jealous for what the bossman has? Shouldn't you appreciate the rich because they GENEROUSLY allow scraps to fall from their table to the commoners under the table?

lies from the table cloth :D

:wave: love you BlessEwe

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
lol

talks about having principled discussions and abandons the principled discussion to insult the other guy! Welcome to the gutter. :wave:
Look who's here. The post you quoted was a reaction to his insult. Do try to keep up.

Upvote 0